Powered by Outside

Underage Drinking

PB Forum :: Off-Topic
Underage Drinking
Posted: Feb 21, 2008 at 20:14 Quote
and they still haven't legalized MJ. im surprised they havent. it has never killed anyone compared to alcohol, it doesnt affect your decision making, and has not been proven to have any negative effects on the body(aside from the smoke)

Posted: Feb 21, 2008 at 21:55 Quote
Its because there has to be a "black" market.... the economy surprisingly thrives on it. That sounds simple but its rather complex.

Posted: Feb 21, 2008 at 22:47 Quote
I am 17 and I have outgrown the "Getting Drunk" phase, personally I never really enjoyed it, but now the social aspect is becomming much more enlightening.

Posted: Feb 22, 2008 at 7:05 Quote
Thanks everyone for the insight, theres a few good points in here that I will use eventually. My parents havent decided to talk to me again yet, but when they do, I can see myself having some valid arguments.

Posted: Feb 22, 2008 at 12:15 Quote
mandude wrote:
and they still haven't legalized MJ. im surprised they havent. it has never killed anyone compared to alcohol, it doesnt affect your decision making, and has not been proven to have any negative effects on the body(aside from the smoke)
It has very different effects on people; all the people who I've known to get high or seen smoking MJ have had really impaired decision making. One friend literally looked psychotic afterwards, didn't really notice things around him, couldn't be bothered to talk. The day after he told me that when someone asked him "Do you want to go home?" when he was out and looked really pale white, he literally didn't really hear the first part of the sentence and heard the word "home" about 4 times. I don't know about you but I'd say that it definitely impairs your decision making.

Posted: Feb 22, 2008 at 12:31 Quote
The first few times I did it it just made me feel retarded and slow. And then as I got more used to it it just made me relaxed and hungry. I quit a while ago, waste of money, drinking is so much better haha.

Posted: Feb 22, 2008 at 14:43 Quote
gabor wrote:
mandude wrote:
It has very different effects on people; all the people who I've known to get high or seen smoking MJ have had really impaired decision making. One friend literally looked psychotic afterwards, didn't really notice things around him, couldn't be bothered to talk. The day after he told me that when someone asked him "Do you want to go home?" when he was out and looked really pale white, he literally didn't really hear the first part of the sentence and heard the word "home" about 4 times. I don't know about you but I'd say that it definitely impairs your decision making.

Thats not a decision...

Posted: Feb 22, 2008 at 18:03 Quote
It affects your motor skillz, not decision making.

Posted: Feb 22, 2008 at 18:48 Quote
most of the people I chill with when stoned are just giggly and retarded, doesn't do much in the means of decision making or motor skills. Guess it depends on how long you've been doing it.

Posted: Feb 23, 2008 at 5:00 Quote
int3nse wrote:
gabor wrote:
mandude wrote:

Thats not a decision...
Err, yes it was, it affected a lot of things including his ability to make a decision; he looked completely out of it and he had to have about 3 of us tell him "Yes, it's a good idea, go home." He stared at us for a minute and was like "Ok..." I don't know about you but I would not like to see someone driving or at work or whatever baked, that's just dangerous.

I guess it differs from person to person, but that's my experience when it comes to baked friends.

Posted: Feb 25, 2008 at 11:43 Quote
I dont really enjoy being high, Ive done it, but it just isnt for me. Ive seen smoking destroy many kid's lives, and I just am not interested in it.

Drinking has a much larger social aspect with my friends. Most people dont go get high in a large group, and if they do, it is for the point of altering how you feel instead of hanging out with friends.

Posted: Feb 25, 2008 at 11:45 Quote
marijuana effects every person in a different way(I learned this in chemistry).
in marijuana there is a sort of chemicha called THC, wich effects every ones brain completley diffrentley. for one person it doesn't do almost anything, for one person it sharpens there senses and motor skills but for a third person a dose of 1 miligram of THC is enough to make him mad and send him to the sanitarium.

Posted: Feb 25, 2008 at 19:44 Quote
Termenaitor wrote:
marijuana effects every person in a different way(I learned this in chemistry).
in marijuana there is a sort of chemicha called THC, wich effects every ones brain completley diffrentley. for one person it doesn't do almost anything, for one person it sharpens there senses and motor skills but for a third person a dose of 1 miligram of THC is enough to make him mad and send him to the sanitarium.

I am also pretty sure that THC in most cases makes the brain fire less nuerons(sp?) and therefore, less of the message is recieved by the receptors in the nerve endings. This would cause slower reflexes, and it would alter how quickly you would be able to make a decision. In an emergency situation such as driving, you would respond to situations similar to a drunk driver would.

~Mark

Posted: Feb 26, 2008 at 18:27 Quote
drinking wiht freinds is all fun and stuff and it brings people togehter you just have to know you limit.Smoking weed isnt all great as people think it is. Its still fun thoguh just to chill.

O+
Posted: Feb 26, 2008 at 21:07 Quote
I do agree that weed does slow your reflex's and calm you but I don't agree that it alters your judgement. When your high you can still think rationally and sensibly.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.025651
Mobile Version of Website