Powered by Outside

The Home of Heavy Artillery... At Home (aka, gun lovers thread)

PB Forum :: Off-Topic
The Home of Heavy Artillery... At Home (aka, gun lovers thread)
Posted: May 21, 2018 at 5:18 Quote
Hmmmmm...... Have about $370 cash, probably going to look at some guns here this week, or maybe put roughly half down on a friends .44 mag.

Posted: May 21, 2018 at 13:24 Quote
marxthekittah wrote:
Hmmmmm...... Have about $370 cash, probably going to look at some guns here this week, or maybe put roughly half down on a friends .44 mag.

Unless you already have a ton, I would buy ammo and mags

Posted: May 21, 2018 at 13:57 Quote
The idea flew the coupe as soon as I got to town. My rear differential decided to kinda have issues so there goes a week without my home/car and $1000.

Posted: May 21, 2018 at 14:00 Quote
marxthekittah wrote:
The idea flew the coupe as soon as I got to town. My rear differential decided to kinda have issues so there goes a week without my home/car and $1000.
What kind of ride?

Posted: May 21, 2018 at 14:01 Quote
marxthekittah wrote:

Oh man that is rough, sorry to hear that Frown

Posted: May 21, 2018 at 15:14 Quote
It’s a 2011 Outback, and the whole thing was 110% my fault. Was a dumb ass when it mattered the most and surprised a bit it lasted as long as it did. Do kept me from buying a gun I don’t necessarily need and fixing a problem on my car that needed fixed.

O+
Posted: May 22, 2018 at 7:09 Quote
Dude r160 rear diffs for Subarus are dirt cheap and are 6 bolts to replace... Don't pay 1100 to have that fixed..

Hell I have 2 r160s that are probably the same ratio that I paid 100 each for..

Posted: May 22, 2018 at 20:14 Quote
with an Outback its more likely Gearbox issues..... just about any later(2000+) Subaru will have gearbox issues Frown

Posted: May 22, 2018 at 21:09 Quote
Depends on what gearbox issues. The 4EAT has the torque bind and all that, and maybe the 2010 had some CVT issues, but that is all I can think of. My issue was I wasn’t deliberate and was a dumb ass and that has a way of screwing stuff up.

Posted: May 23, 2018 at 7:00 Quote
Yea, I specifically bought my wifes new Crosstrek in a manual so I didnt have to deal with CVT garbage.

O+
Posted: May 23, 2018 at 8:31 Quote
theMISSIONARY wrote:
with an Outback its more likely Gearbox issues..... just about any later(2000+) Subaru will have gearbox issues Frown

I will highly refute this.. I have had 10 different Subarus and I have only replaced 2 transmissions.. But one of them was doing a 4eat to 6mt swap.. The one I changed out of failure was in a 230k mile turbo forester that had been used as a rallyx car and was beat on hard..

Not saying they don't fail, just that's its not a guaranteed thing..

And I love the crosstreks but 2.0l NA is a deal breaker for me.. After my last 4 2.5l turbo foresters and outbacks, I don't think I could do it..

Posted: May 23, 2018 at 14:19 Quote
swan3609 wrote:
theMISSIONARY wrote:

I will highly refute this.. I have had 10 different Subarus and I have only replaced 2 transmissions.. But one of them was doing a 4eat to 6mt swap.. The one I changed out of failure was in a 230k mile turbo forester that had been used as a rallyx car and was beat on hard..

And I love the crosstreks but 2.0l NA is a deal breaker for me.. After my last 4 2.5l turbo foresters and outbacks, I don't think I could do it..

It's pretty brutal. We sold her 2.5 Turbo WRX, and bought the NA 2.0L Trek, and it's rediculously slow. It's awful. But we needed more room, and taller ride to make it easier to load and unload the kiddo, so it was a necessary change unfortunately. We still have my 500hp car though, so it's ok lol

Posted: May 23, 2018 at 20:04 Quote
just about always manuals and usually around the 300000km mark,all the bearings seem to get really worn and then the syncros etc let go

O+
Posted: May 23, 2018 at 20:49 Quote
ZenkiS14 wrote:
swan3609 wrote:
theMISSIONARY wrote:

It's pretty brutal. We sold her 2.5 Turbo WRX, and bought the NA 2.0L Trek, and it's rediculously slow. It's awful. But we needed more room, and taller ride to make it easier to load and unload the kiddo, so it was a necessary change unfortunately. We still have my 500hp car though, so it's ok lol

I would love a 500hp car someday.. My 6mt fxt was only 330hp, but it was a jdm gearbox. Those short gears made that 330hp really hit hard and fast. It was a super fun setup.

I drive the fiancés 09 NA outback and it drives me crazy. Haha

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010873
Mobile Version of Website