2015 Giant Glory 27,5

PB Forum :: Giant
2015 Giant Glory 27,5
Posted: Apr 29, 2021 at 8:27 Quote
burritos wrote:
Thinking about picking up a used Medium 2018 Glory 2 as m first proper DH bike

Anyone know what the stock spring is installed in the Marzocchi 380r that comes with the bike?
The rear spring on the bike is a 350 which I'm going to need to swap for a 450.

Wondering if I need to change the fork spring too? I'm 200 kitted

thanks
should say on giant website archive

Posted: May 3, 2021 at 15:17 Quote
Has anyone here made their glory a mullet? Really thinking about throwing the new Marzocchi (Fox) 58 29 on the front and a new front 29er wheel and see how that works. All my other bikes are 29ers and they seem to work better for me

Posted: May 3, 2021 at 15:23 Quote
Dougdirt wrote:
Has anyone here made their glory a mullet? Really thinking about throwing the new Marzocchi (Fox) 58 29 on the front and a new front 29er wheel and see how that works. All my other bikes are 29ers and they seem to work better for me
I sized it out before and I thought there was room for a 29 in the back of the bike too. Would raise the bb though.

Posted: May 3, 2021 at 16:45 Quote
Dougdirt wrote:
Yup, only have one ride since converting it so no detailed review yet. Initial impressions are good and pretty much what you would expect - slacker head angle and higher bb.

Forgot to measure the bb before, so I'm not sure exactly how much higher the it got, but it's still reasonable now. ~352mm with the crowns down as far as possible.

Feels like it needs more speed than before to "come alive", but my test ride was on mellower terrain so I am reserving judgment until I get it on proper DH trails.

large 2019 Glory 1 in mullet configuration

large 2019 Glory 1 in mullet configuration

Posted: May 4, 2021 at 4:47 Quote
To bad it’s impossible to find wheels and forks right now

Posted: May 4, 2021 at 9:20 Quote
Dougdirt wrote:
To bad it’s impossible to find wheels and forks right now
I was lucky because I already had the 27.5 DVO Onyx DC and all that is required to swap to 29 is new lowers, which were in stock. Had my LBS lace up a new wheel (had to pay through the nose for the rim, they're in short supply and people seem to be jacking prices unfortunately) and I was good to go!

It seems as though there are shortages of everything right now...having trouble finding even simple wear items like an 11-speed Shimano chain. Trying to resist the urge to stock up when I can find consumable parts that I need. Seems like lots of people are doing it, which certainly isn't helping the situation.

Posted: Jul 12, 2021 at 14:03 Quote
I've been looking everywhere but I can't seem to find what shock hardware to get. I have a 2017 glory 2, that I bought used with a vivid air shock mounted. I just got a float x2 to replace the vivid, but the hardware doesn't fit. Does anyone know what hardware to get?

Posted: Aug 19, 2021 at 12:28 Quote
sambuswell wrote:
I've been looking everywhere but I can't seem to find what shock hardware to get. I have a 2017 glory 2, that I bought used with a vivid air shock mounted. I just got a float x2 to replace the vivid, but the hardware doesn't fit. Does anyone know what hardware to get?

if you're talking about the axle that the shock eyelet is supposed to go on, just sand the eyelet down really lightly. i had this problem when swapping to a ccdb air with the lower mount. measured it and it came up at around 0.1 milimeters.use some fine sandpaper and take your time with it

Posted: Sep 20, 2021 at 13:18 Quote
anybody have info on the new Glory frame the world cup racers are riding? I saw it at the Snowshoe race and its clear that both links have been changed. I talked to the mechanics but they said they dont really know exactly what has been changed (the effect), but that the riders are liking it. Sounds like it will be for sale soonish. Wish I took a pic.

Posted: Sep 20, 2021 at 14:06 Quote
CSdirt wrote:
anybody have info on the new Glory frame the world cup racers are riding? I saw it at the Snowshoe race and its clear that both links have been changed. I talked to the mechanics but they said they dont really know exactly what has been changed (the effect), but that the riders are liking it. Sounds like it will be for sale soonish. Wish I took a pic.
I hope so. Hope they make a full 29 and longer. Didn't need to be lower. Also more progressive would be nice.

Posted: Sep 30, 2021 at 2:31 Quote
Anyone interested in a 2015 Giant Glory Advanced 0 Size Medium? I rode it one season and it's been sitting since. Had to stop mtn biking b/c I don't have insurance. (I'm a contractor). Bike is in excellent condition. New maxxis minions, tubeless.

https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/3115427/

Posted: Oct 11, 2021 at 0:08 Quote
Hey guys,
New to the Site and just bought a 2018 Glory 2 .Is it really possible to mount a 29" wheel to the rear with no clearance issues?
Thanks DownhillPat Smile

Posted: Oct 15, 2021 at 5:33 Quote
Downhillpat wrote:
Hey guys,
New to the Site and just bought a 2018 Glory 2 .Is it really possible to mount a 29" wheel to the rear with no clearance issues?
Thanks DownhillPat Smile

Nope, not enough clearance for 29" rear wheels

But, 29" front with single crown fork (55 offset) is perfect...

photo

photo

Posted: Oct 15, 2021 at 12:26 Quote
Hey Guys,
Just bought a 2016 glory frame looking to build up 29er. Quick question the headset is 1 1/8 tempered to 1 1/2 right? Noticed its available in + or - 1.5 degrees. Not sure if that's a good option.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.013100
Mobile Version of Website