Powered by Outside

Cannondale ''warranty'' - negative experience

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Cannondale ''warranty'' - negative experience
O+
Posted: Sep 22, 2015 at 11:32 Quote
Fastb, Thanks for the update on the OP

Posted: Sep 22, 2015 at 11:39 Quote
Yup a much needed update, thanks for that!

Posted: Sep 22, 2015 at 12:32 Quote
I don't work for them a*shole

Posted: Sep 22, 2015 at 17:21 Quote
subscribed. hopefully the truth will be unveiled soon.

O+
Posted: Sep 22, 2015 at 20:00 Quote
He made a much better choice on his new bike. I can't say enough good things about my Orbea Rallon. Cannondale is also officially off my list of companies for my next bike. Too many other great brands out there that stand behind their stuff. We spend our hard earned money so we can ride our bikes not to sit around waiting on warranty claims that may or may not come through.

Adam

Posted: Sep 23, 2015 at 0:41 Quote
kameraguy wrote:
The truth about Cannondale was revealed in the emails. They said the crack was due to external factors and not their fault.

Ive had the same experience with a Lappiere Spicy 916 and its rear carbon seatpost (crack where derailleur guard was mounted, the guard was barelly scratched), but our A2U dealer wasnt as nice as Cannondales was in this case.

If you still buy a Cannondale or a Lappiere after you`ve seen that, your an idiot Smile or in Cs case a guy that rides Enduro bikes on XC trails like a snail

O+
Posted: Sep 23, 2015 at 4:27 Quote
The OP made a comment on the Cannondale article on the front page where this was brought up https://www.pinkbike.com/news/cannondale-habit-carbon-se-review.html

Looks like he never received a replacement frame from Cannondale, and they closed out his warranty with no resolution. Seems like the Cannondale rep in this thread must be mistaken....

danibenedicic wrote:
danibenedicic (4 hours ago)
Hi,
I'm the owner of the cracked Claymore posted in this conversation.
Currently I am biking on Garda, Italy, so I will be quick with this reply.
The thing didn't move a bit from my last post in the thread - I got an test frame from my LBS and thats it, warranty claim was declained.

I got a call from Cdale Eu yesterday, they wanted to know the current situation.

I won't reply till next week... I hope you will understand. Trails are great here at Garda Wink

Posted: Sep 23, 2015 at 17:15 Quote
gotlost wrote:
kameraguy wrote:
The truth about Cannondale was revealed in the emails. They said the crack was due to external factors and not their fault.

Ive had the same experience with a Lappiere Spicy 916 and its rear carbon seatpost (crack where derailleur guard was mounted, the guard was barelly scratched), but our A2U dealer wasnt as nice as Cannondales was in this case.

If you still buy a Cannondale or a Lappiere after you`ve seen that, your an idiot Smile or in Cs case a guy that rides Enduro bikes on XC trails like a snail

It would be nice to hear the OP officially reply, as it appears there is a discrepancy with the alleged replacement frame sent by Cannondale. As it stands, Cannondale "officially" states the frame was replaced. So if that is true, who got the replacement? It doesn't appears the OP received it, or even knew about it...

edit: re-read the new posts about this on various forums as well as this one. What is lacking is Cannondale verifying "who" they sent the replacement frame. It would be nice if they can simply state the frame was sent to the LBS or distributor or whoever. As it stands, Cannondale is just making a lot of people more upset as what is clear is the OP did NOT get this replacement frame from them. Let's say the frame was indeed sent to the distributor or LBS, then fair enough, the OP can certainly know who else had their hands on this frame and pursue that direction if he wants.

But despite that, it appears there was no communication to the OP that Cannondale (USA??) went ahead with the replacement.

Oh so many questions....

Posted: Sep 24, 2015 at 7:16 Quote
The LBS probably got the replacement frame, built it up and sold it.

Posted: Sep 24, 2015 at 7:43 Quote
Rlvinas wrote:
Cannondale should tread lightly in this matter. In this day and age with the internet and user reviews the consumer has a loud voice . Pinkbike has alot of followers and we rely on each other for advice and end user review. From a business stand point this single thread may sway many users away from Cannondale (I can def speak for myself). If danibenedic doesn't post that Cannondale has made this right I will never buy one of their products.
absolutelly, i was gonna pull the trigger (no pun intended) on a bad habit this week, your post just made the rocky mnt sherpa a lot sexier

Posted: Sep 24, 2015 at 9:46 Quote
exhaustpipe1 wrote:
That's possible considering Cannondale claims they sent a warranty replacement in May and the OP apparently got the demo frame from the shop in June. The warranty frame could have arrived after the lbs gave their frame away.

Posted: Sep 24, 2015 at 10:26 Quote
kanioni wrote:
exhaustpipe1 wrote:
That's possible considering Cannondale claims they sent a warranty replacement in May and the OP apparently got the demo frame from the shop in June. The warranty frame could have arrived after the lbs gave their frame away.

This is why Cannondale should put an end to speculation and simply confirm. Whoever is running their social media interaction is really lacking.

O+
Posted: Sep 24, 2015 at 10:42 Quote
kameraguy wrote:
This is why Cannondale should put an end to speculation and simply confirm. Whoever is running their social media interaction is really lacking.

I would think they would of had some sort of communication with the OP if they had agreed to send the new frame out. It seems that the OP was directly in contact with Cannondale for all of this. I can't imagine them not atleast sending him an email confirming that the frame is on its way. I don't see how the LBS could have snagged the frame with out him knowing.

Posted: Sep 24, 2015 at 11:49 Quote
fuzzhead45 wrote:
kameraguy wrote:

I would think they would of had some sort of communication with the OP if they had agreed to send the new frame out. It seems that the OP was directly in contact with Cannondale for all of this. I can't imagine them not atleast sending him an email confirming that the frame is on its way. I don't see how the LBS could have snagged the frame with out him knowing.

Absolutely agree. But the OP clearly stated this week Cannondale did *not* contact him about any replacement frame issued to him.

And here is what I think is the problem now. Based on what has been said on the forums, there was no contact to the OP that a frame would be sent as a replacement, but Cannondale says they did send one out. So, we still don't know who the recipient of the frame was, and who Cannondale communicated this replacement with. If that was clear, then at the very least Cannondale could deflect a lot of unnecessary added attention to them at this point.

btw - i don't have any vested interest other than seeing how these type of service issues get resolved as a potential customer. I've always liked Cannondales and find it hard to believe Cannondale (USA) would let this happen. It appears the ball got dropped somewhere, but IMO most importantly it "appears" Cannondale tried to make things right at some point. It's a shame this did not seem to happen as planned though.

Posted: Sep 28, 2015 at 8:50 Quote
oh bugger I was just going to buy a Cannondale, maybe not thenCry

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.027339
Mobile Version of Website