Powered by Outside

Trailforks Website Feedback & Suggestions

PB Forum :: Trailforks Feedback
Trailforks Website Feedback & Suggestions
Mod O+ FL
Posted: Aug 29, 2014 at 9:34 Quote
DarrellW wrote:
Would it be possible to have a unified login for PB and Trailforks?

??? There is, you use your PB username to login to Trailforks. When you click "login" on Trailforks, it goes to a special login page on PB. If you are already logged into PB, it will auto login to TF and you won't even see this page, it will redirect instantly back to Trailforks.

Posted: Sep 19, 2014 at 18:39 Quote
Is there a way to refresh the metadata of a ride that has been imported from Strava? If I change the name of the activity or the bike I used on Strava, I don't want to have to do it again on TF.

Similarly, I'd like to be able to limit auto-uploads to MTB rides: if I could have the option to 'Only upload rides on selected bikes,' that would be great.

Finally, I'd like to use ISO8601 date format throughout the site.

Mod O+ FL
Posted: Sep 20, 2014 at 9:18 Quote
tea-addict wrote:
Is there a way to refresh the metadata of a ride that has been imported from Strava? If I change the name of the activity or the bike I used on Strava, I don't want to have to do it again on TF.

Similarly, I'd like to be able to limit auto-uploads to MTB rides: if I could have the option to 'Only upload rides on selected bikes,' that would be great.

Finally, I'd like to use ISO8601 date format throughout the site.

I've always found it annoying how Strava doesn't separate mtn bike rides from road bike rides!
If a ride is flagged as a "commute" I don't import it to Trailforks. But I can probably do something based on your bikeids. I will add to my list.

As far as updating info, I think it will be too many calls to the API to continue checking everyones ridelogs into the future... But I can create an on-demand function, where there would be a link on your ridelog page you click to refresh the data.

As for the dates, you mean for the title on the ridelog detail page? "Thursday September 18, 2014"
Most dates on the site are in this type of format, so not to confuse American visitors (as they will be the largest traffic source). Otherwise in Canada we use the YYYY-MM-DD format, but Americans flip the month and day, so it might confuse them. Sure the ISO format is better if your not english speaking and don't know what thursday or September mean.. but then again you have bigger problems because the entire site is in english Wink

Mod O+ FL
Posted: Sep 23, 2014 at 20:56 Quote
Ok i've added the ability to exclude the importing of Strava activities for certain gear. The change should be live later tonight.

See this help page on how to use this feature: http://www.trailforks.com/help/view/9/

Mod O+ FL
Posted: Sep 26, 2014 at 1:21 Quote
As requested I've added the ability to re-sync your ridelog with your Strava activity. When viewing on of your own ridelogs there is a grey "resync strava" link in the bottom right. This will resync the gps track and bike/gear used.

O+
Posted: Sep 26, 2014 at 12:58 Quote
*Rant

So the worst thing ever is when you finish editing a gps segment and then forget to select something like the trail difficulty and it boots you out and you have spend another 5 minutes re-editing your segment (all your work is lost).

Mod O+ FL
Posted: Sep 26, 2014 at 14:31 Quote
mtnbikermitch wrote:
*Rant

So the worst thing ever is when you finish editing a gps segment and then forget to select something like the trail difficulty and it boots you out and you have spend another 5 minutes re-editing your segment (all your work is lost).

So here is a not-so-obvious tip. If you've added a gps track, made edits, crops. and save, but the form throws an error. The track is still saved in the background, so fixing the missing required field, like difficulty and re-submitting the form will still record your track edits.

But its not obvious 'cause when your thrown back to the form as an error, the map disappears, so you can see your previous work. I will see what I can do, or at least show a message state your changes will be saved still.

O+
Posted: Sep 26, 2014 at 14:34 Quote
Awesome!

Good to know.

O+
Posted: Sep 26, 2014 at 15:33 Quote
How can duplicate trails be removed?

For example there are 3 trails overlapping in Edmonton all with the name Bobsled.

2 where drawn in.
1 has GPS information.

Mod O+ FL
Posted: Sep 26, 2014 at 15:55 Quote
At the bottom of most content pages there is a "flag" button to flag/report content to the moderators.

flag a trail as duplicate content

When one is adding a new trail, it shows possible duplicate matches on the right, but doesn't prevent something from being added.

O+
Posted: Sep 27, 2014 at 9:38 Quote
Looks like bulk upload just failed for me - leads to a blank page after submission. Looking at the resulting HTML it says _first trail_ needs to be approved by a moderator - but no entries for the other trails I uploaded. Looking at the pending confirmations, only the first trail showed up.

I'll return to single-uploads for now.

Mod O+ FL
Posted: Sep 27, 2014 at 19:06 Quote
can you send/email me the file you were trying to bulk upload so I can debug it.

Posted: Sep 28, 2014 at 9:10 Quote
Is there a way to change videos that have been linked to the wrong trails. I added a trail in my area and some of the videos linked to the trail should actually be linked to others (I assume this is self generated content from Pinkbike?).

Mod O+ FL
Posted: Sep 28, 2014 at 19:52 Quote
Yes user can flag photos that are mislabelled, there is a small grey link on the PB photo page in the 'trail block'.

Admins for a region have access to a 'bulk unlink' to quickyl remove ltos of photos.

Here is a short video showing how to report a photo.
https://www.pinkbike.com/video/380582/

Posted: Sep 29, 2014 at 13:42 Quote
That appears to work for photos, but a "flag trail video" is not available at the bottom of the right-hand location map on the Pinkbike site. https://www.pinkbike.com/video/83424/

Is there a way to manage videos?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.030070
Mobile Version of Website