Powered by Outside

The most overrated and underrated freeriders? and why?

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
The most overrated and underrated freeriders? and why?
Posted: May 16, 2008 at 22:24 Quote
Personally, I think Tyler Klassen is rather under-rated, hes a wicked rider, and I love his style. Though, its impossible to find his segments.

What do you guys think?

Posted: May 17, 2008 at 7:57 Quote
yellowpurple wrote:
jefo wrote:
supert360 wrote:
who else has landed the jah drop.....NO ONE!!

not even bender, but at least he attempted.

If I get untreatable cancer one day and will die soon, I'm gonna attempt the jah drop. whos wit me?

its jaw drop

Err no it's not. It's Jah drop fool.

Posted: May 17, 2008 at 9:35 Quote
Cyclist-Abuse wrote:
Personally, I think Tyler Klassen is rather under-rated, hes a wicked rider, and I love his style. Though, its impossible to find his segments.

What do you guys think?
yea... watch his segment in suspect... its in the vids on pinkbike... its all the way at the end... watch mike wilsons too... he kills it

Posted: May 17, 2008 at 9:38 Quote
gabodude wrote:
overrated? Kyle strait... turndowns and tables can only take you so far in my humble opinion.
OK.. he can like double tailwhip three sixty, that's not too shabby. I don't think he's overrated at all

Posted: May 18, 2008 at 10:57 Quote
Does anybody remember Bobby Root, from the first NWD video? Is he dead now, or what? He was pulling 70 mph manuals and 60 mph stoppies, doing some sick jumps and fast downhills and stuff.

Where did he go? He's pretty underrated, he was doing sick stuff for 1999 or whenever that first movie came out.

Posted: May 18, 2008 at 11:30 Quote
Underrated mike kinraid,

Posted: May 18, 2008 at 12:37 Quote
Does anybody remember Bobby Root, from the first NWD video? Is he dead now, or what? He was pulling 70 mph manuals and 60 mph stoppies, doing some sick jumps and fast downhills and stuff.

according to "the grapevine", he is in prison for dealing heroin Eek

Posted: May 18, 2008 at 12:57 Quote
hampsteadbandit wrote:

according to "the grapevine", he is in prison for dealing heroin Eek

Dang! He had to make money for new bearings somehow!

Posted: May 18, 2008 at 13:01 Quote
hell no, he is still shreddin..he rides for ergon bike ergonomics, and also ride motocross

Posted: May 18, 2008 at 13:02 Quote
guess mr root served his time then?

Posted: May 18, 2008 at 13:05 Quote
definatly think bourdon is over rated,

Posted: May 18, 2008 at 13:07 Quote
hampsteadbandit wrote:
guess mr root served his time then?

heck no, bobby would never do that dumb of shit...

but back on topic, i think wade simmons has become underrated, he might not shred NUTS now, but is and always will be the godfather of freeride

Posted: May 18, 2008 at 13:11 Quote
also bender is underrated, people think he just jumps off cliffs, but really he could kill most people with his crazy bag of tricks, throwing them off of 20ft cliffs and Doubles..

bourdon is deff. overrated IMO

Posted: May 19, 2008 at 19:16 Quote
so lets hear y u people think bourdon is overrated... and leave out the slopestyle nonsennse

O+
Posted: May 19, 2008 at 19:37 Quote
all of these guys eat sleep and breathe biking and have progressed the sport father than anyone ever thought it would go.
guys like bender, bourdon and simmons, made ppl notice freeride when everyone thought all mountain biking was about was climbing hills in spandex, sure they may not be at the top of there game anymore but after shredding that hard for that long and taking as many hits as they have i think they deserve some respect.

i think the whoel big mountin crew guys likie hunter and vanderhamm are way underrated as cool as dj and slopestyle is i've been finding mtb is getting to bmx lately and the big mountain guys have been keeping classic true freeride alive, i'm not saying what the ss guys do isn't insane... but looking at the last cpl of quashquai courses i'm pretty sure they could be done on a bmx... not mountain biking imo.

getting recognized in mtb is hard and all thsoe guys in videos and on the podium worked hard to get there.....
but theres some companies and trends i wouldn't hesitate to bash *ough hayes/ manitou cough*

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.015954
Mobile Version of Website