Production Privee Owners

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Production Privee Owners
Posted: Jan 30, 2022 at 10:25 Quote
140-160mm. And it’s white too.

FL
Posted: Jan 30, 2022 at 21:40 Quote
Sounds like a good fit. Keep posting pics of your progress, please.

Posted: Feb 1, 2022 at 16:05 Quote
photo

So I spend some time with some automotive polish to get all the grime out of the paint and the 10 year old paint job really brightens up. Find an old XT rear hub and built up a wheel with a new old stock DT5.1D rim from my buddy Chaz at Deep Cove. Scoured market place and located some Guide brakes and a GX derailleur and shifter. I had to buy a new rear tire but was able to score with a bar and seat from my buddy Digger.

photo

I also found a set of Roam 50 wheels 27.5 for a case of beer. The rear rim had cracks by the eyelets but the front was in good shape. Just my luck, I was able to find a 24H Sun Charger 26in rim for $30. I guess not too many people in the market for a 24H 26in rim. So now I’ll also have a second rear wheel. All in so far less frame is $400. 90% done, just grips, front tire and a chain left.

O+
Posted: Feb 21, 2022 at 15:17 Quote
Any updates on the build, oldjoke?

A tithe for the thread, my medium Shan still running 26" and dressed up for winter with all the fenders.

photo

O+
Posted: Feb 21, 2022 at 20:44 Quote
Quite a different version of "dressed up for winter" here Smile 3" 45nrth studded tires

photo

Posted: Feb 21, 2022 at 21:39 Quote
photo
photo

So I was able to dig out a 27.5 tire and 11spd chain that I had laying around and thought boy would this look good with white grips. Wrong! I had some black Chromag grips that I was temporarily using that looked way better so I think it’s time to go visit my buddies at Chromag. Also during my hunting I came across my old buddy Dave who used to work at Syncros when it was still owned by Pippen and Pete in the early 90’s. He had (2) 26” 32H white ZTR Arch’s laying around which I got for $60. Though the bike is complete, I may have to rethink my wheel setup.
I also happened across a never mounted 26er Kashima 150 Fox 15mm thru axle for $130 which I was hoping to save for a future project but may be tempted cut and mount it onto the Shan. Decisions decisions……

FL
Posted: Feb 21, 2022 at 22:05 Quote
Looking good!
I'd keep it as is for now. Stan's Arch rims seem a little narrow and the Fox forks don't match in colour.

O+
Posted: Feb 21, 2022 at 22:39 Quote
Niiiiiiice. I’m glad I asked!

If you decide you don’t need one of those white forks I’m a willing buyer. It would be well-loved in a good home! Been wishing I had one instead of the black all winter.

Posted: Feb 22, 2022 at 19:30 Quote
pyromaniac wrote:
Looking good!
I'd keep it as is for now. Stan's Arch rims seem a little narrow and the Fox forks don't match in colour.

There’s probably only 3mm difference between the Stan’s and what I’m running DT EX5.1D now on the rear. The Roam and the Stan’s up front are identical. I still have a Sun TR27 in 26 that I was going to use in the front.
I just thought the Arch’s and Fox fork would be more of what was available back in 2012.

Posted: Feb 22, 2022 at 19:32 Quote
melanthius wrote:

If you decide you don’t need one of those white forks I’m a willing buyer. It would be well-loved in a good home! Been wishing I had one instead of the black all winter.

What’s that in front? Is that a black 160 Pike?

O+
Posted: Feb 22, 2022 at 20:50 Quote
oldjoke wrote:
melanthius wrote:

What’s that in front? Is that a black 160 Pike?

A black 150 27.5 Pike, 15x100, with Debonair air shaft and Charger 2 damper upgrades.

FL
Posted: Mar 2, 2022 at 22:49 Quote
Out for a ride with the girlfriend yesterday.

photo

photo

Posted: Mar 5, 2024 at 18:47 Quote
I see that production privee makes a crown race spacer (HS Extension) that goes under the headset (replaces the normal crown race) so you can run a shorter fork or to run 27.5 wheels, but still keep same the geometry (HTA, stack, etc.)
https://production-privee.com/products/hs-extension

Anyone use this? Did they work and stay tight? Or did they creak and shift around?

Thinking about using this on a specialized with an integrated headset to allow me to use dual 27.5" wheel setup.

FL
Posted: Mar 5, 2024 at 21:09 Quote
I did. Worked ok for me. I used it with a Cane Creek 110 bearing to compensate for a 130mm fork and it was silent (pun intended).
The bearings chamfer did not match the spacers chamfer correctly. So the bearing put a little groove in the spacer. It should fit regular bearings though.

Edit: I did however take off a bunch of material inside the spacer as the fit onto where the crown race sits seemed way too tight.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.075013
Mobile Version of Website