Powered by Outside

.NORTHSTAR bike park/ski resort. *specific forum*

PB Forum :: USA - West
.NORTHSTAR bike park/ski resort. *specific forum*
Posted: Jun 6, 2021 at 19:08 Quote
Nobble wrote:
Day passes at Northstar are crazy expensive this season. $78 online for a Saturday? Whistler is $69usd, and Mammoth is $47.

What planet is Northstar management living on where they think their park is worth that much money?

I guess I'll me making the extra drive to check out Mammoth this summer.
I'm down to carpool

Posted: Jun 7, 2021 at 17:40 Quote
For mammoth just plan a 4 day trip and make a long week/weekend out of it. They had a 3 day pass for $99 last summer. There’s awesome lakes and local trails to explore. The village and town are fun. You will not be disappointed. Every feature seemed well thought out and well executed. I can count 10 plus times I was riding northstar and wood was missing or popped up from features! once you ride other bike parks you will realize how shitty northstar really is. And once you get a hang of riding in kitty litter you will be surfing all day.

Posted: Jun 23, 2021 at 9:47 Quote
Nobody's mentioning that they are closed Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesdays.

Same price and less days. I bet Thursdays go away too later in the summer like last year.

Quietly getting less and less and less.

Posted: Jun 23, 2021 at 10:25 Quote
Guermo43 wrote:
Nobody's mentioning that they are closed Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesdays.

Same price and less days. I bet Thursdays go away too later in the summer like last year.

Quietly getting less and less and less.

Pay more for less is the Vail way. The only thing that will change this is if another resort in the Tahoe area opens a bike park with a good trail building crew. I rode snow summit in big bear lake last weekend and I was very impressed with how well the trails were built even tho they have about half as many trails as northstar. Party wave to west ridge blows away livewire.

Posted: Sep 20, 2021 at 10:36 Quote
Heading to N* closing weekend, what should I expect? Is it going to be packed? I assume the trails are going to be in absolute shit condition, but unfortunately it's the only weekend I can go.

Posted: Sep 20, 2021 at 14:37 Quote
borlowski90 wrote:
Heading to N* closing weekend, what should I expect? Is it going to be packed? I assume the trails are going to be in absolute shit condition, but unfortunately it's the only weekend I can go.

Should be pretty chill this last weekend was totally empty not long waits at the lift lines. But he’s always expect Northstar to be absolute shit haha it’s like that as soon as it opens lol!

Have fun!

Posted: Oct 5, 2021 at 11:15 Quote
Lines were insanely long and the runs were pretty shit, but fun time overall still!

Posted: Jun 20, 2022 at 22:26 Quote
When the bike park is closed (weekdays) would anyone stop me from riding my bike up a logging road and riding down some of the lower runs? Staying at Northstar this coming week but saw that lifts are only open on weekends.

O+
Posted: Jun 20, 2022 at 22:45 Quote
bridgermurray wrote:
When the bike park is closed (weekdays) would anyone stop me from riding my bike up a logging road and riding down some of the lower runs? Staying at Northstar this coming week but saw that lifts are only open on weekends.

Not sure if you’re “allowed” to but I used to do this all the time on off days

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010882
Mobile Version of Website