Mechanics Quick Question Thread [Ask Questions Here]

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Mechanics Quick Question Thread [Ask Questions Here]
Posted: Apr 21, 2014 at 15:57 Quote
Does anyone know where I could get a 32mm boxxer solo air assembly? All I can find is the new 35mm assemblies.

O+
Posted: Apr 21, 2014 at 18:08 Quote
Managed to bend a derailleur limit screw riding today. Any tips on getting it out? Also, any ideas on how it happened/ how to prevent it from happening again?

Posted: Apr 21, 2014 at 19:58 Quote
nathan-purcell08 wrote:
Does anyone know where I could get a 32mm boxxer solo air assembly? All I can find is the new 35mm assemblies.

32mm parts are not the easiest to come by anymore. Is there a reason you need the whole assembly verses a service kit? Hopefully you're not going from coil to air cause that won't work very well. Try eBay for a whole assembly

Posted: Apr 22, 2014 at 3:43 Quote
Hi...just wondering how easy it is to replace a brake hose, bearing in mind I am a complete novice. I know it will have to be bleed and again I am a novice with doing this. Should I try or wait a few weeks until I have the cash to get the shop to do it. I want to learn as I am competent with most bike mechanics and it would be another feather in my cap. I should point out I am not completely changing the hose I just need to take the caliper of so I can thread it through the brake bosses on a Orange Patriot. Could anyone suggest any web sites that may be able to help.

Posted: Apr 22, 2014 at 3:50 Quote
kreature406 wrote:
Hi...just wondering how easy it is to replace a brake hose, bearing in mind I am a complete novice. I know it will have to be bleed and again I am a novice with doing this. Should I try or wait a few weeks until I have the cash to get the shop to do it. I want to learn as I am competent with most bike mechanics and it would be another feather in my cap. I should point out I am not completely changing the hose I just need to take the caliper of so I can thread it through the brake bosses on a Orange Patriot. Could anyone suggest any web sites that may be able to help.

Get you self a bleed kit from epic bleed solutions here http://www.epicbleedsolutions.com/ cheap as chips and really helpfull how to vids on his blog as well as articles on hose shortening etc.

Posted: Apr 22, 2014 at 3:54 Quote
mallorcadave wrote:
kreature406 wrote:

Get you self a bleed kit from epic bleed solutions here http://www.epicbleedsolutions.com/ cheap as chips and really helpfull how to vids on his blog as well as articles on hose shortening etc.

Thanks Mate

Posted: Apr 22, 2014 at 3:57 Quote
kreature406 wrote:
mallorcadave wrote:
kreature406 wrote:

Thanks Mate

No problems mate you can contact them on facebook here https://www.facebook.com/epicbleedsolutions?fref=ts
Alex is really helpfull if you need to ask any questions

Posted: Apr 22, 2014 at 4:45 Quote
any of you guys know what the 2014 norco aurum sizing is like? from what i can tell of the geo charts the TT length is crazy long, but i don't fully understand it.

Posted: Apr 22, 2014 at 4:58 Quote
tomcrowther wrote:
any of you guys know what the 2014 norco aurum sizing is like? from what i can tell of the geo charts the TT length is crazy long, but i don't fully understand it.

Try not to compare tt lenghts if you can as a slacker seat angle will make for a longer top tube. Always better to compare the reach as this will give a better idea as to how the bike will feel whilst being ridden.

Posted: Apr 22, 2014 at 7:36 Quote
The large is pretty damn long, i rode one around the other day.

Posted: Apr 22, 2014 at 7:46 Quote
damn. I currently ride a short voltage fr which is probably too small for me, but meh it's nice and flickable. my old bighit was a medium and that felt a tad too long. going off reach lengths i SHOULD be okay on a medium aurum, but if it's possible i'll try demo one before hand, f*ck paying like £2500 on a bike that could be the wrong size.

Posted: Apr 22, 2014 at 8:11 Quote
I rode around on a short voltage last weekend... i felt like i was on my sisters old 24", my knees were less than a cm from the stem when i pedaled. Those things are comically short.

Posted: Apr 22, 2014 at 8:21 Quote
i'm only 5ft7, so it's presumably not as bad for me than it is for you, they pop like nothing i've ever ridden before and aren't as bad at rough stuff as i thought it would be either.

Posted: Apr 22, 2014 at 10:07 Quote
byubound wrote:
Managed to bend a derailleur limit screw riding today. Any tips on getting it out? Also, any ideas on how it happened/ how to prevent it from happening again?

you might have to drill it out if it won't unscrew.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.018954
Mobile Version of Website