Powered by Outside

What helmets & goggles do you use?

PB Forum :: Downhill
What helmets & goggles do you use?
Posted: Apr 18, 2021 at 23:33 Quote
Anyone knows when 100% might release a new lineup of the Aircraft Carbon MIPS helmets? 2020 models are very hard to find because thay are sold out everywhere. They just released new composite ones but no carbon yet.

Posted: Apr 20, 2021 at 2:22 Quote
Hetman64 wrote:
Anyone knows when 100% might release a new lineup of the Aircraft Carbon MIPS helmets? 2020 models are very hard to find because thay are sold out everywhere. They just released new composite ones but no carbon yet.

Let me ask and see if I can get some more information.

O+
Posted: Apr 20, 2021 at 8:53 Quote
klaus79856 wrote:
Hetman64 wrote:

Let me ask and see if I can get some more information.

100% has been slowly releasing 2021 gear. I'm guessing they're releasing as they get stuff in. I've been checking daily for new kits. I'd assume in the next few weeks as they're already pretty behind when compared to releases last year.

Posted: May 31, 2021 at 7:09 Quote
Anyone have experience with naked optics? Just came along them and really like their purple goggle.
But can't find anything in the forum about them.

https://en.nakedoptics.net/collections/bikebrillen/products/the-troop-bike-1

Thx a lot in advance.

Posted: May 31, 2021 at 20:27 Quote
I would like to hang a shingle for Kali protective.

I had a Shiva carbon, I crashed. They sent me a new one after sending in my old one.

I am really impressed by them meaning it when they offer 1 for 1 crash replacement.

Helmets nice, I have Smith goggles decent combo.

Posted: Jun 9, 2021 at 11:32 Quote
I just can't f*cking decide...

Smith Squad MTB

photo

Oakley Airbrake MTB

photo

O+
Posted: Jun 9, 2021 at 12:35 Quote
ckkone wrote:

Smith Squad MTB

photo

Oakley Airbrake MTB

photo

For what is worth:

Here is a vote for the Smith's

Posted: Jun 13, 2021 at 17:57 Quote
For looks? Smith for sure. The Oakley nosepiece looks weird being just a half circle.

O+
Posted: Jun 18, 2021 at 12:20 Quote
Going for that Tron vibe

photo

O+
Posted: Jun 19, 2021 at 6:35 Quote
Anyone know if you can get replacement visor bolts from smith?

O+
Posted: Jun 21, 2021 at 6:58 Quote
AWFAUL wrote:
Anyone know if you can get replacement visor bolts from smith?

Email them. They're usually pretty quick to respond. They will tell you if they have them or not or will find another solution. I know they're out of stock right now on several "replacement" type items so they just pulled them from their site until they're back in stock.

Posted: Jul 7, 2021 at 22:01 Quote
BMXJJ327 wrote:
ckkone wrote:

Smith Squad MTB

photo

Oakley Airbrake MTB

photo

For what is worth:

Here is a vote for the Smith's

Smith squad xl doesn't jive well with my giro disciple, but are good goggles. I think the airbrake would be a better solution for me due to the overall width dimension of the goggle.

Posted: Aug 6, 2021 at 15:06 Quote
gavstupple wrote:
I also run this combo but the helmet pushes the goggles down on my nose all the time making riding difficult, did you have any fitting issues??
Sorry for my rather delayed answer - no, I did not have any issues with fitment, although when it wasn't tight enough, frame came in contact with the helmet.

rosemarywheel wrote:
That looks great!
Thanks!

Garage161 wrote:
I’ve got a few pairs of melon goggles , started using them last year racing motocross. Good goggles with a great field of view , nice and customizable too.
Great bang for the buck, too!

fuzzydunlop wrote:
How do Bell Helmets size as i've just seen a sweet deal for a Super DH. My current helmet is a 100% aircraft in S (55/56) but the Bell small is 52-56 so is quite a spread, the medium is 55-59

Edit my head measurement is exactly 56
I'm around 56.5 and running size M. There's enough steps on the dial to squeeze out my head contents. lol
I also find the cheek pillows kinda stiff, not really a big deal. YMMV, though.

Posted: Jun 21, 2022 at 15:08 Quote
Bump. What's new in helmets guys. I went from a Bell Sanction to a 100% Status and now adding the ugliest D3 Fiberlite in the world. Hard to ride back to back days with helmet that is still soggy and wet from sweat.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.014888
Mobile Version of Website