Dear Pinkbike, I want a road bike but I know nothing about them.

PB Forum :: 29ers
Dear Pinkbike, I want a road bike but I know nothing about them.
Posted: Jul 8, 2009 at 13:49 Quote
I agree 100%

I even have some sort of super fancy Craft short that was given to me by the rep, I just don't like them as much. My RS's have endured a lot of miles, crashes, whatever. I wear them for MTB and for Road, and love them. I am a big fan.

Posted: Jul 8, 2009 at 17:32 Quote
A quick google search and I found them anywhere from 75 bucks and up.
Buuut I need a bike before I need shorts haha.

Thanks for the recommendation.
Ill be sure to get some when I get my kit together.

Posted: Jul 28, 2009 at 23:22 Quote
I might suggest a surly cross check or long haul trucker. the cross check i believe is a little more sporty or agile at least than the LHT which is a touring bike. it's not quite a racing bike and certainly wouldnt be found on the tour, but they bikes are very well made and are spec'd very nicely. also, it's steel and therefor a little easier on your knees. Also, i think they cost about a grand, which isn't much more than the specialized for what is not only a little more unique but a more personal company. just my 2 cents... also! made in america!

Posted: Jul 28, 2009 at 23:59 Quote
If money isnt a problem i'd go for a Litespeed Ti/Carbonfiber fork mixture, very stiff light but still flexs so it will not be as harsh of a ride.

Posted: Jul 29, 2009 at 0:07 Quote
londonbroil wrote:
I might suggest a surly cross check or long haul trucker. the cross check i believe is a little more sporty or agile at least than the LHT which is a touring bike. it's not quite a racing bike and certainly wouldnt be found on the tour, but they bikes are very well made and are spec'd very nicely. also, it's steel and therefor a little easier on your knees. Also, i think they cost about a grand, which isn't much more than the specialized for what is not only a little more unique but a more personal company. just my 2 cents... also! made in america!

I agree. Go steel! Surly makes great stuff unfortunately it's all made in Taiwan.

Posted: Jul 29, 2009 at 2:50 Quote
singlespeedtoday wrote:
londonbroil wrote:

I agree. Go steel! Surly makes great stuff unfortunately it's all made in Taiwan.

And the problem with that is????

Posted: Jul 29, 2009 at 2:54 Quote
theres NO problem with taiwan made bikes
thats where most come from
specilized, giant, commencals etc
they have quality workers

Posted: Aug 14, 2009 at 14:06 Quote
just ask this guy if you know nothing about road bikes .... lol
Views: 85,435    Faves: 2,271    Comments: 353

Posted: Aug 17, 2009 at 11:56 Quote
ok, that video is the funniest!!!!!

Posted: Aug 17, 2009 at 12:36 Quote
Look into Specialized or Trek's road bikes. Decent weight, good components and if your in the $1000 range, look at the Allez and Allez Sport by Spec and the 1.5t and 2.1c from Trek. Road bikes are great, ignore all the bull from them. I would love to own a Madone 5.2 or a Tarmac Expert.

Posted: Aug 18, 2009 at 20:55 Quote
hey i have a quick question, im wanting a cheap road bike just to ride to the gym, is this worth 40$, thanks
http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/van/bik/1329922089.html

O+
Posted: Aug 18, 2009 at 21:07 Quote
toontownrider wrote:
bonfire wrote:
For shorts, like I said earlier, I stand by the Sugoi RS short. That thing is unbelievably comfortable.

Unless you're going to pay out the ass for crazy european shorts like biemme or craft, you need to get the RS shorts. Bike shorts are not one place to skimp out on. Although the $50 Neo Pro shorts seem like they will work fine, the RS shorts, even at $150 will blow you away. No where on your bike will you be able to spend $100 and get as much of an upgrade.

yeah my dads works for sugoi, i ride the rs shorts too.
if you don't really go over 30k in a ride, then it wont matter as much. But if you usually go about 100 or over like me your gonna wanna buck up and buy nice shorts.
BTW sugoi has an even nicer short next year called the RSE

Posted: Aug 19, 2009 at 9:14 Quote
dirtjumper183 wrote:
hey i have a quick question, im wanting a cheap road bike just to ride to the gym, is this worth 40$, thanks
http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/van/bik/1329922089.html

HArd to lose for $40. You'd like spend another $150-200 to get it tuned up and stuff at the shop. I'd say likely money well spent. If' it's just one spoke, You're probably looking at 20-30$ to get that fixed, but there may be more once they get it up on the bench. Not that it's much more for extra spokes.

Posted: Aug 23, 2009 at 17:27 Quote
Shazam!
photo

"Project Freebee." Some dude gave me his old Peugeot the other day. It needs some work as you can see, but on the whole its in good shape. Today I found my Dad's old Mavic wheelset and slapped it, and some new bar tape on there. Cost so far: $19.48

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.025753
Mobile Version of Website