Powered by Outside

The MTB Quick Question Thread 3.0 - Parts names & abreviations link on first post.

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
The MTB Quick Question Thread 3.0 - Parts names & abreviations link on first post.
Posted: Sep 27, 2014 at 11:16 Quote
The recess in your frame might be shallower than the cup, though that usually only happens with an extra deep cup.

Posted: Sep 27, 2014 at 11:26 Quote
inked-up-metalhead wrote:
The recess in your frame might be shallower than the cup, though that usually only happens with an extra deep cup.
I know its super weird. I took a look insinde my HT and it doesnt look normal ! Its not flush all arround , i posted a pic but im on my phone so i cant post it in the forums. Theres also stress cracks on my lower hs cup now from trying to press it in..

Posted: Sep 27, 2014 at 11:27 Quote
inked-up-metalhead wrote:

is your head tube meant for zero stack? If so that is your problem. There is a way around it but you need access to a lathe.

Posted: Sep 27, 2014 at 12:11 Quote
Im a handy kid , i hacksawed my hs cup. yolo , works now at least !

Posted: Oct 2, 2014 at 15:13 Quote
Will Atomlab Torque nipples fit standard spokes or do I have to buy Atomlab spokes as well?

Posted: Oct 2, 2014 at 16:24 Quote
prophet413 wrote:
Will Atomlab Torque nipples fit standard spokes or do I have to buy Atomlab spokes as well?
standard spokes. Theyre just designed to fit the atomblab rim betta.

Posted: Oct 4, 2014 at 19:08 Quote
Super derp question but what the hell. I have a bum caliper on my elixir so can I use a juicy caliper with the elixir lever?? Or should I just but a new caliper??? (Juicy I have just lying around).... Its spraying fluid out the side of it about 3 mm where the hose it on the inside like a seal is there and its rotted or broke. I am not sure if I can rebuild it or just buy a new one.

Posted: Oct 4, 2014 at 19:29 Quote
jason-zee wrote:
Super derp question but what the hell. I have a bum caliper on my elixir so can I use a juicy caliper with the elixir lever?? Or should I just but a new caliper??? (Juicy I have just lying around).... Its spraying fluid out the side of it about 3 mm where the hose it on the inside like a seal is there and its rotted or broke. I am not sure if I can rebuild it or just buy a new one.

worth a shot its all just hoses fluid and moving parts....theoretically it should work.

Posted: Oct 4, 2014 at 22:04 Quote
jason-zee wrote:
I have an elixir caliper you can have for cheap Jason!

Posted: Oct 4, 2014 at 22:11 Quote
ajax-ripper wrote:
jason-zee wrote:
I have an elixir caliper you can have for cheap Jason!
rad! I'll pm you

Posted: Oct 5, 2014 at 10:01 Quote
Sound like one of the O-rings has gone in it, get another one from a hardware store for like 5 cents and you'll be good to go.

Posted: Oct 5, 2014 at 10:34 Quote
harry-h wrote:
Sound like one of the O-rings has gone in it, get another one from a hardware store for like 5 cents and you'll be good to go.
because that will totally be chemically stable in brake fluid right?

Facepalm

Posted: Oct 5, 2014 at 13:11 Quote
Nobble wrote:
harry-h wrote:
because that will totally be chemically stable in brake fluid right?

Facepalm
Did it on my Elixir 5 and it's not lost a single drop of fluid in about 4 months.

Posted: Oct 5, 2014 at 14:12 Quote
So I have a question about my fork,
Recently about 2 weeks ago I was washing my bike, and when I was going over the seals with a Q-tip to get the dirt out before I hose it down, I've noticed at the bottom of one of my stanchions the coating of the fork has come of, and a few shallow scratches have formed. I was wondering what might have caused this? I'm thinking because I ride in a very dusty place, that dust could have accumulated and started scratching the stanchions, so all I need is to clean under the seals? I'm not really sure what to do, as of right now I'm just calling around to find the best deal on a full fork rebuild+new seals, but I want to make sure that my bike and suspension is always in pristine working condition. As of right now, its only scratches, but the fork works perfectly. Any ideas what could have caused this, how to fix it, and maybe any things I could apply to kinda get the coating back a little?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.058392
Mobile Version of Website