Powered by Outside

OneUp Dropper Sticking

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
OneUp Dropper Sticking
Posted: Nov 19, 2020 at 4:35 Quote
This worked like a charm. Thanks! Slick Honey to the rescue.

provin1327 wrote:
I noticed this issue when I first got my OneUp dropper. All I had to do was grease the bushing that's below the collar and bump the psi up to the max. Haven't had a problem since.

Here's a video on how to grease it. Make sure you are using a thin high quality grease like Slick Honey.

https://vimeo.com/289974004

Posted: Nov 19, 2020 at 9:40 Quote
Umf97 wrote:
This worked like a charm. Thanks! Slick Honey to the rescue.

provin1327 wrote:
I noticed this issue when I first got my OneUp dropper. All I had to do was grease the bushing that's below the collar and bump the psi up to the max. Haven't had a problem since.

Here's a video on how to grease it. Make sure you are using a thin high quality grease like Slick Honey.

https://vimeo.com/289974004

It will only work for a while. You will see. Sanding is the last longing solution. Now I have and xfusion and it has been trouble free. Good luck.

Posted: Feb 3, 2021 at 23:04 Quote
Hi from Spain,
sam eissue here with my One Up V2. I have been said to pump air. My question is how. Do I have to remove the saddle, unscrew the top valve and pump air up to 300 psi?

Posted: Feb 3, 2021 at 23:58 Quote
elcrowley wrote:
Hi from Spain,
sam eissue here with my One Up V2. I have been said to pump air. My question is how. Do I have to remove the saddle, unscrew the top valve and pump air up to 300 psi?

Yes, you'll have to do that but doesn't have to be 300 psi per se - just what you're comfortable with in terms of return speed. I do this about once every 2 months or so.

I have mine at 280psi.

O+
Posted: Feb 4, 2021 at 22:00 Quote
I didn't bother reading all the posts here - too long. So if this has already been said, sorry.
My one up was OK a first, not great. Return was a touch sticky but didn't effect use. With a couple muddy rides it turned shitty. I took it apart and discovered a total lack of grease. I think they sometimes come under-lubed or just dry from the factory. After this experience, I would recommend any new oneup gets pulled apart and lubed properly straight out of the box.
I think the seal on the oneup post is probably not as good as the ones on my fox posts. I try to keep it clean between rides. Use a good rear fender in the wet and intermittently pull up the collar, clean and re-apply some grease.

Posted: Feb 4, 2021 at 22:37 Quote
rahrider wrote:
I didn't bother reading all the posts here - too long. So if this has already been said, sorry.
My one up was OK a first, not great. Return was a touch sticky but didn't effect use. With a couple muddy rides it turned shitty. I took it apart and discovered a total lack of grease. I think they sometimes come under-lubed or just dry from the factory. After this experience, I would recommend any new oneup gets pulled apart and lubed properly straight out of the box.
I think the seal on the oneup post is probably not as good as the ones on my fox posts. I try to keep it clean between rides. Use a good rear fender in the wet and intermittently pull up the collar, clean and re-apply some grease.
i've owned probably 8 or so oneup droppers, only time ive had issues is over tightening the seat post clamp.
one had some play from new which oneup sent me the bigger pins fast and free.

O+
Posted: Feb 4, 2021 at 22:41 Quote
mtbtrekracer wrote:
rahrider wrote:
i've owned probably 8 or so oneup droppers, only time ive had issues is over tightening the seat post clamp.
one had some play from new which oneup sent me the bigger pins fast and free.

My post was so dry it started to wear away the anodizing. I use a torque wrench for seatoost and stem. I've had a few friends have the same issue. I have had two oneups though and only one had this problem. Easy to fix.

Posted: Feb 8, 2021 at 8:39 Quote
I have just pump air up to 300 and problem fixed

O+
Posted: Feb 8, 2021 at 21:43 Quote
If you pumped your post up to 300 and didn't lube it, I would be worried you will put unnecessary wear on the anodizing due to lack of lube.

O+
Posted: May 24, 2021 at 17:47 Quote
I also have the same issue with my V2.1 180mm dropper. It's almost completely slammed with about 10mm to go. The only way I can get it to work is to make it so loose that it slides down the last 10mm during use, even with grip paste. Might try sanding the plastic shims and see if that helps. Or just go back to the stock dropper that came with the bike...

Posted: May 24, 2021 at 18:29 Quote
Elpresidirrrte wrote:
I also have the same issue with my V2.1 180mm dropper. It's almost completely slammed with about 10mm to go. The only way I can get it to work is to make it so loose that it slides down the last 10mm during use, even with grip paste. Might try sanding the plastic shims and see if that helps. Or just go back to the stock dropper that came with the bike...

fyi sometimes this is due to cable setup not pulling the mech far enough.

O+
Posted: Jul 3, 2021 at 6:26 Quote
Hi all, appreciate the help in this thread. Have this issue with a 210 V2.

1. The “stick” was so bad and a bit of grime got in which has worn a scratch on the stantion after 3 hard rides. Emailed for solutions.

2. The bushing itself seems to have dents/damge where it interfaces with the metal pins - has anyone had this issue? Is it normal for the bushing to wear this much??

FL
Posted: Jun 29, 2022 at 14:31 Quote
rahrider wrote:

Yep — same experience with mine. Under-greased from factory. Pulled it apart, proper greasing and working flawlessly. Had same lack of grease issue with their aluminum pedals. They were squeaking like a mo fo until I pulled them apart and properly greased.

Posted: May 11, 2023 at 18:46 Quote
jaycey wrote:
Anyone else having problems with their OneUp dropper sticking?

I have the 170mm on my SC Chameleon and whenever it get dirty (British mud!) it starts to stick through its travel and not fully extend.
It is only 3 months old and before anyone asks...No the seat clamp isn't too tight, it makes no difference if I loosen it off.

The only remedy is after every wet/dirty ride is to loosen the collar, take out the white nylon plastic collet, clean the collet and around that area and re-assemble using Slick Honey. Performs as normal after that.
I have air pressure @ 280psi (that dropped off to 240 after 2 weeks also?)

I emailed OneUp and they said "it will take some time to bed in because of tight tolerances"!

Anyone else suffering?

I’ve come to the very simple and easiest conclusion. One Up droppers are complete f*cking garbage. I’ve been TRYING to run this lemon POS for less than a month and have rebuilt it going on 3 times now after today. Why? Because it simply got wet. I’m in utter amazement what absolute trash this thing is. A shit ton of maintenance, precaution and it simple seizes and/or loses compression after 3-4 rides AT MOST. Please don’t ever make bikes… I can imagine the disclaimer warning: May completely seize up and cause major bodily injury if wet. Oh, you’re from Canada or the PNW? Total crap, going to see if I can return this hunk of junk. I had a XFusion Manic that lasted entire seasons into the winter before having issues. Lost for anymore words how much I hate this product.

Posted: May 13, 2023 at 1:29 Quote
Weird. Because I've had two of them and ride in pissing wet British muddy winters and they've both worked flawlessly. I've only had to top up the psi maybe twice, and maybe wiped down the bushing and regreased it every 6 months or so

How exactly is it being wet causing it to seize up?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.028370
Mobile Version of Website