Minaar's Stolen Honda Bike on eBay Germany?

PB Forum :: Scams & Stolen Bikes
Minaar's Stolen Honda Bike on eBay Germany?
Posted: May 4, 2009 at 15:06 Quote
Haha DH-Pete I had already linked them to your album of the first gen gearbox. Didnt see these though.

Posted: May 4, 2009 at 15:09 Quote
I saw you linked my stuff, but I felt the need to add a good magazine article on the gearbox. It's such an awesome piece of engineering.

Posted: May 4, 2009 at 15:10 Quote
Agreed, it actually makes me angry when people compare it to diamondback, or just say its a mech in a box.

Posted: May 4, 2009 at 15:11 Quote
jammyboy366 wrote:
Agreed, it actually makes me angry when people compare it to diamondback, or just say its a mech in a box.
Why doesn't Honda sell the design to someone, or start manufacturing it again?

Posted: May 4, 2009 at 15:14 Quote
AlCapone wrote:

Too fragile, high maintenance, heavy and expensive.

Plus you need a specially designed hub that freewheels in both directions, but under load engages. If you don't the system will break.

Posted: May 5, 2009 at 21:14 Quote
dh-pete wrote:
AlCapone wrote:

Plus you need a specially designed hub that freewheels in both directions, but under load engages. If you don't the system will break.
So why is everyone making a big deal of it if it's not practical for the average biker?

Posted: May 6, 2009 at 1:04 Quote
Because it was rare and a very special bike in the "evolution of downhill"

Posted: May 6, 2009 at 1:14 Quote
AlCapone wrote:
So why is everyone making a big deal of it if it's not practical for the average biker?

Such a dumb question. Why do people make a big deal out of dragsters and monster trucks if they're not practical for the average driver? Because they're freaking awesome.

Also, DH riders and other extreme athletes are not "average bikers". People who ride Huffys and Supercycles and shit, those are "average bikers", because there's so much more of them around.

Posted: May 6, 2009 at 16:11 Quote
JokerMachine wrote:
AlCapone wrote:

Such a dumb question. Why do people make a big deal out of dragsters and monster trucks if they're not practical for the average driver? Because they're freaking awesome.

Also, DH riders and other extreme athletes are not "average bikers". People who ride Huffys and Supercycles and shit, those are "average bikers", because there's so much more of them around.
That was a dumb comparison. "Extreme drivers" aren't average drivers. Is an extreme driver going to want a dragster that breaks down half way to the finish line? Or one that weighs twice as much as the competition? By average biker I meant average DH/FRer.

Posted: May 6, 2009 at 16:16 Quote
Goddamn, I love a good analogy. lol That, however, was only ok.lol

Posted: May 11, 2009 at 17:59 Quote
dh-pete wrote:

Exactly why the diamondback design is better. Its low maintenence and not difficult to fix if you need to, but very reliable.

Personally, i dont like the whole gearbox idea at all, on any bike.

Posted: May 11, 2009 at 18:01 Quote
JokerMachine wrote:
AlCapone wrote:

That makes absolutely no sense in this context. That is not comparable to mtb.

Posted: May 12, 2009 at 10:41 Quote
redrook wrote:
Exactly why the diamondback design is better. Its low maintenence and not difficult to fix if you need to, but very reliable.

And it's not Diamondback's design...

Posted: May 12, 2009 at 10:42 Quote
redrook wrote:
That makes absolutely no sense in this context. That is not comparable to mtb.

No, it makes a lot of sense. You're just too ignorant to see it.

Posted: Jun 3, 2009 at 2:23 Quote
someone should of bought it gearbox or not theres still all the prototype parts on it like brakes, bars, hubs etc bargain!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.024059
Mobile Version of Website