Commencal Absolute, what gives?

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Commencal Absolute, what gives?
Posted: Feb 10, 2021 at 12:20 Quote
I assume the RS stands for Rockshox since that build comes with the Pike.

FL
Posted: Feb 10, 2021 at 12:32 Quote
croolis wrote:
Finished upgrading mine and its now at 9.7kg. That's with carbon crank, plastic pedals, light weight chain, tubeless tyres, deity highside bars, XTR 2 pot brake with 140mm rotor, titanium bolts and cutting down bars/seat post.
What crank and chain did you use?

Posted: Feb 10, 2021 at 15:01 Quote
decaz wrote:
What crank and chain did you use?

RaceFace SixC Cinch and KMC K1SL

O+
Posted: Mar 6, 2021 at 18:59 Quote
The K1SL is a good option indeed.

I’m constantly having issues with pedals on mine.

Installed a set of old Race Face Aeffect from other bike and right pedal destroyed the crank thread.

Now I put on a set of brand new Truativ Descendant and same problem but on the left. I have to be constantly checking if pedals are tighten.

The bike is great but this is a bit annoying.

I’ll be moving from the Spank 33 wheels too. Driver system and thick BMX chain is a no go for me

Posted: Apr 27, 2021 at 6:20 Quote
Anyone with a Absolute in Large or Medium frame able to do me a favour and measure from the bottom bracket to where the handlebars would cross the stem (RAD if you follow Lee likes bikes videos). Like in this video at the 7 minute mark - https://youtu.be/rHagRovHSYs

Posted: Apr 27, 2021 at 7:24 Quote
My 2021 Large looks like 78.5cm

Posted: Apr 27, 2021 at 7:38 Quote
dndhm wrote:
My 2021 Large looks like 78.5cm

Thanks

O+
Posted: Jun 21, 2021 at 10:39 Quote
Hey guys,
I just build a 2021 commencal absolut. My rear wheel is not center in the frame, the rear wheel dish is perfect. Anyone got same issue? Cheers

Posted: Jul 9, 2021 at 4:28 Quote
spitch wrote:
Just installed some Zee cranks on my 2021 absolut with 30t chain ring.
To maintain a good ratio,I need to change the 11t NOVATEC rear sproket to a 13 one. I didn't find any way to dismount this sproket so I tried to found a new novatec free hub body with a 13 sproket but without sucess. Eek

photo

Did you resolve this?Also want a larger sprocket.

O+
Posted: Jul 9, 2021 at 7:38 Quote
That sprocket/freehub body is definitely one piece. Novatech can be difficult to contact, but you will need them to get you a new 13 tooth freehub driver.

Posted: Jul 18, 2021 at 9:38 Quote
Are the wheels tubeless ready?

Posted: Jul 22, 2021 at 2:43 Quote
Juan007 wrote:

Yes, I have mine setup tubeless on the standard wheels and tires.

O+
Posted: Jul 22, 2021 at 18:10 Quote
Juan007 wrote:

Just out for curiosity, why would you use tubeless in a dirt jump bike?

FL
Posted: Aug 8, 2021 at 12:59 Quote
I have the 2020 Absolut. Great feel on the bike, but I have experienced slight creaks in the headset. Apparently there’s nothing you can do to prevent it. It’s just that the Manitou Expert and headset on the Absolut don’t work well together. Don’t know why Commencal would make that combination if it’s so fluky. Never had any problems with the spokes, however a ton of issues with the cranks. I was riding to my local dirt jumps one day and hadn’t noticed the cranks were loose, but eventually the bolt came so loose it striped the spindle. Had to get a new spindle, which wasn’t expensive but definitely a pain. For about a month before and after that I would have to tighten the bolt with insane torque, and would have to keep a multitool in my pocket at all times just in case it came loose during a session. Now, for some reason, I’ve only had to re tighten it about every 3 rides, but it’s still annoying. Once I have a little more money I’ll definitely be buying better cranks and maybe even change the whole BB to a two piece crank system instead of the 3 piece that’s on it now.

Posted: Aug 8, 2021 at 13:59 Quote
The acros headsets are absolutely garbage, I don’t know why they spec their bikes so high yet still use this trash. Haven’t had an issue with my cranks yet, but they are also junk

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.024350
Mobile Version of Website