Powered by Outside

show off your Santa Cruz

PB Forum :: Santa Cruz
show off your Santa Cruz
Posted: Jun 2, 2020 at 12:42 Quote
Danzzz88 wrote:
bikefuturist wrote:
christiaan wrote:

Are the shock tunnels the same diameter on the c as cc? Heard it's a squeeze getting an elevensix in there.

Push fits fine on a megatower large cc frame

If I recall it is just that push's own spring is a bit wide on the center. If that becomes a problem you can just use another brand's springs and the shock fits fine

Yea I'm gonna be getting a medium frame so hope it fits. Mind you I rather put a fox sls or Ohlins spring on anyway as they look cooler, only thing is apparently push partially designed their spring so it doesn't rub away at the shock body under compression. Not found any pictures online with an Elevensix and an aftermarket spring, heard about it but can't find any to see how it looks...[/Quote]

Friend of mine runs a als spring on his push shock, no problems at all

Posted: Jun 2, 2020 at 13:00 Quote
christiaan wrote:
Danzzz88 wrote:
bikefuturist wrote:

Push fits fine on a megatower large cc frame

If I recall it is just that push's own spring is a bit wide on the center. If that becomes a problem you can just use another brand's springs and the shock fits fine

Yea I'm gonna be getting a medium frame so hope it fits. Mind you I rather put a fox sls or Ohlins spring on anyway as they look cooler, only thing is apparently push partially designed their spring so it doesn't rub away at the shock body under compression. Not found any pictures online with an Elevensix and an aftermarket spring, heard about it but can't find any to see how it looks...

Friend of mine runs a als spring on his push shock, no problems at all[/Quote]

Wanted to ask you btw since you own a lot of bikes and have experience with Push and other shocks, is the Elevensix noticeably better than the Dhx2, because at least with the spring off the Elevensux is very difficult to compress like there is way too much damping or IFP backpressure but the Fox's are easy to compress by hand, does that translate to the trail and the Push feeling harsher over small bumps and square edge hits?

O+
Posted: Jun 2, 2020 at 14:13 Quote
Danzzz88 wrote:
tkrumroy wrote:
fredro wrote:
A nomad at 200mm is basically a v10.

Why not just get a full on DH?

I was thinking the same

I would but don't want or have the space for 2 bikes really. Rather have one bike that can do it all and top spec than two bikes of base level spec. A Megatower with that much travel would be great as long as it pedals the same which it should pretty much, but then can slay the bike parks and dh tracks at the weekends.

I ride my Hightower with a push shock and a 160mm fork at the Mtn so I am sure the Megatower will have no issues.

Posted: Jun 2, 2020 at 14:33 Quote
Are the Push shocks worth it or no different to a DHX2? Contemplating whether it's worth keeping the one I got for the Capra as it fits the Megatower too.

O+
Posted: Jun 2, 2020 at 14:42 Quote
Danzzz88 wrote:
Are the Push shocks worth it or no different to a DHX2? Contemplating whether it's worth keeping the one I got for the Capra as it fits the Megatower too.

I am sure it is a great shock and I am sure someone could recommend a different shock they think is better. For me I feel the push shock is one of the best shocks I have ever ridden. I love having two completely different settings at a flick of a switch. One that is very poppy that I use for riding the trails and one that is way more plush that is for the chairlift days. Is it the lightest shock?? Of course not. Just don’t be a puss on a climb and get out the saddle and get to the top and enjoy the down.

O+
Posted: Jun 2, 2020 at 14:43 Quote
krumpdancer101 wrote:
Danzzz88 wrote:

Just don’t be a puss on a climb and get out the saddle and get to the top and enjoy the down.

This^^

Posted: Jun 2, 2020 at 14:52 Quote
For the money it should be the best period though, I bought it for people saying it erases the terrain not for the lockout 2 settings feature, not fussed about how a bike climbs tbh. But if it doesn't perform any better than a dhx2 or ohlins and create that magic carpet feel a downhill bike does then it isn't worth it imo as it's less adjustable and cost a fortune to get it retuned and fitted to a different frame. I'm expecting a lot from this shock after the amount it cost.

O+
Posted: Jun 2, 2020 at 15:12 Quote
fair enough. I had an 11.6 a while ago on a og hightower, didn't really find it anymore amazing than a cane creek DB coil, so couldn't justify keeping it and sold it to a friend, but people really seem to love theirs. Haven't had one in direct comparison to a DHX2 but i have a DHX2 on my current bike and its really good, i have mine tuned for more mid-stroke support but the top end is so supple. I don't think you can really go wrong, if you've already bought the 11.6 may as well keep it, but i think the big selling point of the 11.6 is being able to have Push tune it exactly how you want it on the bike of your choice, so it might not be what youre after if you have it tuned for a capra and it'll cost a good bit to get it retuned for a mega tower. that being said, i dont think you'll be missing out on getting the tune you want out of a dhx2, etc, especially if you dont really care about the 2-settings-that-aren't-a-lockout feature.

Posted: Jun 2, 2020 at 15:22 Quote
newbermuda wrote:
fair enough. I had an 11.6 a while ago on a og hightower, didn't really find it anymore amazing than a cane creek DB coil, so couldn't justify keeping it and sold it to a friend, but people really seem to love theirs. Haven't had one in direct comparison to a DHX2 but i have a DHX2 on my current bike and its really good, i have mine tuned for more mid-stroke support but the top end is so supple. I don't think you can really go wrong, if you've already bought the 11.6 may as well keep it, but i think the big selling point of the 11.6 is being able to have Push tune it exactly how you want it on the bike of your choice, so it might not be what youre after if you have it tuned for a capra and it'll cost a good bit to get it retuned for a mega tower. that being said, i dont think you'll be missing out on getting the tune you want out of a dhx2, etc, especially if you dont really care about the 2-settings-that-aren't-a-lockout feature.

This is the thing I came to learn with the Push shock, I think they are actually less customizable as Push won't let the rider deviate too much from what they recommend. I'm lucky in that according to the guy at Cascade the leverage ratios between the Capra and Megatower are similiar and he said that determines the average shaft speed and ultimately how a shock is damped and tuned so it should work fine. But what I realised is when I bought my Push I was asked what bike is it for, what us you're riding weight and how agressive do you ride. So the guy at sadfleback says I've got one here all ready to go for your weight in a mid tune, I go I want it set up as plush as possible, he goes well the lower tune is not revommended with that spring rate for your weight. So basically the Push is adapted to the leverage rate of the bike then your stuck with whatever tune is recommended for the spring rate that is also recommended for your weight and that's it, no deviation whatsoever. This was in stark contrast to when I spoke to TFtuned about an Ohlins, the guy was on the phone for nearly an hour to me talking about options, saying what's my weight, how and where do I ride, how does the shock I feel atm, what does it do or not do you like or dislike, what do you want the shock to feel like, poppy, supple, more midstroke ect ect and saying he can tune it just for how 'I' want it. But anyway I got the Push on a deal for £720 and the Ohlins was £800 so at the time it felt like a no brainer.

O+
Posted: Jun 2, 2020 at 15:36 Quote
If I ever get another shock for my bike it will be a EXT STORIA LOK.

Posted: Jun 2, 2020 at 15:41 Quote
krumpdancer101 wrote:

Saw those, people rave about them too, only thing that put me off them is they look like some random cheap chinese no brand shock, not half as bling as an Ohlins. Have to say this Push shock aside from performance I'm yet to determine the machining quality is second to nothing I've seen in the bike world, not a single burr, scratch, blemish or dent ehen I recieved it, the machining is top quality.

Also a lot of people seem to go for the Storia over the Arma, is that for the lockout ability?

O+
Posted: Jun 2, 2020 at 18:39 Quote
krumpdancer101 wrote:
I took the plunge on my current setup. I’ve never used a 11/6 but the EXT blows the DHX2 out of the water. No comparison. It’s on another level.

Posted: Jun 2, 2020 at 18:44 Quote
scjeremy wrote:
krumpdancer101 wrote:
I took the plunge on my current setup. I’ve never used a 11/6 but the EXT blows the DHX2 out of the water. No comparison. It’s on another level.

And to think I fitted an old arguably faulty and worn fox dhx5 on my Yeti SB6 and felt that blew the Float X that came on the bike out of the water, these modern bikes with Push's and EXT's must feel incredible. Still wondering how they compare to a downhill bike though, the rental Saracen Myst at revilution bike park I borrowed blew my Yeti out of the water... I got on it and initially thought damn this coil is way too stiff, it barely moved bobbing up and down on the frame but soon as I rode it was like riding on a cloud compared to the Yeti...strange.

O+
Posted: Jun 2, 2020 at 18:47 Quote
scjeremy wrote:
krumpdancer101 wrote:

What about it? i think there’s a storia lok v3 on the buysell nearby that’s tuned for my frame...

O+
Posted: Jun 2, 2020 at 18:50 Quote
Danzzz88 wrote:
scjeremy wrote:
krumpdancer101 wrote:

And to think I fitted an old arguably faulty and worn fox dhx5 on my Yeti SB6 and felt that blew the Float X that came on the bike out of the water, these modern bikes with Push's and EXT's must feel incredible. Still wondering how they compare to a downhill bike though, the rental Saracen Myst and revplution bikr park I borrowed blew my Yeti out of the water... I got on it and initially thought damn this coil is way too stiff, it barely moved bobbing up and down on the frame but soon as I rode it was like riding on a cloud compared to the Yeti...strange.

Sometimes it makes the rear end just disappear until you preload then it’s got tons of pop. My first time out on it was on a fast DH run that I’ve ridden dozens of times. The thing that blew me away was how composed and in control the rear end felt through rock gardens. I felt like in the past I was composed and smooth but with this shock I can actually make adjustments and pump out of the end of rough sections.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.015285
Mobile Version of Website