Powered by Outside

Sherwood Pines Group

PB Forum :: Trail Building
Sherwood Pines Group
Posted: Nov 12, 2011 at 9:41 Quote
yes it was my friend he broke 2 bones in his ankle on the first dubble on the middle set i broke my wrist and thumb on the same jump as well about a year ago they need a lot of tlc

Posted: Nov 12, 2011 at 10:16 Quote
Will said it wo last double on phone

Posted: Nov 12, 2011 at 10:43 Quote
I would say get a jcb in and rip down the middle jumps and start from scratch. The placement of each jump is wrong and they are all too short. Also we need to decide if to make them tables or make them bigger doubles so ppl on xc bikes don't roll through them and rip them to bits.

Take chicksands dj's they have a big set of tables that are fine to roll and good to learn to jump on. They have a good middle line and then a big scary main line. We need to do the same.... build up all the jumps and if we could put a massive line in next to the big set.

I believe this would drag a lot more people to pines because people don't come to ride the supposed DH runs that had loads of money spent on them Madder

Posted: Nov 12, 2011 at 10:59 Quote
Anybody goin dirt jumps tomorrow?

Posted: Nov 12, 2011 at 11:52 Quote
Jonny121 wrote:
I would say get a jcb in and rip down the middle jumps and start from scratch. The placement of each jump is wrong and they are all too short. Also we need to decide if to make them tables or make them bigger doubles so ppl on xc bikes don't roll through them and rip them to bits.

Take chicksands dj's they have a big set of tables that are fine to roll and good to learn to jump on. They have a good middle line and then a big scary main line. We need to do the same.... build up all the jumps and if we could put a massive line in next to the big set.

I believe this would drag a lot more people to pines because people don't come to ride the supposed DH runs that had loads of money spent on them Madder

Yeah i agree! but i think the small line should be small table tops that can be jumped or rolled over. Then the middle line could be a small set of flowing doubles or tables to a decent size that you can't really roll over. Big line are good size now me mike and jonny have build them up then possibly a BIG line. If there was a big pro line there and everyone rode them it would get a lot of riders there.

but it all depends if people are willing to help build and mostly maintain them.

Posted: Nov 12, 2011 at 11:56 Quote
ridermark wrote:
Jonny121 wrote:

Yeah i agree! but i think the small line should be small table tops that can be jumped or rolled over. Then the middle line could be a small set of flowing doubles or tables to a decent size that you can't really roll over. Big line are good size now me mike and jonny have build them up then possibly a BIG line. If there was a big pro line there and everyone rode them it would get a lot of riders there.

but it all depends if people are willing to help build and mostly maintain them.

We just need chicksands dj packs at pines lol. If the FC made a new line of hudge jumps people would come from all over because there are not a great deal of big dj round this area. So i would say that be a good idea. And i would like to see a nice set of doubles where the middle set is. Like proper doubles not mouds of dirt with crappy lips on

Posted: Nov 12, 2011 at 13:58 Quote
savman wrote:
i got told by cardwell that it wo first dubble who when any way?

Posted: Nov 13, 2011 at 3:01 Quote
cryer wrote:
savman wrote:
i got told by cardwell that it wo first dubble who when any way?

it was the 2nd double the really short one but the 3rd jump if u class the table as a jump lol. I was up there digging when he was on the floor.

Posted: Nov 13, 2011 at 3:02 Quote
did you see his crash ?

Posted: Nov 13, 2011 at 3:08 Quote
cryer wrote:
did you see his crash ?

Nah he was jst on the floor didnt know he did anything major till the post on here

Posted: Nov 13, 2011 at 14:05 Quote
the best bet for pines would be something would me more slopestyle (but on flat obviously) as it would be one of the uk's first but that cost's money and the FC won't like it. I think the best idea for the middle line would be too drag it up towards the rocks and maybe make it like a stretched s-shape to get a few more jumps in with a few berms but it would require a lot of work, but I've got a few days holiday to take from my lbs so if we can get in touch with the FC I'm happy to transport people/tools and mud in the back of my transporter

Posted: Nov 14, 2011 at 4:53 Quote
Good to see people sorting these now! Shame it's the same old story, Everyone wants to ride but wont dig, If i get chance i'll try and pop down at the weekend and give you guys a hand.

I think the main reason there's not already a bigger set is because people who are really serious about it will just build their own trails where they want them rather than somewhere where all the hard work will be wasted and the jumps just get trashed...

Posted: Nov 15, 2011 at 3:12 Quote
pines is lookin sweet!!
wud b nice if we cud keep ppl off em til there set prop some summer jams on them for sure!!

Posted: Nov 15, 2011 at 9:22 Quote
clubroost9 wrote:
pines is lookin sweet!!
wud b nice if we cud keep ppl off em til there set prop some summer jams on them for sure!!

Yeah me,mike and mark keep smashing up the first one to stop people riding them because they keep building the 1st and casing and not fixing them and making a mess of them.

I was up today and someone built the first take off cased the landing hard put a massive hole in it and left it.

Also me and a friend spent and hr or two trying to sort out the middle set they are looking 10000 times better. Go have a look before some xcer rides through and rips all the lips to bits....

Posted: Nov 15, 2011 at 10:21 Quote
Jonny121 wrote:
clubroost9 wrote:
pines is lookin sweet!!

Yeah me,mike and mark keep smashing up the first one to stop people riding them because they keep building the 1st and casing and not fixing them and making a mess of them.

I was up today and someone built the first take off cased the landing hard put a massive hole in it and left it.

Also me and a friend spent and hr or two trying to sort out the middle set they are looking 10000 times better. Go have a look before some xcer rides through and rips all the lips to bits....

I think the FC just need to be up there when a few of us are up there to talk about what can be done with them. If people are going to just roll over doubles and ruin the take off's the small line should be made into average size tables the middle like made into good size doubles and the big line made into a pro line to get more higher skilled riders up there.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011203
Mobile Version of Website