show off your Santa Cruz

PB Forum :: Santa Cruz
show off your Santa Cruz
Posted: Jun 1, 2020 at 13:09 Quote
scjeremy wrote:
Do C still have good resale value like the CC frames or does no one want them secondhand?

Yes. I’ve ridden and flipped 4 SC bikes. They are like the Toyota Tacomas of the bike world. Probably the easiest resale bike on the market regardless of c or cc. IMO[/Quote]

same here. First was an aluminum one, 2nd was a CC one, 3rd was a C. Now on a C. I cannot tell a difference in frame stiffness between the 2.

Posted: Jun 1, 2020 at 13:14 Quote
gmoss wrote:
scjeremy wrote:
Do C still have good resale value like the CC frames or does no one want them secondhand?

Yes. I’ve ridden and flipped 4 SC bikes. They are like the Toyota Tacomas of the bike world. Probably the easiest resale bike on the market regardless of c or cc. IMO

same here. First was an aluminum one, 2nd was a CC one, 3rd was a C. Now on a C. I cannot tell a difference in frame stiffness between the 2.[/Quote]

Are the shock tunnels the same diameter on the c as cc? Heard it's a squeeze getting an elevensix in there.

Posted: Jun 1, 2020 at 13:19 Quote
Danzzz88 wrote:
gmoss wrote:
scjeremy wrote:

Yes. I’ve ridden and flipped 4 SC bikes. They are like the Toyota Tacomas of the bike world. Probably the easiest resale bike on the market regardless of c or cc. IMO

same here. First was an aluminum one, 2nd was a CC one, 3rd was a C. Now on a C. I cannot tell a difference in frame stiffness between the 2.

Are the shock tunnels the same diameter on the c as cc? Heard it's a squeeze getting an elevensix in there.[/Quote]

Push fits fine on a megatower large cc frame

Posted: Jun 1, 2020 at 13:26 Quote
christiaan wrote:
Danzzz88 wrote:
gmoss wrote:

Are the shock tunnels the same diameter on the c as cc? Heard it's a squeeze getting an elevensix in there.

Push fits fine on a megatower large cc frame[/Quote]

I will probably be getting a medium. Is this what you are running personally? Would be interesting to know how it feels compared to a downhill bike. A guy in the Capra forums said a Nomad and DHX2 feels better than some downhill bikes and will give me the closest feel of any enduro bike to a dh, so a Megatower with Push should be even better. But maybe there was some exaggeration on his part. Does the push solve all the issues the reviews had would you say?

Posted: Jun 1, 2020 at 13:31 Quote
Wow just had a look at Christiaan's profile that guy has some ridiculously expensive bikes, like a Megatower with enves, 11-6, axs and ee-wings. Dude must have like 100k in bikes. So please spill the beans man, does that Megatower you built feel like a downhill bike?

Posted: Jun 1, 2020 at 13:35 Quote
gmoss wrote:
scjeremy wrote:

I've owned 18 Santa Cruz bikes in the last 15 years. Never hard to sell.

Posted: Jun 1, 2020 at 13:43 Quote
I’m building #7 Santa Cruz frame now.

No problems reselling ever.

Posted: Jun 1, 2020 at 14:37 Quote
Danzzz88 wrote:
Wow just had a look at Christiaan's profile that guy has some ridiculously expensive bikes, like a Megatower with enves, 11-6, axs and ee-wings. Dude must have like 100k in bikes. So please spill the beans man, does that Megatower you built feel like a downhill bike?

That is hard to say, not had a chance to ride it in the Alps yet,due to obvious reasons.... feel like a dh bike.....? Well it rides really well even on more mellow stuff and with a 170mm fork, but the real test is yet to come. Although a dh will still Feel different I feel

Posted: Jun 1, 2020 at 23:11 Quote
with recent interest in racing for mullet bikes (with 2 out of 3 syndicate guys having 29/27 on their v10s with custom links to bring up the bb) I reached out to cascade components regarding mullet link machined for MT. They didn't categorically deny the idea and mentioned they'll look into it. Something to consider if you are worried MT is slightly too racy for jibbing. I am running mine with 27 rear. For enduro racing on our flat'ish tracks (finland) I'd go 2929, but for fun I pref mx setup.

Posted: Jun 2, 2020 at 9:11 Quote
bikefuturist wrote:
with recent interest in racing for mullet bikes (with 2 out of 3 syndicate guys having 29/27 on their v10s with custom links to bring up the bb) I reached out to cascade components regarding mullet link machined for MT. They didn't categorically deny the idea and mentioned they'll look into it. Something to consider if you are worried MT is slightly too racy for jibbing. I am running mine with 27 rear. For enduro racing on our flat'ish tracks (finland) I'd go 2929, but for fun I pref mx setup.

Was going to ask him the same thing, a mullet link to give 190mm travel like the Nomad link or even full on dh 200mm travel would be awesome, only trouble would be it's a lot of money for only being able to use a 27.5 at the back, if you wanted to change back to 29 you would either have to put the stock link back or purchase a second Cascade link for 29.

200mm travel mullet though sounds right up my street, I wouldn't even consider buying the Capra 29 if Cascade offered that for the Megatower.

Posted: Jun 2, 2020 at 10:57 Quote
A nomad at 200mm is basically a v10.

Why not just get a full on DH?

Posted: Jun 2, 2020 at 11:06 Quote
fredro wrote:

I was thinking the same

Posted: Jun 2, 2020 at 11:23 Quote
tkrumroy wrote:
fredro wrote:

I was thinking the same

I would but don't want or have the space for 2 bikes really. Rather have one bike that can do it all and top spec than two bikes of base level spec. A Megatower with that much travel would be great as long as it pedals the same which it should pretty much, but then can slay the bike parks and dh tracks at the weekends.

Posted: Jun 2, 2020 at 11:42 Quote
christiaan wrote:
Danzzz88 wrote:
gmoss wrote:

Push fits fine on a megatower large cc frame[/Quote]

If I recall it is just that push's own spring is a bit wide on the center. If that becomes a problem you can just use another brand's springs and the shock fits fine

Posted: Jun 2, 2020 at 11:46 Quote
bikefuturist wrote:
christiaan wrote:
Danzzz88 wrote:

Push fits fine on a megatower large cc frame

If I recall it is just that push's own spring is a bit wide on the center. If that becomes a problem you can just use another brand's springs and the shock fits fine[/Quote]

Yea I'm gonna be getting a medium frame so hope it fits. Mind you I rather put a fox sls or Ohlins spring on anyway as they look cooler, only thing is apparently push partially designed their spring so it doesn't rub away at the shock body under compression. Not found any pictures online with an Elevensix and an aftermarket spring, heard about it but can't find any to see how it looks...

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.016709
Mobile Version of Website