Powered by Outside

Sexiest AM/enduro bike thread. Don't post your bike. Rules on first page.

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Sexiest AM/enduro bike thread. Don't post your bike. Rules on first page.
Posted: Mar 6, 2020 at 12:42 Quote
sherbet wrote:
CC's quality control and reliablity issues are a thing of the past in my experience. Have sold a few of their forks and more than a few of the shocks over the last few years without issue.

Also shoutout to thinking BC is special. Man it must be nice to be that sheltered. Do you guys look at riders in the Alps and get tiny dick syndrome? NC is fully capable of making shit to last "dh gnar descents in BC."

Actually the riding in B.C. is special. I’m sure the riding in Barrie Ontario is great too and CC can handle anything you can throw at it. So relax, you’re covered.

Posted: Mar 6, 2020 at 14:33 Quote
Having been there and to a few East coast venues, no, it's really not. It's good riding, will never say otherwise, but y'all fart smellers are a bit high on your own fumes sometimes.

But hey, go ahead and talk shit on the rest of the world. Not like my hometown has bred olympians and world class riders. Lmfao.

O+
Posted: Mar 6, 2020 at 14:38 Quote
NC has some rad riding. So does WV. We would do road trips to ride there every spring from Ontario.

I don't disagree that there are many here in BC that seem to think it's the end all be all of riding. It's amazing, but there is amazing riding all over the place.

Anyway if shreddy here doesn't feel like telling us what shock we'll just go ahead and say it was an early Inline Air and as we know it had issues and was fixed with updated design.

O+
Posted: Mar 6, 2020 at 17:13 Quote
If the updates where less than 2 years ago great. I was on the Air CS and every time it went in for service it needed multiple replacement parts. When it was under warranty they were great but when you get a $700 bill for a service then your not so happy. The shock had all the updates installed when in crapped out the last time. The shock was on a Knolly Warden which isn't a bike that is hard on shocks.

On long descents it would heat up significantly more than my current float X2 on the same bike and the same runs.

Posted: Mar 6, 2020 at 18:08 Quote
Mount Mitchell is like 1k feet lower than big white. It's taller than Silverstar. It's pretty laughable to think NC doesn't have downhills. Not sure what's in the water in the valley, but it sure does stink.

photo

photo

Posted: Mar 6, 2020 at 22:14 Quote
EliasFritzen wrote:
heinous wrote:
EliasFritzen wrote:

cane creek? push? fast? ext?

He said RS haven’t, not no one has.

exactly Rockshox hasn't but the others I mention above have, how come they're out of consideration?
Because fox and RS are the most readily available, spare parts are easy to locate and service is an option just about anywhere which is critical for outsole who travel with their bike.

Posted: Mar 7, 2020 at 13:14 Quote
Looks like the kind of bike a blind/illiterate fool would ride.

Posted: Mar 7, 2020 at 13:19 Quote
[Quote="tomhoward379"]Looks like the kind of bike a blind/illiterate fool would ride.[/Quote

f*ck, my bad, didn’t read the rules ????

Posted: Mar 7, 2020 at 13:20 Quote
[Quote="prenderville"]
tomhoward379 wrote:
Looks like the kind of bike a blind/illiterate fool would ride.[/Quote

f*ck, my bad, didn’t read the rules ????

Welcome to hell man, enjoy the stay!

Posted: Mar 7, 2020 at 14:18 Quote
Wale wrote:
Salute

Tell me more about that bottle cage.

O+
Posted: Mar 7, 2020 at 20:35 Quote
sherbet wrote:
CC's quality control and reliablity issues are a thing of the past in my experience. Have sold a few of their forks and more than a few of the shocks over the last few years without issue.

Also shoutout to thinking BC is special. Man it must be nice to be that sheltered. Do you guys look at riders in the Alps and get tiny dick syndrome? NC is fully capable of making shit to last "dh gnar descents in BC."

I bought a Helm air last year. It was the smoothest fork I’ve ridden until it near catastrophically failed practising for a race.

I sent it back for warranty assessment. Guy calls me a day later.

‘Ah, yeah, this is weird. Your fork has no lower bushings in it. At all. It must have left the factory that way’

So I’m not convinced the QC is quite in the past.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.040314
Mobile Version of Website