Powered by Outside

BACKFLIP TIPS update: link to my backflip attempts!

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
BACKFLIP TIPS update: link to my backflip attempts!
Posted: Oct 22, 2007 at 5:23 Quote
Hahah so many people say use foam pits, ive never ridin them so i can bad talk them but i do know that dock jumps work. if u can get a jump near some water try back flipping into the water or you can just do it on dirt. the worst thing that could happen is u fall on ur head or your back. Oops it might hurt it might not. i watched a guy try it 3 times in a row and he landed the first timeo n his wheels the other 2 he landed on his head. he got up and walked away. didnt wear a helmet or anything. just keep practising. you will get them

Posted: Oct 22, 2007 at 9:49 Quote
howiehucker wrote:
alright mate if there not that good then y are back flips the key trik to event like king of dirt
hip hop
enen stil in mx like x-games
post a video of u doin the backflip the or these dumped 360's
lets c ur 4 real

Slow down. There is no hurry here. You can type out the words so we actually understand what you are saying.

Posted: Feb 27, 2008 at 18:32 Quote
im thinking about attempting a backflip into snow, i got a some what idea how to flip but not a 100%, if anyone has any advice that would be great

Posted: Feb 27, 2008 at 18:52 Quote
Dude, my friend was doin backflips on a mini bike
so go for it

Posted: May 9, 2009 at 7:52 Quote
The most important tip I can give you is it's all in your head. Both mentally and physically. Mentally you must commit to it fully. I always recommend you just shut your brain off and go for it. Physically you head controls your rotation. Where ever your head goes your body will follow. It must remain looking back and completely still. If you try to look for the landing by turning your head, you will twist and not stay straight. If you stop looking back and move your chin towards your chest, your rotation will completely stop. Keep looking back until you see the landing.
Here is a quick shot of me and my son.
photo

Posted: May 9, 2009 at 8:02 Quote
mabe get an elite brace or what ever its called for neck protection

Posted: May 9, 2009 at 8:37 Quote
dont try to spot the landing so soon

Posted: Jun 4, 2009 at 16:48 Quote
im also thinking about trying flips but the only thing im afraid of is not getting far enough away from the lip. im mean if you pump in your legs at takeoff it should give your more rotation but you wont go so far away from the lip. is that right?

FL
Posted: Jun 4, 2009 at 17:01 Quote
i can only do it in foam so far, but u want to keep stiff and pull back with ur arms and head when ur front wheel leaves the lip
Views: 577    Faves: 0    Comments: 2

if that helps slow mo it, i went a bit sideways at the end. but it should help

Posted: Jun 4, 2009 at 17:12 Quote
ok so i shouldnt pump in my legs when im leaving the lip?
( i cant wait to try riding in the airdome! going to whistler nest year Big Grin )

Posted: Jun 6, 2009 at 19:08 Quote
konastuff06rider wrote:
i can only do it in foam so far, but u want to keep stiff and pull back with ur arms and head when ur front wheel leaves the lip

yah i wouldnt recomend staying stiff

FL
Posted: Jun 6, 2009 at 21:56 Quote
jamisbowtech wrote:
konastuff06rider wrote:

what i mean by stiff is like dont bend ur back and like hump the bars. but yea sorry for being unspecific:S

Posted: Jun 6, 2009 at 22:19 Quote
konastuff06rider wrote:
jamisbowtech wrote:
konastuff06rider wrote:

what i mean by stiff is like dont bend ur back and like hump the bars. but yea sorry for being unspecific:S
dont hump the bars but there is nothing wrong with bending ur back to adjust in the air if you need to

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.021952
Mobile Version of Website