Official Calgary Riders Thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Official Calgary Riders Thread
Posted: Mar 27, 2015 at 13:07 Quote
Ok cool, well send me a message when your down to try it out.

Posted: Mar 27, 2015 at 13:43 Quote
Was there yesterday. The new line at to top of the main line is good to go. Also the first jump on the main line is good

Posted: Mar 27, 2015 at 14:00 Quote
I'm going to need a couple of weeks to build it and get the gimbal calibrated for my sensor suite anyway. Anyone interested shoot me a PM so I can contact you when it's good to go.

Posted: Mar 29, 2015 at 10:20 Quote
Hey Dudes and Doodads!

I was out riding yesterday (Hallelujah) and noticed that all the other trucks that were also present were using these hitch receiver 4 bike bike racks from Rat Racks..

They look like they work way better then the tail gate cover I was using and was just wondering if anyone knew where I can get one? or the dude that makes them.. I tried finding the website that was on the bike racks but couldn't get the website to work...

Unless these bike racks are an elite club..

O+
Posted: Mar 29, 2015 at 10:24 Quote
He used to have a website but I cant seem to find it anymore. I was told it was a local guy that was building them on the side. Not sure if he still does or not. Another alternative is North Shore Racks. They even make a 6 bike rack. A 4 bike will run about 600 bucks.

Posted: Mar 29, 2015 at 10:37 Quote
easy to build forsure.
thats what i just am in the process of building.
if i had all the metal, it would take less then 30 minutes to weld up.

Posted: Mar 29, 2015 at 23:02 Quote
Guy that makes them is a local guy, really nice guy so just give him a hollar on here. He is under the name ratman (racks were called rat racks)

https://www.pinkbike.com/u/ratman/

Hope that helps.

SparkyPete wrote:
Hey Dudes and Doodads!

I was out riding yesterday (Hallelujah) and noticed that all the other trucks that were also present were using these hitch receiver 4 bike bike racks from Rat Racks..

They look like they work way better then the tail gate cover I was using and was just wondering if anyone knew where I can get one? or the dude that makes them.. I tried finding the website that was on the bike racks but couldn't get the website to work...

Unless these bike racks are an elite club..

Posted: Mar 31, 2015 at 22:26 Quote
Hi Calgary!
Wednesday, April 1, 2015 (from 6:00 – 8:30 at the Calgary French and International School, 700 77 St. S.W) is the last info session regarding the proposed development of the East Paskapoo Slopes (AKA Eastlands). East Paskapoo slopes is among the best singletrack in Calgary where many cyclists, walkers and runners enjoy the outdoors. It is located just East of Canada Olympic Park, near 16 Avenue NW and Sarcee Trail.
Trinity Development Group’s plan is to develop part of the East Paskapoo Slopes/Eastlands and put up a mall, townhouses/condos, retail, office space, hotels and parking. A concept plan of the development can be found here:
http://www.cmbalink.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/Trinity-Hills-Concept-Plan-2.png

Trinity Development may give some of the land back to the city and it may turn into a park, your opinion on the land and its use matters to the city. Attending the info session on April 1, 2015 would be beneficial to providing feedback to the city.
June 20, 2015 is the target date for the Public Hearing of Council, which you may attend and speak to the council for 5 minutes or write to the council, before they finalize the decision.

Additionally, to provide the city with input/feedback, please the City of Calgary website at: http://www.calgary.ca/engage/Pages/Trinity-Paskapoo.aspx
And click on the “Provide Your Input” tab. From there the following info is provided:
1. Attend an upcoming information session:
Date: Wednesday, April 1, 2015
Location Calgary French and International School, 700 77 St. S.W.
Time: Drop by any time between 6 to 8:30 p.m.

This is your opportunity to see the revised proposal from Trinity Development Group. We'd like to update you on how your feedback has been used, what has changed in the application, and next steps in the approvals process.

2. Contact City Staff: You can contact the planner working on this file directly:
• David Couroux, Senior Planner
• Phone: 403-268-1392
• Email: David.Couroux@Calgary.ca
3. Comment on this Webpage:
The public comments section at the bottom of this webpage is being monitored by City staff. Comments are moderated and must comply with The City’s Terms of Use.

4. Public Hearing of Council:
A public hearing will be held by City Council before they make a decision on the proposal.

OTHER LINKS:
West Springs Cougar Ridge Community Association’s “Trinity Paskapoo” development website contains maps and info in a downloadable .ZIP file:
http://wscr.ca/development/trinity-paskapoo/

Some people want to save the slopes and have created a website:
http://savetheslopes.org/

It would be useful to converse with the city and let them know what you would like to happen to the land and/or parts of it, should the development proceed or not.

I will be at the last information session, hope you will join me!
Thanks!

Posted: Apr 2, 2015 at 18:44 Quote
Rsco wrote:
Hi Calgary!
Wednesday, April 1, 2015 (from 6:00 – 8:30 at the Calgary French and International School, 700 77 St. S.W) is the last info session regarding the proposed development of the East Paskapoo Slopes (AKA Eastlands). East Paskapoo slopes is among the best singletrack in Calgary where many cyclists, walkers and runners enjoy the outdoors. It is located just East of Canada Olympic Park, near 16 Avenue NW and Sarcee Trail.
Trinity Development Group’s plan is to develop part of the East Paskapoo Slopes/Eastlands and put up a mall, townhouses/condos, retail, office space, hotels and parking. A concept plan of the development can be found here:
http://www.cmbalink.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/Trinity-Hills-Concept-Plan-2.png

Trinity Development may give some of the land back to the city and it may turn into a park, your opinion on the land and its use matters to the city. Attending the info session on April 1, 2015 would be beneficial to providing feedback to the city.
June 20, 2015 is the target date for the Public Hearing of Council, which you may attend and speak to the council for 5 minutes or write to the council, before they finalize the decision.

Additionally, to provide the city with input/feedback, please the City of Calgary website at: http://www.calgary.ca/engage/Pages/Trinity-Paskapoo.aspx
And click on the “Provide Your Input” tab. From there the following info is provided:
1. Attend an upcoming information session:
Date: Wednesday, April 1, 2015
Location Calgary French and International School, 700 77 St. S.W.
Time: Drop by any time between 6 to 8:30 p.m.

This is your opportunity to see the revised proposal from Trinity Development Group. We'd like to update you on how your feedback has been used, what has changed in the application, and next steps in the approvals process.

2. Contact City Staff: You can contact the planner working on this file directly:
• David Couroux, Senior Planner
• Phone: 403-268-1392
• Email: David.Couroux@Calgary.ca
3. Comment on this Webpage:
The public comments section at the bottom of this webpage is being monitored by City staff. Comments are moderated and must comply with The City’s Terms of Use.

4. Public Hearing of Council:
A public hearing will be held by City Council before they make a decision on the proposal.

OTHER LINKS:
West Springs Cougar Ridge Community Association’s “Trinity Paskapoo” development website contains maps and info in a downloadable .ZIP file:
http://wscr.ca/development/trinity-paskapoo/

Some people want to save the slopes and have created a website:
http://savetheslopes.org/

It would be useful to converse with the city and let them know what you would like to happen to the land and/or parts of it, should the development proceed or not.

I will be at the last information session, hope you will join me!
Thanks!

I didn't get a chance to make it last night. What was said?

O+
Posted: Apr 4, 2015 at 13:00 Quote
Anybody have a 9 SPD SRAM shifter they are willing to sell. Already checked the buy/sell not much there. Just broke mine the other day and can't afford a new one. Thanks

Posted: Apr 4, 2015 at 14:18 Quote
Kingfish I'll take a look at a place I know on Tuesday. Not sure how picky you are but it'll likely be an X5 shifter, I know there's a lot of Acera stuff, not sure on SRAM though (it's where I got my second hand Acera Rear Derailleur after I laid my bike down and broke the Alivio I had on it). depending on the condition of it it'll probably be like $5-15-ish.

O+
Posted: Apr 4, 2015 at 15:06 Quote
Cool thanks. And I'm not too picky right now as long as it works with my x9 rear derailleur.

O+
Posted: Apr 8, 2015 at 21:09 Quote
Where's everyone riding at the moment? I went for a pedal on some trails by bowness park for a quick fix tonight, it was alright, still a touch of snow. Anyone been riding at the eastlands or anywhere else in the NW?

Posted: Apr 9, 2015 at 11:50 Quote
mikestewart wrote:
Where's everyone riding at the moment? I went for a pedal on some trails by bowness park for a quick fix tonight, it was alright, still a touch of snow. Anyone been riding at the eastlands or anywhere else in the NW?

I have been riding Nose Hill every weekend since the start of March. It has been 99% dry every time, but I am pretty familiar with it so I know the wet spots to avoid. There is decent xc singletrack if you know where to look.

I'm thinking of heading to West Bragg this weekend. I don't have a fatbike (yet) so I haven't been there since October. Anyone have an update on West Bragg Creek for non-fatbikers?

Posted: Apr 9, 2015 at 14:15 Quote
This was up this morning re West Bragg :

"Rode Merlin view this morning. Did not realize they had 16cm of snow on Tues. A little before 10, +2 at carpark but mostly frozen in the trees. Walked the first crap show for 100m as sun was on it. So a lot of the bone dry stuff from last weekend is snow/ice covered and will get greasy/ muddy as it warms. First switch back up Merlin was a quagmire or one to be and a couple of others further up depending on sun exposure. Walked a number of small sections even if still mostly frozen. Thanks to those riding and leaving the deep frozen ruts, really not going to work for anyone long term but hey, I'm sure it's all about you in your world. Anyway sadly the new snow will melt and make this weekend worse than last, I had hoped for vice versa."

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.019743
Mobile Version of Website