Pinkbike will be undergoing scheduled maintenance on May 29 at 9pm PST for up to 6 hours. We apologize for any inconvenience caused during this time.
Powered by Outside

Kona Bikes. NO HATERS ALLOWED

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Kona Bikes. NO HATERS ALLOWED
Posted: May 22, 2009 at 19:01 Quote
andie2177 wrote:
will this be your first season of racing ? ,or full season ?
first season

Posted: May 22, 2009 at 19:03 Quote
singlespeedtoday wrote:
Harorida123, we have a 2009 Stinky at the shop. It's a really great bike for the money! The geometry is spot on. The bike feels super solid and real plush. It can easily withstand years of riding anything from downhill trails to bike park stuff. I actually plan on buying a Stinky for myself soon. Go for it! You won't be disappointed.
well that is really good to hear. thanks man

O+
Posted: May 22, 2009 at 19:16 Quote
shore21 wrote:
i believe that the frame has a 4 year warrany but the entire bike has 2 year's. for the o-cup it should be fine. not to much travle not to little i think it would be an exilant bike for the o cup and riding around ontario!
yes i own a stinky and also raced on it for 1 year in the GES. I hated it racing...... i'm getting a Wilson frame soon here is my bike

photo

Posted: May 22, 2009 at 19:53 Quote
corey-dh wrote:
its not a great suspension design..
there are better bikes than the stinky for the money

+1

O+
Posted: May 22, 2009 at 21:00 Quote
murdoc wrote:
I'm lowering the boxxers because I really doubt the coiler frame was made to take 200mm of travel
that had better be a joke. Put those forks on that frame, and I'll come over there and beat you with a sack full of puppies.
I don't hate Kona, I just still have some respect for RockShox.

Posted: May 23, 2009 at 0:43 Quote
i say ,you get the stinky ,do your first race ,then see what needs upgrading ,gradually upgrade it through the season ,and if your doing well at the end ,or even just fancy a change ,buy a new frame to go with all the kool parts ,

Posted: May 23, 2009 at 6:00 Quote
andie2177 wrote:
i say ,you get the stinky ,do your first race ,then see what needs upgrading ,gradually upgrade it through the season ,and if your doing well at the end ,or even just fancy a change ,buy a new frame to go with all the kool parts ,
that doesnt sound like a half bad plan. but i not a big fan of buying new frames.

Posted: May 23, 2009 at 6:14 Quote
harorida123 wrote:
andie2177 wrote:
that doesnt sound like a half bad plan. but i not a big fan of buying new frames.
then dont go and get a bike which is built on a shit frame and get stuck buying another frame when you realize stinkys are garbage

Posted: May 23, 2009 at 6:46 Quote
Oh konas are so awful.

FL
Posted: May 23, 2009 at 7:28 Quote
If you dont like konas and think stinkys are shit then go to another thread you wankers.

Posted: May 23, 2009 at 7:32 Quote
LOL.

Cant face the truth?

Posted: May 23, 2009 at 8:00 Quote
Edit: T3rr1, sorry your right it just bugs me. Write on my noteboard if you think you can prove to me why Kona's are so awful.

Mod
Posted: May 23, 2009 at 8:19 Quote
No need to start this argument again. Can it or take it to pm's.

O+
Posted: May 23, 2009 at 8:21 Quote
harorida123 wrote:
I am looking at getting a Kona Stinky 2009. i want some opinions on the bike. whether its good or bad. let me kno.
I have rode one a little bit and its alright, but Im a hardtailer so I cant name any pros or cons about the suspension. For a beginner dh/freeride bike, id say, buy it. Ignore what all these Kona Haters say, because any frame can brake, it depends how you ride it.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.049173
Mobile Version of Website