When you grow up, what do you want to be!!!

PB Forum :: Off-Topic
When you grow up, what do you want to be!!!
Posted: Apr 9, 2008 at 14:15 Quote
i dont know what i want to be. i've been in college for almost a year, but i dont have a major yet. i'm supposed to chose one by the end of the year, but i still dont know if im going to pick a major i like and will stick with. i wanted to be an engineer, but now i'm second guessing myself. what i really like to do is work with my hands, which sucks because i'm good at fixing things like cars, trucks, and my bike. but, my parents, being the parents that they are, wouldnt let me go to a trade school to become a auto mechanic, so here i am taking general education classes at a university when i have no idea what i want to do with my life. so far, all i've done is spent all my money, smoked a lot of cigarettes, drank more beer than i ever have before, and skrewed around. i do well in my classes, but nothing i've studied so far has caught my attention enough to make it my major. i'm enjoying the time here, i've made a lot of friends, got some good memories, and i have a good gpa, but since i dont know what im doing with my life, my friends are taking classes for their majors while i stay in math classes, history or geography class, and english, while theyre in labs doing tensile strength, chemistry, or whatever else. at least i had my bike up here until it broke. i've never gone through my bike so thurougly before. this sucks.

Posted: Apr 9, 2008 at 14:55 Quote
doyouquaxu wrote:
i dont know what i want to be. i've been in college for almost a year, but i dont have a major yet. i'm supposed to chose one by the end of the year, but i still dont know if im going to pick a major i like and will stick with. i wanted to be an engineer, but now i'm second guessing myself. what i really like to do is work with my hands, which sucks because i'm good at fixing things like cars, trucks, and my bike. but, my parents, being the parents that they are, wouldnt let me go to a trade school to become a auto mechanic, so here i am taking general education classes at a university when i have no idea what i want to do with my life. so far, all i've done is spent all my money, smoked a lot of cigarettes, drank more beer than i ever have before, and skrewed around. i do well in my classes, but nothing i've studied so far has caught my attention enough to make it my major. i'm enjoying the time here, i've made a lot of friends, got some good memories, and i have a good gpa, but since i dont know what im doing with my life, my friends are taking classes for their majors while i stay in math classes, history or geography class, and english, while theyre in labs doing tensile strength, chemistry, or whatever else. at least i had my bike up here until it broke. i've never gone through my bike so thurougly before. this sucks.

Shit, that trully sucks! Maybe you could be the engineer that designs and builds cars, since you like cars, I dunno...

Posted: Apr 9, 2008 at 15:01 Quote
yeah, i guess i have to figure something out soon. all i've done today is go to tai chi class, watch spongebob, and order some LED tail lights for my ranger.

Posted: Apr 9, 2008 at 15:02 Quote
always wanted to ne an instrument engineer, went on my work experience last month to a worldwide firm and they sponsored me at 15years old to be an instrument engineer when i leave school Big Grin Beer

Posted: Apr 9, 2008 at 15:03 Quote
doyouquaxu wrote:
yeah, i guess i have to figure something out soon. all i've done today is go to tai chi class, watch spongebob, and order some LED tail lights for my ranger.

tai chi instructor?!?! lol

Posted: Apr 9, 2008 at 15:20 Quote
haha yeah right, im just taking it with some friends as something fun/relaxing to do

Posted: Apr 9, 2008 at 18:37 Quote
I want to be an immunologist or a pediatric orthopedic spinal surgeon. yup, it'll cost alot of money and time but in the end i'll be making peoples lives better and be making $500,000+ a year

Posted: Apr 9, 2008 at 18:51 Quote
I wanna be a catepilar!!!!!

O+ FL
Posted: Apr 9, 2008 at 18:56 Quote
mitch1514 wrote:
I wanna be a catepilar!!!!!

"I want to be a Police Man... or a Caterpillar".

Posted: Apr 9, 2008 at 21:43 Quote
Im taking a plumbing program next year and I guess ill see how that goes. But yeah, the trades are where its at right now. Screw university.

Posted: Apr 9, 2008 at 22:34 Quote
i hear ya on the trades. this summer i'm going to be taking a welding class to learn to arc, mig, and tig weld properly. after that, i'm hopefully gonna help out my friend with some minor fab work at his shop building roll cages/body work for race cars. if i go through the mechanical engineering program, i guess i could use that to help design and build race cars, desert trucks, suspension and steering, and things like that. who knows. i hate being lost in life. maybe if im lucky, i can design the next innovative suspension design for mountain bikes. i must be dreaming. night all.

Posted: Apr 10, 2008 at 8:18 Quote
dream big. dream big. Salute

Posted: Apr 10, 2008 at 11:05 Quote
i want to be a businessman today i work for a local news paper

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.026003
Mobile Version of Website