Powered by Outside

Why is everybody asking so much for there bikes?

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Why is everybody asking so much for there bikes?
Posted: Apr 7, 2019 at 23:12 Quote
Gmoneyog1 wrote:
a-prince wrote:
Gmoneyog1 wrote:
Im currently trying to get 3400 for my intense. Only 50 frames made for the whole world and I recently dumped thousands of dollars into upgrades. Bike was originally 5999, only thing i downgraded i guess was with the 2019 marzhocchi bomber z1 i put on last night and the gx cassette. Upgraded the dropper, cockpit, brakes (yes i thinl slx brakes are better than guides), grips, saddle, tires, hub (54 tooth ratchet upgrade) and other things.I havent gotten a message about it since October. Then i go on buy a couple of weeks ago and see that someone sold their large lower end (lower end specs and carbon frame) Intense tracer for 3500 (or so i think unless they took a lowball). It was the model with the lyric RC, retails for 4400 and probably had a good 700 miles on it. That just kinda ticked me off because well im sure if you posted your bike for say 3300 with nice components and cant sell it but someone with a lower end bike, same model as yours posts it for more and sells it within a month youd be dissapointed as well.

You need better pictures of your bike in your ad. Pics are everything. Take more pics in good light without a distracting background.

Ive gone through 5 different sets of pictures for every part ive added on the bike. Even when i had crystal clear pictures in perfect lighting i didnt even get a single message. I will update the current pictures when i have time, i just dont think people really like intense.

No, it's that with that colorway, your gonna have to find the Right buyer, looks can make or break a deal. Be patient. I've had a few items for sale for over 6 months, and yes they are priced right..

Posted: Apr 8, 2019 at 2:58 Quote
I wasnt able to sell my Knolly Delirium frame (only 1 Paint sratch otherwise like new condition) - only offer Ive got was about 900€ (retail is about 2500-2800€) mine is without a shock so lets say 2200-2000...I thought that 1500-1600 was reasonable.

Also my Push 11-6 (costs 1350€ Here now)- Im constantly getting offers for 650€ with the arguing that making the shock compatible for anothter Bike costs so much (yeah thats totally my Problem as a seller)

And on the other hand Fox Float X2 get Sold for 400-500€ used... And they retail for 600-800€.

Selling used parts/ Bikes is frustrating.

Posted: Apr 8, 2019 at 6:15 Quote
I just got a new bike and went with the NX build because there are such good deals on take off drive trains. It looks like for $1000 you can get some awesome brakes and the drive train you want. Pink bike is the best way to buy parts if can't afford new ones.
You just have to do some research to make sure everything is compatible.

Posted: Apr 8, 2019 at 8:15 Quote
NotNamed wrote:
I wasnt able to sell my Knolly Delirium frame (only 1 Paint sratch otherwise like new condition) - only offer Ive got was about 900€ (retail is about 2500-2800€) mine is without a shock so lets say 2200-2000...I thought that 1500-1600 was reasonable.

Also my Push 11-6 (costs 1350€ Here now)- Im constantly getting offers for 650€ with the arguing that making the shock compatible for anothter Bike costs so much (yeah thats totally my Problem as a seller)

And on the other hand Fox Float X2 get Sold for 400-500€ used... And they retail for 600-800€.

900€ isn't so bad for the Delirium Frame considering that it has no shock and warranty. Here in the US, the frame is on sale for ~$1300 (USD) with a shock and warranty.

But I agree - selling can sometime be frustrating due to re-sale value of some products. Sometime you gotta ride it out longer (but keep it in great shape) so you don't feel so bad on losing $$$ when it is time to sell.

Posted: Apr 8, 2019 at 9:44 Quote
Notbn wrote:
A lot of people just don't take the time to make an offer. I'm currently trying to sell a 2018 frame for well under the price of a new one, and I understand that the warranty no longer applies and that it's used, but all I've had is watchlist dwellers that don't bother to even make an offer.

Oh well.
If I'm watching something it's something I'm considering and either waiting on cash or comparing prices and reviews so I can get the very most for every one of my hard earned dollars.

I will sometimes offer to set up a payment plan via PayPal if I really want something and don't have all the cash. All you have to do is create an invoice via PayPal and check the little box that allows payments less then total price. PayPal will then keep track of payments and protect both parties from being scammed.

I was able to buy via payments on pb buy/sell my Chris King wheelset mrp fork and intense frame.

Its how I got a Dentist bike on a cooks salary.

Posted: Apr 8, 2019 at 10:49 Quote
sdken wrote:
NotNamed wrote:

900€ isn't so bad for the Delirium Frame considering that it has no shock and warranty. Here in the US, the frame is on sale for ~$1300 (USD) with a shock and warranty.

But I agree - selling can sometime be frustrating due to re-sale value of some products. Sometime you gotta ride it out longer (but keep it in great shape) so you don't feel so bad on losing $$$ when it is time to sell.

I dont think 900€ is good at all- Banshee Runes sell for that price (and they have about a grand less MSRP)...and they are Most often in worse shape.

Well Just gonna ride it till its dead or I find someone who wants to switch their M for a L (wanted to get a Medium)

Posted: Apr 8, 2019 at 11:16 Quote
Hammer48 wrote:
Gmoneyog1 wrote:
a-prince wrote:

You need better pictures of your bike in your ad. Pics are everything. Take more pics in good light without a distracting background.

Ive gone through 5 different sets of pictures for every part ive added on the bike. Even when i had crystal clear pictures in perfect lighting i didnt even get a single message. I will update the current pictures when i have time, i just dont think people really like intense.

No, it's that with that colorway, your gonna have to find the Right buyer, looks can make or break a deal. Be patient. I've had a few items for sale for over 6 months, and yes they are priced right..

I was hoping it would be easier to sell because ite a special edition, that proved to be untrue.

Posted: Apr 8, 2019 at 11:59 Quote
Gmoneyog1 wrote:
Hammer48 wrote:
Gmoneyog1 wrote:

I was hoping it would be easier to sell because ite a special edition, that proved to be untrue.

One of your issues is there a some baddass deals on intense bikes in the buy/sell.

That blue/silver recluse with Cane Creek coil front and rear for 3200 is f*ckin dope. I know it's been barely ridden because I followed the dudes build.

There is a recluse orange/pink like mine complete bike selling for like $1440.
There is a spider frame selling $900 for black red carbon sl.

You get the idea also I don't really care for the Rasta colorway. If it was a dvo or bandit edition you'd have better luck.

I have pretty trick recluse sitting on coil f/r so I know what that bike is capable of.

Posted: Apr 8, 2019 at 12:01 Quote
reverend27 wrote:
Gmoneyog1 wrote:
Hammer48 wrote:

One of your issues is there a some baddass deals on intense bikes in the buy/sell.

That blue/silver recluse with Cane Creek coil front and rear for 3200 is f*ckin dope. I know it's been barely ridden because I followed the dudes build.

There is a recluse orange/pink like mine complete bike selling for like $1440.
There is a spider frame selling $900 for black red carbon sl.

You get the idea also I don't really care for the Rasta colorway. If it was a dvo or bandit edition you'd have better luck.

I have pretty trick recluse sitting on coil f/r so I know what that bike is capable of.

I have mine listed for 3200$, although the color is bad there are only 50 made in the whole world, 15 in the US. There arent that many great deals on tracers, recluses and spiders are everywhere which explains the great deals. I almost got the cane creek recluse earlier this year but the geo is kinda outdated for a 2018 bike and it is much too related to the tracer.

Posted: Apr 8, 2019 at 12:23 Quote
I have mine slacked with an offset bushing and 1.5- angleset 165mm Mrp coil fork.
The reach is a bit shorter then some but I'm running a 55mm stem could run 60mm and be fine.

I took it out on my favorite trail first time P/R even though I crashed and stopped to session a couple climbs.

Dog will hunt I promise you.

Anyway good luck with your sale I hope you find your perfect bike and shred on it.

Posted: Apr 8, 2019 at 12:30 Quote
reverend27 wrote:
I don't get outdated on the Geo.
I have mine slacked with an offset bushing and 1.5- angleset 165mm Mrp coil fork.
The reach is a bit shorter then some but I'm running a 55mm stem could run 60mm and be fine.

I took it out on my favorite trail first time P/R even though I crashed and stopped to session a couple climbs.

Dog will hunt I promise you.

Anyway good luck with your sale I hope you find your perfect bike and shred on it.

A stock 2017 recluse has a 66° headtube angle and a 72° seattube angle (from geometry geeks). The seattube is much longer than most average bikes making while having a reach on the shorter side. Add 2 and 2 together and that makes bike fitting extremely difficult. Fixing these issues will cost money, for people looking for a stock bike that cant afford a 100$ headset its a poor option compared to other bikes.

I hope i sell it too, already have my eyes on my dream bike, hopefully it doesnt sell.

FL
Posted: Apr 9, 2019 at 2:13 Quote
an interesting read.

whenever I sell a bike, I always strip it and throw everything on ebay for 0.99p start and I get what I get for things.

Whilst I would like maximum money back, I see it as I have had my enjoyment/use out of the parts, so I am happy to move them on for whatever. As they are worth more on ebay than sitting in my garage.

Plus I have never purchased anything bike related with future value in mind.

Over the years I have built frames up at times and purchased completes at other times. I think my next build will be a frame and I will use existing parts from my current bike... assuming they fit!

What are peoples take on bikes that have been ridden 'once' or are very new and barely used? I have no reasoning why, but always feel more sceptical?!

Posted: Apr 9, 2019 at 2:28 Quote
v7fmp wrote:
throw everything on ebay for 0.99p start and I get what I get for things.

That's what I do. An item is worth as much as a buyer is willing to pay for it - no more, no less. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. No point in having anything sitting in the shed depreciating.

I normally do very well out of it.

Posted: Apr 9, 2019 at 7:55 Quote
Spring is for sellers, winter is for buyers.

Posted: Apr 9, 2019 at 11:03 Quote
I had a new idea, I'll just put in the description I have for the ad but i wanted to try something different whether it works or not.

So after many months of not selling my bike I wanted to try a different concept. A sort of bid. You send me a reasonable price and i will change the listing price with the offer you give me, if i find the offer good enough i will sell it. If you want this bike and see that the price has been raised you will have to raise the current price by a reasonable amount for me to consider selling it.

Please PM me for specs

If you offer me a trade I will put the bike offered in the title. If someone else offers me a bike i will put the preferred bike in the title.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.015768
Mobile Version of Website