Pinkbike will be undergoing scheduled maintenance on May 29 at 9pm PST for up to 6 hours. We apologize for any inconvenience caused during this time.
Powered by Outside

Kona Bikes. NO HATERS ALLOWED

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Kona Bikes. NO HATERS ALLOWED
Posted: May 22, 2009 at 13:38 Quote
Harorida123, we have a 2009 Stinky at the shop. It's a really great bike for the money! The geometry is spot on. The bike feels super solid and real plush. It can easily withstand years of riding anything from downhill trails to bike park stuff. I actually plan on buying a Stinky for myself soon. Go for it! You won't be disappointed.

O+
Posted: May 22, 2009 at 13:41 Quote
singlespeedtoday wrote:
Harorida123, we have a 2009 Stinky at the shop. It's a really great bike for the money! The geometry is spot on. The bike feels super solid and real plush. It can easily withstand years of riding anything from downhill trails to bike park stuff. I actually plan on buying a Stinky for myself soon. Go for it! You won't be disappointed.

Yeah that's actually what i've heard from a lot of riders with stinky's, that kona's geometry is really dialled! They are so much stronger than all the haters make out as well, it's just they've got to release their insecurities somewhere!!

Posted: May 22, 2009 at 13:57 Quote
i was having a discussion with my mate (rolto1822), and im thinking, do you thin its possible to put 2010 boxxer teams on it?? im going to lower the travel to about 170mm, what do u think?

btw this is for a 2007 kona coiler Razz

Posted: May 22, 2009 at 13:58 Quote
I've only ridden a stinky on a couple of occasions, but I found it to be a fun bike. What I can vouch for is their long-term reliability. Working as an mb liftie I have seen MANY older stinkys seemingly in great shape. Lots of the regulars have ridden their stinkys for years and years with no sign of the bike letting up. It's not a revolutionary bike, but I think you would find it reliable.

Posted: May 22, 2009 at 14:13 Quote
harorida123 wrote:
corey-dh wrote:
its not a great suspension design..
there are better bikes than the stinky for the money
like what
the stinky is an alright bike but a giant reign x or a glory would be a much better choice the maestro suspension platform is amazing and all giant bikes are super strong plus you get life time warrenty

Posted: May 22, 2009 at 14:18 Quote
cole-train wrote:
harorida123 wrote:
corey-dh wrote:
its not a great suspension design..
there are better bikes than the stinky for the money
like what
the stinky is an alright bike but a giant reign x or a glory would be a much better choice the maestro suspension platform is amazing and all giant bikes are super strong plus you get life time warrenty
+1

Posted: May 22, 2009 at 14:22 Quote
devojc wrote:
there are way better bikes than kona EVERYONE I KNOW WHO OWNES/OWNED A KONA COMPLETELY HATES THEM i would much rather get a norco, specialized, santa cruz,marin over any kona anyday (p.s. i am a total hater)

In soviet russia Kona hates you

Posted: May 22, 2009 at 14:25 Quote
murdoc wrote:
i was having a discussion with my mate (rolto1822), and im thinking, do you thin its possible to put 2010 boxxer teams on it?? im going to lower the travel to about 170mm, what do u think?

anyone????

Posted: May 22, 2009 at 14:28 Quote
murdoc wrote:
murdoc wrote:

anyone????
why lower the boxxers?!

Posted: May 22, 2009 at 14:30 Quote
dhrunner wrote:
photo

*snip*

If any of the Kona fanatics have ridden any respectable bikes; not just kona bikes, you'll notice a huge difference.

*snip*

Aw man where'd your yeti go. I fell in love with it when you posted it on a thread and everybody was like "how'd you save up for it". lol The flatline looks ace though! hope you have a fun time riding it.

Posted: May 22, 2009 at 14:30 Quote
no konas are awsome, you get pretty much what you pay for, they used to break, but i havent seen so many recent konas broken... i've seen some, but i've seen a broken trek session 88 and some 200 boxxers so hA! yeah its a nice bike, def get it Smile

soz for double post, and this might get locked...

EDIT: wasnt a double post

Posted: May 22, 2009 at 14:47 Quote
I'm lowering the boxxers because I really doubt the coiler frame was made to take 200mm of travel

Posted: May 22, 2009 at 14:49 Quote
murdoc wrote:
I'm lowering the boxxers because I really doubt the coiler frame was made to take 200mm of travel

why dont you get 170mm forks?

Posted: May 22, 2009 at 14:53 Quote
TyreBurningBiker wrote:
murdoc wrote:

Cause 2010 boxxers are sexy, plus hopefully ill be changing my frame come winter to something a little more DH oriantated, like a sunday or something so I could use 200mm of travel then

Posted: May 22, 2009 at 15:34 Quote
murdoc wrote:
TyreBurningBiker wrote:
murdoc wrote:

Cause 2010 boxxers are sexy, plus hopefully ill be changing my frame come winter to something a little more DH oriantated, like a sunday or something so I could use 200mm of travel then

oh ok, so can you raise the forks after lowering them?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.018289
Mobile Version of Website