Powered by Outside

2022 Specialized FOX FLOAT X Performance

PB Forum :: Fox Racing Shox
2022 Specialized FOX FLOAT X Performance
Posted: Feb 16, 2023 at 17:18 Quote
kowalikus wrote:
Hey, sorry to bring up the topic, but i was facing the same issue. nowhere i coul purchase the knob, so i designed and printed it myself- if you want I can share the file - it works perfectlly. even without the shaft upgrade - 4 pos is better than 1Smile
photo
photo
photo

Yes I know my skin - I use a lot of hand lotion:P

Just curious if you are able to spin your knob several rotations each way? The tear drop shaft seems free to move as much as it wants. How do you know what position you are in? I assume you can feel it on the shock when there is more or less compression.

Posted: Feb 17, 2023 at 12:09 Quote
Karlwalker93 wrote:
Just fitted mine, a bit fiddly but got there in the end

Where in the Uk did you order yours? I’m trying to find it online and not having much luck
Thanks

Posted: Feb 26, 2023 at 19:16 Quote
When you install the blue adjuster knob, can it only be put on in one position. I guess test fit it at first without the balls, springs and colllars and go from there? Or am I over thinking it? The notch on top of my black plastic cap is pointed towards the lockout knob. Does anyone know what position out of the 10 positions that is in? Thanks!

O+
Posted: Feb 27, 2023 at 8:15 Quote
GavinLansden wrote:
kowalikus wrote:
Hey, sorry to bring up the topic, but i was facing the same issue. nowhere i coul purchase the knob, so i designed and printed it myself- if you want I can share the file - it works perfectlly. even without the shaft upgrade - 4 pos is better than 1Smile

Yes I know my skin - I use a lot of hand lotion:P

Just curious if you are able to spin your knob several rotations each way? The tear drop shaft seems free to move as much as it wants. How do you know what position you are in? I assume you can feel it on the shock when there is more or less compression.

Alrighty it's important to note that the knob does not have fully open or fully closed adjustment stops. The knob will continue to spin in a circle and after one full rotation, it will enter back into the same compression adjustment loop. As long as you are aware of where you are in the rotation you can adjust easily.

O+
Posted: Feb 27, 2023 at 8:16 Quote
CynMTBR wrote:
When you install the blue adjuster knob, can it only be put on in one position. I guess test fit it at first without the balls, springs and colllars and go from there? Or am I over thinking it? The notch on top of my black plastic cap is pointed towards the lockout knob. Does anyone know what position out of the 10 positions that is in? Thanks!

You might be over thinking it. The blue knob and the detent parts can be tricky to get right to allow the blue fox knob to spin freely.

They have the LSC knob upgrade process on the Fox website but it's not accessible without dealer login for some reason..

O+
Posted: Feb 27, 2023 at 15:14 Quote
Mine has adjustment stops for fully open and fully closed. When the knob was not on, even the little teardrop dial had these adjustment stops.

O+
Posted: Mar 13, 2023 at 15:11 Quote
nubbs wrote:
CynMTBR wrote:

You might be over thinking it. The blue knob and the detent parts can be tricky to get right to allow the blue fox knob to spin freely.

They have the LSC knob upgrade process on the Fox website but it's not accessible without dealer login for some reason..

Does this upgrade guide confirm that the only difference between the performance / performance elite is the lsc adjustment wheel, and the adjuster shaft / base valve assembly remains the same? Looking at the fox exploded diagrams there doesn’t seem to be two different setups.

FL
Posted: Mar 14, 2023 at 9:19 Quote
https://www.ridefox.com/fox17/help.php?m=bike&id=2846

This link should be helpful if planning to install LSC dial.

O+
Posted: Mar 14, 2023 at 9:29 Quote
bedell99 wrote:

This is amazing, thanks for posting. I would assume this also confirms no difference between performance and performance elite aside from the LSC knob.

O+
Posted: Mar 14, 2023 at 9:36 Quote
jawa wrote:
bedell99 wrote:

This is amazing, thanks for posting. I would assume this also confirms no difference between performance and performance elite aside from the LSC knob.

I believe so yes. And the shocks decals too ha

Posted: Mar 19, 2023 at 20:46 Quote
For my Trek EXe 9.7 there is a noticeable difference between the LSC open and closed, with the LSC kit installed. With it closed the suspension feels slightly firmer while pedaling. But, with it open there’s no noticeable pedal bob. With it closed, the rear wheel wanted to hop up off the ground slightly when riding uphill over 4 inch roots. With it open, the suspension soaked the root up and the wheel never left the ground. With it open you can just feel more traction everywhere.

Posted: Apr 1, 2023 at 6:55 Quote
Just fitted this to my shock.

To help get the dial over the indent balls I used a small tie wrap / zip tie to compress the balls evenly then I was able to get the dial over the balls very easily.

Posted: Apr 2, 2023 at 13:28 Quote
I just installed the LSC knob ( 808-17-470kit)on my bike ( RM Instinct A50).

I honestly do not feel any difference with LSC between fully open and fully closed.

I haven't ridden the bike yet, I have just test it in the garage while I wait for the snow to melt.
I can notice changes when I mess around with the rebound knob but nothing with the LSC knob.

That this means I need the 808-17-475 kit as well as others have mentioned?

Is this the case for everyone or am I missing something

O+ FL
Posted: Apr 4, 2023 at 8:57 Quote
Brantemon wrote:

I honestly do not feel any difference with LSC between fully open and fully closed.

I haven't ridden the bike yet, I have just test it in the garage while I wait for the snow to melt.
I can notice changes when I mess around with the rebound knob but nothing with the LSC knob.

I just installed mine the other day as well. Just bouncing it around my apartment I also can't seem to feel a difference. I suspect we both need to ride it and see how it feels. My problem is that I haven't ridden the bike in months so I literally have no frame of refence of what the shock felt like without it. But I'm interested to see how the shock feels with the LSC on full FIRM and then with it wide open. There should be a difference, I'm just not sure if I'm going to be able to tell haha.

O+
Posted: Apr 4, 2023 at 9:16 Quote
Nellus wrote:
Brantemon wrote:

I just installed mine the other day as well. Just bouncing it around my apartment I also can't seem to feel a difference. I suspect we both need to ride it and see how it feels. My problem is that I haven't ridden the bike in months so I literally have no frame of refence of what the shock felt like without it. But I'm interested to see how the shock feels with the LSC on full FIRM and then with it wide open. There should be a difference, I'm just not sure if I'm going to be able to tell haha.

I might be wrong here, and someone correct me if I’m wrong, but I would assume the base compression tune is going to affect the range of adjustment provided by the lsc knob. If your shock already comes with a light compression tune then I would guess the range of adjustment is going to be pretty narrow.

I’ve ordered a lsc adjuster to fit to my float x, with the plan to get it avalanche tuned to my weight / frame leverage curve / ride style

http://http://www.avalanchedownhillracing.com/Fox%20DHX/Fox%20Float%20X%20SSD%20Mods.htm

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.040201
Mobile Version of Website