Powered by Outside

The Spooky Metalhead thread.

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
The Spooky Metalhead thread.
Posted: Sep 12, 2014 at 12:07 Quote
Old skool!! There needs to be a 90s street bike an mtb section on this forum, the vintage/fixie forum is crap!

Sean

Posted: Feb 11, 2016 at 23:57 Quote
Awesome thread guys! Anyone still got one in 2016?

Posted: Feb 12, 2016 at 14:06 Quote
Bandwagon in the garage. Keep planning to dust off and get on the pump tracks. But don't find the time. Can be sold if you want. Won't brake like the metal heads..

Posted: Aug 27, 2016 at 6:28 Quote
Just moved and the thought my Spooky Bandwagon looked miserable and unloved in the shed. Been told by my wife that I'm never allowed to sell it so time for an upgrade. Originally bought in Yellow Jersey Cycles in Camden North London 1st October 2000 as I still have the receipt...a bit of TLC well overdue. Upgraded about 6 years ago to a triple, what a waste of time and money that was, so reverting back to a single on the front. Have already purchased some SE Landing Gear 26" rigid forks, might go for an old skool flight crank and may be upgrade to 26" wheels from the 24's that are currently on it.

photo

photo

photo

photo

photo

My 16 year old Oct 2000 Spooky Bandwagon coming out of hibernation about to undergo an 2016 upgrade....watch this space for updates

Posted: Sep 5, 2016 at 7:12 Quote
Looks great, does that have the bmx bottom bracket or had they switched to using standard ones by then?

Posted: Nov 2, 2016 at 10:14 Quote
photo

Heres my bandwagon. Modernish build, very capable around a bmx track! If you look back on this thread i owned this when i was about 15 (red paint)and i sold it, then bought it back after a refurb! Now I wouldnt part with it for love nor money.

FL
Posted: Apr 1, 2018 at 2:46 Quote
Guys I'm looking for a spooky metal head!

Posted: Dec 25, 2018 at 0:29 Quote
photo

My Spooky which I’ve owned since new

Posted: Dec 25, 2018 at 1:33 Quote
D8mok wrote:
photo

Kujos! Oh man the memories..
Love the custom discs and profiles along with the DMR chaincage aswell.

Merry Christmas

Posted: Dec 25, 2018 at 4:42 Quote
Thanks mate. It’s all same as I rode back in the day. Only difference is I had it painted and spent hours refreshing bits and pieces

Merry Xmas

Posted: Apr 24, 2019 at 9:45 Quote
Just out of curiosity, how does the Metalhead's geometry compare to modern bikes'? I can't really tell as all the Metalheads I've seen are on short travel forks or ridiculously long forks.

Posted: Oct 15, 2019 at 13:06 Quote
I'm restoring my metalhead. I bought it new in 1999 and I'm so pleased that I've kept it all this time. I decided to take off the messy original blue paint to create a stealth pump track, slalom weapon. I've customised some MR T's too which give a rat look. I'm going to lose the front brake but I'd like to install a disc on the rear.
Does anyone have a spare disc mount adapter please?

The geometry is spot on. Long front, short rear, quite laid back and beautifully balanced.

Posted: Oct 15, 2019 at 13:08 Quote
Shiny-side-up wrote:
D8mok wrote:
photo

Kujos! Oh man the memories..
Love the custom discs and profiles along with the DMR chaincage aswell.

Merry Christmas

That looks great. I have the same profile set up.

Posted: Oct 13, 2020 at 2:08 Quote
Old thread bump, but here is my Bandwagon that I built up over the summer:

photo

pwb78 wrote:
Does anyone have a spare disc mount adapter please?

I have a custom one I designed and machined up that works with IS mounts, if you are still looking?

Posted: Oct 19, 2020 at 8:21 Quote
Hi. I wanna build mine back up. (Metalhead). What brake mount do you have (TheTimeChamber)? a mount for the bombers?

I'm interested in anything brake related for these bikes as I've never had mine dialled and really should get on the case. I have the original Hayes brakes that came with mine (not the hopes). They're in a state but I think I did have a repair kit for at least one calliper knocking about I might be able to use. I have the correct / original hayes mount for the rear brake but nothing for the front (bomber qr20's).

I might get the hayes working but I'm tempted to just get some modern brakes on it some how.

Probably gonna set it up as an occasional pumptrack and jump bike.

Metalhead forever????

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.070467
Mobile Version of Website