What's your worst bike crash?

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
What's your worst bike crash?
Posted: Dec 13, 2008 at 13:26 Quote
oh once i was going to fast and had to veer off into some tall grass.. little did i konw there were brick sized rocks everywhere.. over the bars at about 25kph into rocks.. lost 95% of my range of motion in my left arm.. bent my fork and went through a lot of pain.

Posted: Dec 13, 2008 at 13:33 Quote
Over the back on a 20 foot gap, tore my ass crack on the landing and dented my frame when it hit a tree

Posted: Dec 13, 2008 at 14:08 Quote
Views: 19,048    Faves: 115    Comments: 51

rear wheel cased a 25 ' out 18-20 foot down roadgap by about 8" short.

The RESULTS, Brocken FEmur, Hairline fracture of the Hip on same ( right ) side, fracture of the Scapoid ( left shoulder blade ) bruised cartillage and Left kidney, possible brocken Ribs on left side ( too much pain to go on flat board by this point .

The biggest Deal is the Brocken Femur, week 5 and continuing to heal..

photo

photo

here's a shot of a buddy making the same gap..

photo

photo

Beer

Posted: Dec 14, 2008 at 2:09 Quote
I broke my knee while wheelying... there was some Mineral Oil on the Disk. I tried to use the brake but ther was no chance to not fall over. I Used my legs to push me back on the bike and then I used the front brake.. that worked so i felt over the bar and landed on my knee.... it was in May and i wasn´t able to ride my bike for the whole summer...

Posted: Jan 31, 2009 at 1:38 Quote
the 2nd worse one for me is when i bailed from the road gap and tore a ligament... its a step down so it was a fair fall.... BUT i have cleared it now BTW..
photo

andthen!! the stack at Tolosa... this one... hurt...
Views: 4,332    Faves: 12    Comments: 18

Posted: Jan 31, 2009 at 17:40 Quote
dmadness wrote:
Views: 19,048    Faves: 115    Comments: 51

rear wheel cased a 25 ' out 18-20 foot down roadgap by about 8" short.

The RESULTS, Brocken FEmur, Hairline fracture of the Hip on same ( right ) side, fracture of the Scapoid ( left shoulder blade ) bruised cartillage and Left kidney, possible brocken Ribs on left side ( too much pain to go on flat board by this point .

The biggest Deal is the Brocken Femur, week 5 and continuing to heal..

photo

photo

here's a shot of a buddy making the same gap..

photo

photo

Beer

Rough man, are those shots of your buddy taking the gap after you had crashed or before?

Posted: Feb 3, 2009 at 23:12 Quote
A few day's before.... I'm on recovery now in my 9th or 10th week.. I'll post some pic's of my "new" leg whenever Pb get's this rubbish with the photo uploader settled..

yeah My buddy CLEANED it.. about 7-8 times that day.. I was not so lucky.

Posted: Feb 4, 2009 at 0:20 Quote
worst bike crash i saw was a buddy of mine a few years ago went over the bars in a rock garden and took his stem in the nuts so hard he tore his scrot! needed stitches an everything. utterly hilarious! lol

Posted: Feb 17, 2009 at 16:30 Quote
I hate going over the handlebars. I did it my second time I went to Canada Olympic Park. I was going down Laserfade for the first time and I was going for the second last table right before the end and I ended up going over it nose heavy and I just flipped. I went face first into the ground (luckily I was wearing my full face) and slid on my right side for about 7 or 8 feet. Earlier that day I had cased at the top of Safari and I fell and cut open my arm. I ended up sliding on that same cut when I went over the bars on laserfade. I cut up my arm again and reopened the wound, then I tore up my other arm and I was shaking for about two or three minutes afterwars. I hit so hard it ended up losening my seat completely and I had to go retighten it once I finished riding down. It sucked cause I had dirt inside both cuts and it hurt a lot. The good thing that came out of it was my parents finally caved and bought me elbow pads from 661! Big Grin

Posted: Aug 17, 2009 at 10:43 Quote
lexx wrote:
kyleandres wrote:
liquidxerox wrote:

they let u on a plane with a broken arm? Eek

why wouldnt they

i'm not sure. just seems a bit weird?

i sure hope they do cause i just broke my wrist in two places and bith mostway through my lip while downhilling in italy. pinned a corner right into a rock garden. and now i have to suffer a ten hour flight back to toronto to get surgey the day after i get there
photo

oh and last year i tried a 16 ft gap cased and slid down the landing on my elbows

Posted: Aug 17, 2009 at 11:13 Quote
I was bombing down a red-route and went in to a berm to quick and flew of the top of it and down a hill!!!!!!! I broke 2 ribs and my wrist, I had to finish the rest of the route and it wrecked!

Posted: Aug 18, 2009 at 17:51 Quote
Yar.. here is My "New" femur... Updated photo's..
\
photo

photo

photo

Riding full tilt again... Almost, It will take a bit to get used to Bigger jumps again... Drop's however seem Easyer somehow.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.478177
Mobile Version of Website