Mechanics Quick Question Thread [Ask Questions Here]

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Mechanics Quick Question Thread [Ask Questions Here]
Posted: Apr 22, 2014 at 10:24 Quote
Which limit screw? H,L, or B?

O+
Posted: Apr 22, 2014 at 10:31 Quote
High. Its at a solid 45 degree angle, so I'll probably have to drill it.

Posted: Apr 22, 2014 at 19:48 Quote
Hey got a interesting question! My 20mm thru axle shook its self loose a little (just enough for play in the wheel) so i loosened off the "clickerside" then the main one to take it out but its so tight its jammed in the threads of my 2011 Boxxer, any ideas? Ive tryed to loosen it off but its just gunna strip out the inner bolt holder.

Posted: Apr 22, 2014 at 20:06 Quote
sa-glory wrote:
Hey got a interesting question! My 20mm thru axle shook its self loose a little (just enough for play in the wheel) so i loosened off the "clickerside" then the main one to take it out but its so tight its jammed in the threads of my 2011 Boxxer, any ideas? Ive tryed to loosen it off but its just gunna strip out the inner bolt holder.
disassemble it with it still in the fork and stick a 10mm allen key in it.

Posted: Apr 22, 2014 at 21:03 Quote
I have another Boxxer axle related question, when I tighten the locking side, the bolt doesn't click, however, it clicks when I'm loosening the bolt. Does anyone know what's going on and how I can fix it?

Posted: Apr 22, 2014 at 21:05 Quote
david-lemieux wrote:
I have another Boxxer axle related question, when I tighten the locking side, the bolt doesn't click, however, it clicks when I'm loosening the bolt. Does anyone know what's going on and how I can fix it?
that's pretty common, I wouldn't worry about it. Just don't be a hack and tighten the shit out of it.

Posted: Apr 22, 2014 at 21:07 Quote
Alright, I didn't think it was a big deal, and yeah, I just lightly tighten it.

Posted: Apr 22, 2014 at 21:31 Quote
Pretty general question, took my bike apart completely while waiting for new parts, and to give everything a good clean and re-grease, anything else I should do or check before it goes back together?

Posted: Apr 22, 2014 at 21:35 Quote
Leedle-Leedle-Lee wrote:
Pretty general question, took my bike apart completely while waiting for new parts, and to give everything a good clean and re-grease, anything else I should do or check before it goes back together?
suspension work, wheel truing, and brake bleeding are all things that are easy to do when it's apart.

Posted: Apr 22, 2014 at 21:41 Quote
Nobble wrote:
Leedle-Leedle-Lee wrote:
suspension work, wheel truing, and brake bleeding are all things that are easy to do when it's apart.

Was thinking about lowering my argyle, so might be a good time to do that, any advice on wheel truing? Don't have a stand

Posted: Apr 22, 2014 at 21:42 Quote
Leedle-Leedle-Lee wrote:
Nobble wrote:
Leedle-Leedle-Lee wrote:

Was thinking about lowering my argyle, so might be a good time to do that, any advice on wheel truing? Don't have a stand
some people use zip ties on the fork/chainstays, I've never found it a very successful method personally.

Posted: Apr 22, 2014 at 22:57 Quote
Nobble wrote:
sa-glory wrote:
disassemble it with it still in the fork and stick a 10mm allen key in it.
Hey know what you mean with the 10mm key but its not the bolt head its the stupid plastic part inside the axle, still cant get it out thou

Posted: Apr 23, 2014 at 6:47 Quote
Nobble wrote:
Leedle-Leedle-Lee wrote:
Nobble wrote:

some people use zip ties on the fork/chainstays, I've never found it a very successful method personally.
I generally just eyeball it on each side. Find the spot that's out and tweak it till it goes back in true. Highs and lows I never learned how so I got my LBS to do it for 10$

Posted: Apr 23, 2014 at 7:11 Quote
the last 1 I needed dove was the back of my gf's 29er. I took it to lbs and they put it in the stand. they took 1 look at it and said it was 1 step away from taco, you did this not her, right?...I f'ed that wheel up it looked like a snake slithering....yep I crashed out off a snow bank jump. they guy took it out of the stand, smashed it flat on it's side against the bench 4 or 5 times. then back in the stand, played with the spokes a bit, spun it and gave it back. not exactly an art form...was 10 or 15 $$$

Posted: Apr 23, 2014 at 8:10 Quote
Wondering if I can increase the travel on my 2012 rock shox revelation rl 29r from 120-140mm without too much difficulty? Thanks

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.022073
Mobile Version of Website