Powered by Outside

Canyon Owners Club

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Canyon Owners Club
Posted: Oct 22, 2022 at 0:14 Quote
thegb1212 wrote:
sh00kre wrote:
For Spectral cf 2017 model does anybody know can i put dropper post longer then 420mm (which Canyon states as maximum length). I want to change Reverb 125 for other brand and 150mm travel.

What they are likely listing is the maximum insertion length of seat post into the frame before it bottoms out (there is also typically a minimum for safety). Vital MTB has a good write up on a bunch of dropper posts and how they all measure compared to each other.

Easiest way to find out how much more drop you can fit is to take the measurement from the top of the seat post clap to the seat rails and see what post is the closest (check the vital comparison). Many posts allow you to shim the travel down slightly if you are in between sizes.
I ordered Highline 7 150mm so will see if i measured correctly, thanks!

edit: it goes in

Posted: Nov 4, 2022 at 7:47 Quote
Has anyone replaced all the frame bearings on their 2018-2020 canyon spectral AL frame? Canyon doesn’t have a product number for a kit that contains all the bearings, but they do have separate products with different bearings for the bike. If anyone knows the specific product numbers for all the bearings I’d really appreciate you sharing them. Thanks

Posted: Dec 21, 2022 at 4:24 Quote
schwaaa31 wrote:
Question about the newer model Spectrals. Does anyone know if it's possible to long shock them to get roughly 160mm travel in the rear?

I fitted a 230x65 shock on my spectral Al 27.5 and on max travel, I have about 12mm reserve between the rear and the seat tube

photo

Posted: Dec 28, 2022 at 4:35 Quote
Hello everyone and Merry Christmas!
I ride on Canyon Spectral 125 CF7 2022
A couple of days after the purchase, a clicking sound appeared when pedaling under load. I couldn't figure out where he came from. Everything is tightened, the components havn't been changed. After about 1000 km of mileage, I noticed such a defect. I hear that this has already happened to Spectral CF owners. How to determine for sure that this is a frame defect, and not a crack on the varnish?
photo

Posted: Dec 28, 2022 at 10:11 Quote
Does this one have Shimano or SRAM groupset? The Shimano 12 speed requires a small almost plastic type washer behind the cassette as it mounts onto the MS body. Mine was missing this from factory and caused a clicking and sometimes creaking sound. It’s a mega easy fix and something really silly that drove me insane until I found it out but it’s worth checking if it is.

Posted: Dec 28, 2022 at 10:51 Quote
tiunov wrote:
Hello everyone and Merry Christmas!
I ride on Canyon Spectral 125 CF7 2022
A couple of days after the purchase, a clicking sound appeared when pedaling under load. I couldn't figure out where he came from. Everything is tightened, the components havn't been changed. After about 1000 km of mileage, I noticed such a defect. I hear that this has already happened to Spectral CF owners. How to determine for sure that this is a frame defect, and not a crack on the varnish?

If you join Spectral owners on FB youll see this was a defect on frames from release of the mullet in 2021 to approx june ish 2022.

The Bonding agent between the CF and the BB insert is cracking. - Canyon will replace the frame.

Posted: Jan 25, 2023 at 2:00 Quote
I've been reading through this thread regarding MY2019+ Canyon Strive suspension adjustments. I want to 'modernise' my MY2020 Strive CF7 and make it a little more bike-park friendly.

My plan is as follows:-

Fit a RS Super Deluxe Ultimate Coil shock with an increased 65mm stroke (standard being 60)
Fit a set of offset bushings to reduce HTA by 1 degree
Fit a Reverse Components 0.5 degree angle spacer to my fork
Run either a 170mm or 180mm air shaft in my Lyrik fork which should reduce HTA by a further 0.5-1.0 degree.

i know that the 65mm stroke shock will work on size large or XL strive frames (there is enough clearance), but i am not sure what effect the offset bushings would have (if any) in respect of reducing/increasing clearance.

If I could get away with fitting all of it, the offset bushings should help to offset the BB height increase of the longer travel fork and angle spacer, so hopefully the STA will remain broadly the same (still too damn slack), but the HTA will get slacker to approx 63.5 degrees which compares with the 63 degrees of the 2023 model Strive.

will this work?

Posted: Jan 29, 2023 at 8:42 Quote
The front triangle is made from one piece. If you make HA slacker with longer fork travel, angle spacer and offset bushings, the ST will slacken the same amount as the HA.

Posted: Jan 29, 2023 at 8:58 Quote
I'd look at a offset headset options before using offset bushings, as mentioned offset bushings slacken the seat angle and can be prone to rotating out of position. The headset option will reduce the head angle without affecting seat angle (it actually steepens it by a miniscule amount). There will be a small decrease in reach (generally 3 to 6mm depending on how many degrees offset you use) It's worth looking at works components and wolf tooth to see if they have an option to fit.

Posted: Feb 8, 2023 at 8:45 Quote
Hi everyone, I own a 2021 Canyon Strive Cf 7 and wanted to ask a question about how you all deal with servicing your rear shock. Canyon offers a 'specialized' press for this for $20 (+$10 shipping) but I was wondering if anyone has good experience with using a different type of tool to remove the rear shock.

Thanks!

Posted: Feb 9, 2023 at 8:38 Quote
tdbh wrote:
Hi everyone, I own a 2021 Canyon Strive Cf 7 and wanted to ask a question about how you all deal with servicing your rear shock. Canyon offers a 'specialized' press for this for $20 (+$10 shipping) but I was wondering if anyone has good experience with using a different type of tool to remove the rear shock.

Thanks!

I’ve had this and just used the Canyon tool. It’s a pain to have to use a tool to remove the rear shock and not ideal that they don’t supply it but probably best to use the correct tool for the job rather than try and bodge it and cause damage.

Posted: Feb 13, 2023 at 14:12 Quote
tdbh wrote:

Thanks!

Whilst I agree you shouldnt bodge it like the user below said, I just hit the top part with a bolt that can go through and a hammer. Never had an issue and to put it back is as simple as pushing it back with your hands.

Posted: Feb 13, 2023 at 14:13 Quote
Hi guys I own a strive CF8 2021, and I was wondering what the reach number is on the size medium frame.

Canyon says it's 413 but everywhere else says it's 440 and I'm rather confused.

Posted: Feb 13, 2023 at 18:10 Quote
Thanks both of you commenting on this, appreciate the input. I'll see if I can find Canyon's tool available and if not, maybe figure it out myself with a hammer Wink

*FYI the Strive press tool is in stock again just ordered one 2/13/2023

Posted: Feb 14, 2023 at 7:24 Quote
ZhengZL wrote:
Hi guys I own a strive CF8 2021, and I was wondering what the reach number is on the size medium frame.

Canyon says it's 413 but everywhere else says it's 440 and I'm rather confused.

I've ridden my friends medium, it definitely isn't 418. I've only seen it listed as 440.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.021815
Mobile Version of Website