Powered by Outside

Bike with 5" - 6" rear travel

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Bike with 5" - 6" rear travel
O+
Posted: Mar 18, 2009 at 22:05 Quote
cannondale4567 wrote:
I have a Reign 2, great bike. 6" of travel. The Reign X is the same bike, just with 7" of travel and different parts. I'd go with the Reign though, the 1 and 2 have nice part mixes.
definitely not the same bike cuz they have different geo and they ride a lot different...just my 2 cents

Posted: Mar 18, 2009 at 22:12 Quote
Well, same rear shock geometry, obviously the additional travel changes things, but BASICALLY the same.

Posted: Mar 18, 2009 at 22:14 Quote
between bottlerocket or reign? bottlerocket better jumper, reign x better dh'er, either bike will do a damn good job

O+
Posted: Mar 18, 2009 at 22:15 Quote
Ive heard the only difference between reign and reign x is the shocks stroke length

Mod
Posted: Mar 18, 2009 at 22:16 Quote
The Reign X is still an excellent bike in the air. I don't think I've ever really seen a BR in action when it comes to jumping and "light DH." Might have to look for a video!

Posted: Mar 18, 2009 at 22:20 Quote
i love my reign x. but a bottlerocket or a banshee wildcard sounds like the best options for you since i find my reign to have a bit to much travel for doing strictly jumps etc. you could always go for an even lower travel bike like a transition double,kona bass, or an sx (not sx trail)

Mod
Posted: Mar 18, 2009 at 22:21 Quote
srhrider07 wrote:
Ive heard the only difference between reign and reign x is the shocks stroke length

Completely different front and rear triangles, different geometry, the Reign isn't as "overbuilt" as the Reign X is and there is more headtube reinforcement on the Reign X. They look similar but they are definitely different.

Posted: Mar 18, 2009 at 22:21 Quote
yeah if you are thinking of the Bottlerocket and ur getting the fox go for the talas, i ride mine with a domain and ride with a lower travel in the fork so the travel adjust is nice. but its a great choice man if you buy a BR you will love it. but if u dont have a budget i would look at the empire 5 too i think that bike is SOO sick and would trade my BR for one

O+
Posted: Mar 18, 2009 at 22:26 Quote
laurie1 wrote:
srhrider07 wrote:

Completely different front and rear triangles, different geometry, the Reign isn't as "overbuilt" as the Reign X is and there is more headtube reinforcement on the Reign X. They look similar but they are definitely different.
They really, really don't....
And A Reign X can FLY I've seen vids of MitchT on his lol. But a Reign X/Reign are both very good options....

O+
Posted: Mar 18, 2009 at 22:30 Quote
should have looked here

https://www.pinkbike.com/forum/listcomments/?threadid=55720&pagenum=1

Posted: Mar 18, 2009 at 22:39 Quote
laurie1 wrote:
srhrider07 wrote:

I just looked up the geometry data for both bikes, the Reign X has a bigger head tube angle, and thats really the only difference in the geometry, the headube is taller too. I don't think the frame is mor reinforced either, at least not from what I can tell from the pics.

O+
Posted: Mar 18, 2009 at 22:41 Quote
cannondale4567 wrote:
laurie1 wrote:
srhrider07 wrote:

I just looked up the geometry data for both bikes, the Reign X has a bigger head tube angle, and thats really the only difference in the geometry, the headube is taller too. I don't think the frame is mor reinforced either, at least not from what I can tell from the pics.
Oh it is.... and bigger HT angle? Does that mean steeper or slacker?

O+
Posted: Mar 18, 2009 at 22:43 Quote
maybe you'd like on of these?
photo

does light dh/fr well, climbs, i don't do it often but i've taken her to dj's and she does well there too.
photo

and everyone i talk to says they are pretty stout bikes. dudes that had them and sold them say they wish they never sold em. just a suggestion. same as the sx trail almost just not as heavy. i've seen friends try to dj sxt's and the suspension just soaks everything up, they are 7 inches. on mine i just crank the fork down and stiffen it up a bit and rock it!

Posted: Mar 18, 2009 at 22:43 Quote
nishnash wrote:
cannondale4567 wrote:
laurie1 wrote:

Oh it is.... and bigger HT angle? Does that mean steeper or slacker?

Reign X is 69, and Reign is 67

O+
Posted: Mar 18, 2009 at 22:44 Quote
or maybe just get an sx

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.017100
Mobile Version of Website