Powered by Outside

what to do during the winter

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
what to do during the winter
Posted: Dec 5, 2010 at 10:38 Quote
hampsteadbandit wrote:
we have deep snow and I've been out riding as much as possible - including ride home (25 miles) from work in the snow as the trains stopped running!
25 mile trip no trains? i call snow day !

Posted: Dec 5, 2010 at 11:08 Quote
unfortunately, I still have to try and get to work whatever the weather (run a small business)

sometimes I can take the train 1/2 way and ride the rest of the way, but in the evening the trains have failed so I just ride home...

Posted: Dec 5, 2010 at 11:15 Quote
ooh that really sucks man

Posted: Dec 5, 2010 at 11:38 Quote
its actually great fun knowing you can go about your business whatever the weather because you have a mountain bike!

on Thursday evening the train took 2 hours to go 3 stops from Surbiton to Clapham Junction (London) and then would not go any further because they could not get the empty trains out of London Waterloo train station, to get the trains waiting at Clapham into Waterloo

passengers were seriously p*ssed, we had sat there 45 minutes waiting to be told nothing was moving

I just put my helmet, goggles and gloves on, and rode home (about 10 miles) in a blizzard, took me just over 1 hour and I got home having had a wicked snow ride through Central London whilst those poor passengers sat at Clapham on their train, going no where...I read about their "journey" in the newspapers the following day!

Posted: Dec 5, 2010 at 12:14 Quote
hardtaildh08 wrote:
everyoes seen the snow bike woopdy doo im working to pay for 2 weeks in france next year
ross if you had looked to the previous comments you would see we were talking about how the trucks work to hold the ski so i posted a pic to show.....Facepalm

Posted: Dec 5, 2010 at 12:15 Quote
hampsteadbandit wrote:
its actually great fun knowing you can go about your business whatever the weather because you have a mountain bike!

on Thursday evening the train took 2 hours to go 3 stops from Surbiton to Clapham Junction (London) and then would not go any further because they could not get the empty trains out of London Waterloo train station, to get the trains waiting at Clapham into Waterloo

passengers were seriously p*ssed, we had sat there 45 minutes waiting to be told nothing was moving

I just put my helmet, goggles and gloves on, and rode home (about 10 miles) in a blizzard, took me just over 1 hour and I got home having had a wicked snow ride through Central London whilst those poor passengers sat at Clapham on their train, going no where...I read about their "journey" in the newspapers the following day!

Rode from kilburn to peckham the other night, brakeless, in snow, at midnight with no lights.

it.was.undelightful

Posted: Dec 5, 2010 at 12:16 Quote
Ro55 wrote:
hardtaildh08 wrote:
everyoes seen the snow bike woopdy doo im working to pay for 2 weeks in france next year
ross if you had looked to the previous comments you would see we were talking about how the trucks work to hold the ski so i posted a pic to show.....Facepalm

but i wasnt so who gives a crap

Posted: Dec 5, 2010 at 12:33 Quote
hardtaildh08 wrote:
Ro55 wrote:
hardtaildh08 wrote:

ross, just shut up.....

Posted: Dec 5, 2010 at 14:09 Quote
hardtaildh08 wrote:

Wow, you really are an a*shole, you know that?

Posted: Dec 5, 2010 at 14:14 Quote
JokerMachine wrote:
hardtaildh08 wrote:

Wow, you really are an a*shole, you know that?

not particlarly i was stating that i hadnt joined the thread back then and that nobody really cares about that fact

your an a*shole for calling me an a*shole though if you think of it......

Posted: Dec 5, 2010 at 14:22 Quote
I ride indoor skateparks and snowboard in the winter.

Posted: Dec 5, 2010 at 14:34 Quote
hardtaildh08 wrote:
not particlarly i was stating that i hadnt joined the thread back then and that nobody really cares about that fact

your an a*shole for calling me an a*shole though if you think of it......

You could be stating you enjoy eating pie, for all I care. You came off as an a*shole, and I called you on it.

Posted: Dec 5, 2010 at 15:15 Quote
bikeaddict123 wrote:
bash the bishop?
lol

Posted: Dec 5, 2010 at 16:51 Quote
Please quit the flaming/bitching if your outside of canada.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012373
Mobile Version of Website