banshee wildcard VS Transition Bottlerocket

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
banshee wildcard VS Transition Bottlerocket
Posted: Dec 7, 2008 at 21:58 Quote
shredtheshore wrote:
denuchinator34 wrote:
me2menow wrote:
he wants a dh bike.

a 5.5 inch sigle pivot faux bar or watevr will not soak up anything. The intense on the other hand...DAYUM!

he said he wants a downhill bike, for trails like dirtmerchant and aline. dont tell me that the bottlerocket cant handle that

a hardtail can handle those trails. so dont tell me a bottlerocket cant

exactly... judging by what he wants to do, i think that the botterocket/ any lower mid travel slopestyle bike would be good, ss might be a bit overkill, and hard to dirtjump

Posted: Dec 7, 2008 at 22:08 Quote
konastuff06rider wrote:
hey guys, next year i will be getting a bike for dh( flowy dh liek a-line and dirt merchant with occasianal tech) and i was wondering what u guys thought. Intense ss or bottle rocket. which is stronger, more reliable, better geo for tricks, etc. give me all the pros and cons on both. thanx

Use the f*cking search. There are tousands of threats like thrs

FL
Posted: Dec 7, 2008 at 22:10 Quote
variiis wrote:
konastuff06rider wrote:
hey guys, next year i will be getting a bike for dh( flowy dh liek a-line and dirt merchant with occasianal tech) and i was wondering what u guys thought. Intense ss or bottle rocket. which is stronger, more reliable, better geo for tricks, etc. give me all the pros and cons on both. thanx

i did actually. none answered on how the ss compares to a br. i read all the br threads tho

FL
Posted: Dec 7, 2008 at 22:11 Quote
denuchinator34 wrote:
shredtheshore wrote:
denuchinator34 wrote:

he said he wants a downhill bike, for trails like dirtmerchant and aline. dont tell me that the bottlerocket cant handle that

a hardtail can handle those trails. so dont tell me a bottlerocket cant

exactly... judging by what he wants to do, i think that the botterocket/ any lower mid travel slopestyle bike would be good, ss might be a bit overkill, and hard to dirtjump

yea and hardtail isnt as fun as having a back shock, i dont need a 7 inch bike for those trails.

Posted: Dec 7, 2008 at 22:20 Quote
laurie1 wrote:
Tell me this doesn't look like a fun bike!

snip*

ahhh that second vid got me so stoked to ride, but jesus someone teach that fellow how to flip proper or hes gunna clock his dome on the lip lol.

it seems like your set on a bottle rocket i cant imagine why, if you really want a transition id say get a double because its basically just a light bottle rocket and the suspension system is poo on the bottle rocket so it will feel like 3.5 inchs anyway, id seriously like into someother bikes before you make a decision.

Posted: Dec 7, 2008 at 23:08 Quote
look, if ur riding at whistler, odds are youre gonna do other trails

beefing up o an intense ss isnt such a bad idea then

Posted: Dec 8, 2008 at 6:53 Quote
laurie1 wrote:
If the bike wasn't lively, I'm sure Mitch (who is a pro) wouldn't be riding them. He got rid of his Formula One brakes as they were too strong for his liking and he likes to get loose. Therefore, he downgraded to Elixirs. The only reason why a BR is “livelier” is because it is a single pivot and suffers from all the negatives associated with it. Brake jack is not fun especially when you are going through a steep and bumpy section and your suspension is being affected by brake jack. It isn’t Giant’s fault that they employ a far superior suspension design compared to their competitors. If you want a lively feel, just get your bike dialed for that. Fool around with the spring rate, compression, and rebound. Once dialed to your likings, enjoy! Smile
so how many times are you going to promote the reign x series?

FL
Posted: Dec 8, 2008 at 7:34 Quote
me2menow wrote:
look, if ur riding at whistler, odds are youre gonna do other trails

beefing up o an intense ss isnt such a bad idea then

i dont ride whistler very much. mayb like 2-5 times a year. and then i'll use it mainly for hoodlums

Posted: Dec 8, 2008 at 8:30 Quote
i would rather have a bottle rocket
but thats my opinion

Mod
Posted: Dec 8, 2008 at 9:49 Quote
That-Norco-Dude wrote:
so how many times are you going to promote the reign x series?

It's the better bike out of them all but I can only lead a horse to water and can't make it drink. Seems like the OP is dead set on a BR so that is what he will be getting. Smile

Posted: Dec 8, 2008 at 10:52 Quote
konastuff06rider wrote:
variiis wrote:
konastuff06rider wrote:

i did actually. none answered on how the ss compares to a br. i read all the br threads tho
oh sorrythan mate, Smile

FL
Posted: Dec 8, 2008 at 17:23 Quote
variiis wrote:
konastuff06rider wrote:
variiis wrote:

oh sorrythan mate, Smile

np

Posted: Dec 8, 2008 at 19:13 Quote
ok, if i repeat something then im sorry, i didn't have time to read through all 5 pages but i have owned both so i feel i can add to this.

The SS is by far my favorite bike. i have owned a transition dirtbag, BR, a nicolai UFO ST and now an intense SS witha socom being built.

i very much disagree when people say the SS is only for Slopestyle. it has a longer seattube for the small and medium, better suspension for pedalling, and its lighter. It pedals very well. It is also way more plush on the downhill which was a big turn off for the BR. It is also more stable at speed and obviously better at square hits cause of the VPP

now i think they jump, corner, and drop about the same.

The only place the BR was better was how beefy it is. the thing is solid. but that is really the only place.

Now for the rear end flexing. they both flex with that said i noticed it more with my BR. both of them you could grab the rear wheel and move it back and forth. it was probably more noticable on the BR cause it has less travel and so you could feel more flex during the rocky stuff.

I had my BR for 1.5 years and my SS for 3 months now. i never once regretted selling my BR but this is all my opinion. and if you can get the SS for only 200 more then difinately get that.

Posted: Dec 8, 2008 at 19:17 Quote
Just to butt in, INTENSE SS, sick sick bike, decked with Saint and Fox, and I9 wheels, think about that.

Posted: Dec 8, 2008 at 19:18 Quote
laurie1 wrote:
The intense is lighter and has better geometry as it is a bike specifically meant for slope style. Intense designed it solely for one purpose and that was to be a lightweight trick machine. I have seen some cracked Intense SS frames as they aren't meant to be a do it all bike. They are in the FRO (For Racing Only) series and won't last several seasons of abuse. If you are specifically doing what the frame is meant for and are a smooth rider, it will last significantly longer than not being smooth and using a FRO bike for other things other than its intended use. Does this mean it will break when you do something else on it, probably not. However, the point is, these bikes are built for their purpose and can be built very light because they don't have extra material for DH and hucking. The Bottle Rocket is stronger, heavier, has worse geometry but it is more of a do it all type bike compared to the SS. Also, the SS will be pretty close to double the cost of a BR frame.

If you are looking for bikes in this discipline, look at the Reign X series too.

how can you even say that the bottle rocket has worse geometry? first of all, the guys at transition actually dirt jump and ride slopestyle themselves compared to the people at intense who dont know anything about slopestyle. the intense has too much travel to be a competitive slopestyle bike. good luck doing a high speed 360 with almost 7 inches of travel.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.016983
Mobile Version of Website