What do your parents/friends not understand about bikes?

PB Forum :: Downhill
What do your parents/friends not understand about bikes?
Posted: Feb 3, 2015 at 4:11 Quote
Why I sometimes get too excited to sleep the night before travelling to a new set of trails (trail centre, DH, bike park, doesn't matter!). Just as much as I used to before Christmas as a kid.

Posted: Jul 11, 2016 at 15:59 Quote
"Why own more than one mountain bike?"

Posted: Jul 11, 2016 at 20:28 Quote
ctmtb98 wrote:
"Why own more than one mountain bike?"

Brought the thread back!

Posted: Jul 12, 2016 at 1:54 Quote
Is it just me, or do other people after a big crash (with injury) find the first thing they ride after recovery is that same trail.

Does my nut in trying to explain it to none riders

Posted: Dec 9, 2016 at 11:49 Quote
ZTSH wrote:
Is it just me, or do other people after a big crash (with injury) find the first thing they ride after recovery is that same trail.

Does my nut in trying to explain it to none riders

Always. The comment I got last time after I went straight back to conquer the section that put me in surgery was that: "What, you got back on the bike??!"

Posted: Dec 9, 2016 at 12:17 Quote
"So you went back and rode the trail that twisted an hyper extended your knee?"

"You better believe it! I'm not letting that trail get the best of me. Come ride it with me?"

"Yeah, no thanks!"

Posted: Dec 9, 2016 at 12:48 Quote
"You're buying a new bike? You snapped your frame and broke your helmet, doesn't that tell you anything?"

Yeah, I should have practiced that trick in the foam pit first!"

O+
Posted: Dec 11, 2016 at 13:06 Quote
I'm on the other side of the country to the trail that broke my first bone, but I still think about going back

Posted: Dec 15, 2016 at 0:07 Quote
Nearly cried when they removed the feature I hurt my shoulder on, was worse than not being able to ride for 6 weeks

Posted: Dec 17, 2016 at 16:23 Quote
ZTSH wrote:
Nearly cried when they removed the feature I hurt my shoulder on, was worse than not being able to ride for 6 weeks

Did it ever occur to you that they might have removed it because it wasn't safe? After I broke my collarbone on my dirt jumps, I complete rebuilt them before riding them again.

Posted: Dec 18, 2016 at 4:51 Quote
No wasn't unsafe, had been ridden for years. They just rebuild the whole trail and took it out

Posted: Dec 21, 2016 at 7:12 Quote
"you really mean to spend 3k€ on a bike? we bought a car for that much money!"

Posted: Apr 13, 2017 at 22:52 Quote
"Don't you think you are getting kind of old to be riding like that?"

Posted: Apr 17, 2017 at 12:06 Quote
You've got two bikes, why do you need another one?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.053928
Mobile Version of Website