Powered by Outside

Official Calgary Riders Thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Official Calgary Riders Thread
Posted: Mar 22, 2015 at 9:04 Quote
Servicing the dorado is not horrible. I haven't worked on the brand new model but I've done several from a couple years ago. I've purchased outer leg seals from bow cycle within the last 1.5 years for a dorado, but not sure if they can get other parts.

O+
Posted: Mar 22, 2015 at 9:18 Quote
jory666 wrote:
Looking at buying a brand new Dorado Pro. Anyone have any experience with these? I've heard that Manitou doesn't have a distributor in Canada so it may be a pain in the ass to get the fork serviced, buy parts, etc...

I don't think you will have a problem. Even when they had a Canadian distributor, I lot of shops here in Calgary were dealing with them directly, because their distributor was horrible.

Posted: Mar 22, 2015 at 9:37 Quote
OK. Perfect. That's what I wanna hear. Now I've never owned an inverted fork. I'm doing as much research as possible but any input/advice from experienced Dorado owners would be appreciated. Thx, guys

O+
Posted: Mar 22, 2015 at 9:55 Quote
Its a fork pop it on get on the hills follow the recomended maintnence schedual, enjoy.

Posted: Mar 22, 2015 at 10:44 Quote
Oh don't you worry..... I will!

Posted: Mar 22, 2015 at 11:16 Quote
Pretty much what veet-88 says, its just a fork, pretty much any mid to high end fork is going to impress 99% of us. You aren't really going to notice any twistyness and the damper is fine. Just let er buck and have a hell of a time.

As with any high end fork changing the lube oil religiously is of utmost importance, it really is the difference between loving your fork and hating it. You will get ages out of a set of seals if you do an outer leg service every couple days of riding.

O+
Posted: Mar 22, 2015 at 13:33 Quote
S4 is based near montreal. The guy who runs it is awesome! Great service.

Posted: Mar 23, 2015 at 18:09 Quote
made this at work today...
there is only 3 bike tire racks made, i'll get the 4th welded on after i get more material. but thought i'd post.
photo
photo
photo
photo

O+
Posted: Mar 23, 2015 at 21:44 Quote
Nice job on the rack!

Posted: Mar 24, 2015 at 7:16 Quote
Thanks man.
It was basic to make/weld up so it was good.
Just need friends to shuttle with and to paint it. Haha
Hopefully the snow melts, can't wait to get out.

O+
Posted: Mar 24, 2015 at 8:02 Quote
Nice rack. Might I suggest a lower, horizontal piece to hold rear tires so you prevent sway?

Posted: Mar 24, 2015 at 8:24 Quote
Yeah I'll get that in.
Just wanted to build what I had cut up for metal, and I'll hopefully finish it next week and weld on the lower bar and the forth wheel holder

Posted: Mar 24, 2015 at 11:34 Quote
steeds wrote:
Thanks man.
It was basic to make/weld up so it was good.
Just need friends to shuttle with and to paint it. Haha
Hopefully the snow melts, can't wait to get out.
id love to ride with you steeds I also have a truck with rack so im not just using you ha

O+
Posted: Mar 24, 2015 at 12:06 Quote
Ill be up for riding by end of April or early may once I am recovered from surgery. I only have a lowly tailgate pad but I also have a truckSmile

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012555
Mobile Version of Website