Pinkbike will be undergoing scheduled maintenance on May 29 at 9pm PST for up to 6 hours. We apologize for any inconvenience caused during this time.
Powered by Outside

Vancouver Island Group

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Vancouver Island Group
O+
Posted: Apr 28, 2023 at 17:34 Quote
Benson and dumont in Nanaimo are fun and easy.

Posted: Apr 29, 2023 at 9:15 Quote
There's also nanaimo. Lots of great flow at Doumont!

Posted: May 9, 2023 at 18:39 Quote
Does anyone know if anyone organizes group rides for the Cook Creek area? I noticed ArrowSmith bikes organizes rides but they all appear to be at Hammerfest.

Thanks

Posted: May 9, 2023 at 18:43 Quote
Anyone know of mtb bike groups that ride Cook Creek? I see ArrowSmith bikes runs group rides at Hammerfest, but no mention of Cook Creek.

Thanks

O+
Posted: May 9, 2023 at 19:01 Quote
Randomgoodness wrote:
Anyone know of mtb bike groups that ride Cook Creek? I see ArrowSmith bikes runs group rides at Hammerfest, but no mention of Cook Creek.

Thanks
The place always been suppose to be kept on the down low so I dont thing any shop wants to brings groups there. Just go alone or with friends and please keep it that way.

O+
Posted: Jan 13, 2024 at 14:16 Quote
Hey Guys!

Bringing this group back for 2024!

Who's riding regular bikes?

Who's Riding e bikes?

Have you serviced your fork and shock ? Did you know we have an in house Suspension Service Center?

What do you think about all the world up team changes?

Posted: Mar 16, 2024 at 13:05 Quote
Coming out for work this week to Victoria. Need me some garbage smell Smile
What's the sunset times looking like. Yes, I could have been less lazy and just used environment Canada but I suppose I was looking for more real world experience of when the sun and light in the trees starts to mess with things
Cheers!

Posted: Mar 17, 2024 at 18:01 Quote
The dump is dead. Head to the park in Langford for actual fun. Sunset 730, last rideable light after 8.

O+
Posted: Mar 17, 2024 at 18:37 Quote
fake news - the dump is not dead

Posted: Mar 17, 2024 at 20:32 Quote
Cheers all. Air Canada didn't even lose my bag this time so bike will make it.

Posted: Mar 19, 2024 at 21:37 Quote
BlacksCycle wrote:
How was the dump?

Perfect.
Perfect day, conditions and ride.
First ride of the year (coming from away with no winter riding) so legs and butt are sore today. Hopefully back at it again this week. Was still pretty smelly on WYD but it's a fair price to pay for a rad trail.

Posted: Mar 20, 2024 at 10:12 Quote
cameronbikes wrote:
BlacksCycle wrote:
How was the dump?

Perfect.
Perfect day, conditions and ride.
First ride of the year (coming from away with no winter riding) so legs and butt are sore today. Hopefully back at it again this week. Was still pretty smelly on WYD but it's a fair price to pay for a rad trail.

Some great trail work over the last couple years at the dump. 90's Jank is new as of the pandemic, and both Torpedo Run and Organ Donor specifically have seen a lot of work, with lots of others getting touched up too. Lots of options beyond WYD with less of that "fragrance" Wink

Posted: Mar 20, 2024 at 19:05 Quote
I am a big fan of 90's Jank. Both the trail and the general type of riding. My legs were in protest of a longer ride today but I was going to do Torpedo run. Hopefully tomorrow or Friday. Is there a "good way" to get to the top? I find I get a lot of push-up trail connections like Lemming's or Middle earth. I think I have the names right. I park at the main dump parking lot but am open to suggestions if there are other places to park.

Posted: Mar 20, 2024 at 20:44 Quote
Middle earth is the new climb trail up, also there’s a technical climb trail Switchbacks.

My usual “quick ride loop” is start at that main lot, climb via Skull Trail > Inventive > little face > centrefold fire road > middle earth.

Then either down 90’s or cut across pay it forward > torpedo run or snakes and ladders. Can usually do the climb and 2 or 3 of torpedo/90s/snakes and back out within 90 min. Route out is usually Centerfold to night shift (bottom of WYD)

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.013216
Mobile Version of Website