Powered by Outside

2016 Troy -- 160mm

PB Forum :: Devinci
2016 Troy -- 160mm
Posted: Jun 24, 2020 at 4:14 Quote
ShredG wrote:
arweatherby wrote:
Hey. I have a 2016 devinci troy carbon front triangle. I'd like to track down a rear triangle and links to build it up. If anyone has anything out there, or an inside scoop on where I might get these items, let me know! Thanks

have you tried Devinci or one of their distributors...? probably the most promising option esp as they changed the design in 2018. so unless you luck upon some one who trashed their front section and has a rear laying around.......

good luck buddy!

I have a request in with Devinci, hoping for a positive response. Thanks for the reply!

Posted: Jul 16, 2020 at 17:26 Quote
Amy news...? Hope they were able to make you whole as they say ;-)

On another note...

Just hit my 1st bike park on the troy ever....

I recently swapped out the Cdale hollowgram cranks for a set of FSA carbon cranks ..crazily enough,... The 175mm hollowgram crankset is lighter than the 170mm carbon crankset ...(!)

My 1st time back at summit in..jeeses..13years

I'm old.

It was awesome and I need to get fitter dammit.

I've been riding lowlands and basically aggro XC with short hills and trails .... NOTHING . Like a bike park so I'd never even bothered to set up the suspension ...just needed it firm .
spending a little time tweaking the fork mostly but the shock as well made a huge difference from day 1 today 2...

Really happy with the 160mm fork upgrade vs 140...

I love this bike even more can't wait to go back in better shape and much more comfortable on the bike .

O+
Posted: Feb 9, 2021 at 15:03 Quote
Hi, the original monarch rt3 died on my Troy. I'm looking for a replacement, but not sure what to aim for from a tuning perspective. Don't want to spend loads so looking at returns, etc. Have seen a few fox evol shocks for sale in the right length, but not sure what I'm looking for really.

For what it's worth, I'm 68kg. I want the bike to climb fairly well as well as descend (it's an all round trail bike for me)

O+
Posted: Feb 11, 2021 at 17:48 Quote
I had bought a Fox DPX2 Factory and it was so much better than the monarch. Basically transformed the ride for me. The shock has lockout and full tune-ability as well. Highly recommend this setup.

I sold the bike just last October and am awaiting the arrival of my new Troy anyday now.

Posted: Feb 17, 2021 at 19:23 Quote
fortunemunkey wrote:
Hi, the original monarch rt3 died on my Troy. I'm looking for a replacement, but not sure what to aim for from a tuning perspective. Don't want to spend loads so looking at returns, etc. Have seen a few fox evol shocks for sale in the right length, but not sure what I'm looking for really.

For what it's worth, I'm 68kg. I want the bike to climb fairly well as well as descend (it's an all round trail bike for me)

I am not the best reference in shocks tuning but I know that they are tuned. The bike manufacturers usually try and select a tune for their bikes; which is sometime shown on the shock as « M », « L » etc. That is related to the shim stack in the shock itself. I think you should dig for info on this prior to buying any shock for your bike.

Have you checked for rebuilding your RT3?

O+
Posted: Jul 18, 2023 at 21:16 Quote
I wanted to safely check long reach bikes and bought used 2016 Devinci Troy XL with 485 Reach. I'm 182cm (6')
Lucky me - it has 11-6 shox which satisfied me from the day 1.

Problem is however with fork.
It’s 2016 Pike 150mm travel with Charger 1 RCT3 (low speed compression, 3 positions with kinda lockout) + Luftkappe upgrade (air piston with kinda coil-ish idea).

I’m 95kg all geared (210lbs).
Base settings for me is to inflate to 90 psi. If I do that than on flowy trails everything is good.
But on the downhills fork dives deep. And Troy’s 67 head angle turns to XC’s figures.
Today I rode Toothless track (https://www.trailforks.com/trails/toothless/) and on some parts that was scary as hell.

With 90psi if I check “downhill sag” (it’s if I gently press on bars with my weigh, legs in the air) - I would get 40%-50% sag.
So usually I inflate something like 105-110 PSI (Max is 148 psi).

And geometry wise it’s ok on downs, big hits are also pretty much ok.
But If I drop to rocky landings or just charge through rocky\rooty stairish stuff - I will definitely have to wrestle my fork. So it’s far away of being confidence inspiring on rowdy stuff.

I don’t think it’s good solution to spend 300$+ on tuning old Pike.

So now I want some quick solution to solve it for me, as we have not that many time left to ride bikes in Calgary, CA.

I would up my travel to 160mm (now it’s 150mm) and here are some options I can see now.
- Fox 36 Peformance with Grip1
- Marzocchi Z1 Air
- Rockshox Yari/Lyric with Charger 2.1 RC2

I don’t really need coil (they are heavy and I do uphil to earn downhills).
I believe Charger 2.1 would be better options as they can still be tuned + it’s a last chance to rockshox before I switch to Fox Grip2 (may buy it between season).

Would love to check some ideas as I haven’t ridden any of that forks and don’t really want to go though many of them.
I had previous experience on Fox40 Fit4 - and really loved it

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.107473
Mobile Version of Website