Powered by Outside

New Status anyone have one

PB Forum :: Specialized
New Status anyone have one
Posted: May 18, 2023 at 10:43 Quote
waldo-jpg wrote:
while you're finishing the tubeless setup, change the tires for some maxxis, schwalbe, or anything else really. The Buthers are horrible

Butchers are actually a solid tire. Specialized makes some of the best tires out there.

Posted: May 18, 2023 at 11:16 Quote
waldo-jpg wrote:
while you're finishing the tubeless setup, change the tires for some maxxis, schwalbe, or anything else really. The Buthers are horrible

Not sure if you are referring to the previous iteration of the tire, but the current ones are quite solid from what I've read and also been told by some local riders. They are by no means at the maxxis level, but for my mediocre riding it will be more than enough. Previously I rode schwalbe magic marrys in the addix soft compound and the butcher t9s subjectively feel a bit grippier but objectively roll slower.

O+
Posted: May 18, 2023 at 11:51 Quote
The T9 Butchers were about the only thing I really liked about my Status.

Posted: May 19, 2023 at 7:13 Quote
Running Spec Butcher Grid Trail tires and have been rock solid. Also picked up a pair of the newer Butcher T9's for $15 from a Spec shop as they had a 1 day fire sale last year!

Posted: Jun 2, 2023 at 16:31 Quote
I built a 160 and love it. Has to be the best deal in mountain biking right now. Got my frame for a little over 1k.

Posted: Jun 2, 2023 at 17:16 Quote
Yeah the frame is on sale right now. Great deal.

O+
Posted: Jun 26, 2023 at 12:38 Quote
The frameset is now on sale for $850! And that’s the newer version with the Float X. For some reason, the older version costs more.

Posted: Jun 29, 2023 at 17:12 Quote
Could it be what I think it is!?

Posted: Jun 29, 2023 at 17:49 Quote
Dunno what else it could be!

It looks like an aluminium version of the rear end and shock yoke of the new levo sl, with a statusy link and front triangle.

O+
Posted: Jun 29, 2023 at 19:30 Quote
That bend in the down tube in front of the BB is hurting my eyes, as functional as it appears for carrying a bottle.

Posted: Jun 29, 2023 at 21:43 Quote
The shock yoke/linkage looks a lot like the one from the old 6Fattie frames.
photo

Posted: Jun 30, 2023 at 2:49 Quote
Also the upper shock mount is different, and the rear linkage looks like it could fit a 29 wheel easily.

Posted: Jul 7, 2023 at 7:30 Quote
I bought a 140 frame at the beginning of May for $1050.00, but didn't get it until the beginning of June. When I saw the posts about them being on sale for $850 I went right to the Specialized website to look. Well they were on sale for that price. I clicked on the Live Chat and explained that I just bought the frame and gave them my order number. They reimbursed me $200.00!!
Thank you Specialized!!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009793
Mobile Version of Website