Powered by Outside

Mechanics Quick Question Thread [Ask Questions Here]

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Mechanics Quick Question Thread [Ask Questions Here]
Posted: Apr 15, 2024 at 6:29 Quote
Nobble wrote:
I’m not sure if they sell individual hardware. I know you can either get the full kit from specialized (PN S194200052) or a piecemeal from betterbolts.

https://betterbolts.com/products/titanium-specialized-enduro-frame-hardware-kit-2020

Ironically the “upgrade” Ti hardware is heavier than the stock Aluminum hardware.

I don't suppose anyone knows of a company in the UK offering similar? I'm also reluctant to buy a full kit for one bolt.

Posted: Apr 15, 2024 at 8:13 Quote
commental wrote:
Nobble wrote:
I’m not sure if they sell individual hardware. I know you can either get the full kit from specialized (PN S194200052) or a piecemeal from betterbolts.

https://betterbolts.com/products/titanium-specialized-enduro-frame-hardware-kit-2020

Ironically the “upgrade” Ti hardware is heavier than the stock Aluminum hardware.

I don't suppose anyone knows of a company in the UK offering similar? I'm also reluctant to buy a full kit for one bolt.

Better bolts only sells that one in the whole kit.
This is the closest bolt I can find at 16 mm long.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3256801602429107.html

Posted: Apr 15, 2024 at 8:27 Quote
If Better Bolts won’t sell you that one as a single then I guess you’ll have spares after you buy the full kit. lol

It’s an expensive carbon frame. Don’t screw it up with some hardware store hack.

Edit: your only other option is to try and find a shop that has used hardware left over from a warranty frame replacement. I know a few shops in my area might.

Posted: Apr 18, 2024 at 11:55 Quote
can't tell if serious...

Posted: Apr 18, 2024 at 17:06 Quote
Can anyone please help me with bottom bracket compatibility for my 2004 Jamis Dakar? The only information I can find is that it's 68x113mm, but I'm unclear whenever I shop around for options... My hope is to upgrade the drivetrain of the bike to something more modern. Many thanks if someone can make it clear for me

Posted: Apr 18, 2024 at 17:23 Quote
twentysixlife wrote:
Can anyone please help me with bottom bracket compatibility for my 2004 Jamis Dakar? The only information I can find is that it's 68x113mm, but I'm unclear whenever I shop around for options... My hope is to upgrade the drivetrain of the bike to something more modern. Many thanks if someone can make it clear for me

You need a threaded BSA bottom bracket. 68 is the spindle width

Posted: Apr 18, 2024 at 17:40 Quote
freestyIAM wrote:
twentysixlife wrote:

So am I understanding correctly that if I'm also looking to upgrade my crankset I can effectively buy any BSA bottom bracket, I don't have to take into consideration the 68mm spec as long as the new spindle matches the new BB?

Posted: Apr 18, 2024 at 18:45 Quote
Nah, the new BB also has to be the correct width for your shell (68 mm). Some BB's come with spacers to do either 68 or 73, but you can't use a 73-only model.

Posted: Apr 18, 2024 at 18:47 Quote
twentysixlife wrote:
freestyIAM wrote:
twentysixlife wrote:

So am I understanding correctly that if I'm also looking to upgrade my crankset I can effectively buy any BSA bottom bracket, I don't have to take into consideration the 68mm spec as long as the new spindle matches the new BB?

If you are getting new cranks you need to determine if those cranks are 2 piece or 3 piece. 2 piece cranks have a spindle attached to the drive side crank. This is probably what you are going to get w new upgraded mtb cranks. 2pc cranks take "external" bb cups like this

After that you have to figure out the spindle diameter, 24 or 30. The ones in the link are for 30mm diameter spindle cranks.

Posted: Apr 18, 2024 at 23:41 Quote
barp wrote:
can't tell if serious...

That's what I thought when I tried to install it on my bike. With a 2.5 tyre on, there is little to no room in the stays. Guess I'm taking it back to the "Wheel Builder".

Posted: Apr 20, 2024 at 1:28 Quote
Non Boost front wheel with center lock.

Has anyone converted the above to Boost (15x110) AND converted the center lock to 6 bolt configuration?

Thanks for any replies.

Mod
Posted: Apr 20, 2024 at 6:30 Quote
Alloypenguin wrote:
Non Boost front wheel with center lock.

Has anyone converted the above to Boost (15x110) AND converted the center lock to 6 bolt configuration?

Thanks for any replies.
I know the DT swiss adapter will not work for this because it works by smooshing the rotor in between a big lockring and a spider.

Posted: Apr 22, 2024 at 6:19 Quote
whats the max tire width for the 2012 rc lyrik 170mm 26''?

Posted: Apr 22, 2024 at 12:50 Quote
Any one have dimensions for oil and dust seals for 2001 marzocci bomber z5? M arch and 30mm stanchions. part number is 850690 but no longer available.

I have 30mm id and 40mm od for the dust and oil, I need the width of the oil seal and any other dimension that I could have missed.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.027719
Mobile Version of Website