The Sexiest Road Bikes Thread (No posting your own bike)

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
The Sexiest Road Bikes Thread (No posting your own bike)
Posted: Dec 1, 2021 at 20:47 Quote
rosemarywheel wrote:
badbadleroybrown wrote:
If I hadn't just dumped $10k on a bike

Er... what? 10K? does it have 6"- 8" of suspension? Eek
Nope... maybe 2mm of travel if I air down the tires a bit.

Posted: Dec 3, 2021 at 16:24 Quote
adm750 wrote:
that Niner is cool AF, I dig that. I think it's the MCR right ?

Softride is tres retro. I don't know a ton about it but I think Softride did some pretty cool shit on and off road....ie...possibly one of the US guys riding in the Tour used a softride stem (I think...) so the cobbles were easy peasy and fast when everyone else was getting dental work riding over them.

Yep! MCR it is tup

The Softride did come in both road and mountain versions, I have the '00 "Quicksilver" one.

...And they were banned from competition by the... (UCI?) because they are so comfortable.

Heres mine...

My 00 Allsop Solo Powercurve in Quicksilver... so comfy. the bike that inspired me to learn more about cycles in general because it was weird. I love it Thanks Tim.

Posted: Dec 3, 2021 at 16:24 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
rosemarywheel wrote:
badbadleroybrown wrote:
If I hadn't just dumped $10k on a bike

A road bike... Frown

Posted: Dec 3, 2021 at 21:51 Quote
rosemarywheel wrote:
A road bike... Frown
You realize what forum you're in, right... Rolleyes

Posted: Dec 3, 2021 at 22:41 Quote
rosemarywheel wrote:
badbadleroybrown wrote:
rosemarywheel wrote:

A road bike... Frown

If I had to pay retail for my gravel bike it would probably be around the $10k mark. Same with my MTB.

Posted: Dec 4, 2021 at 0:36 Quote
The scary thing is, $10k was well under retail... bikes are f*cking nuts now, retail would've been over $12k.

Posted: Dec 4, 2021 at 5:28 Quote
....and to think, I paid almost $2K for my Super Record equipped Allez back in '84 lol

I have some ideas about what I'd want if I were to build a modern road bike today. No question it would wind up being a f*ck ton of money. Eek

Posted: Dec 4, 2021 at 7:50 Quote
adm750 wrote:
....and to think, I paid almost $2K for my Super Record equipped Allez back in '84 lol

I have some ideas about what I'd want if I were to build a modern road bike today. No question it would wind up being a f*ck ton of money. Eek
Shits gotten pretty wild, the new Dura Ace 9200 is going for like $4500 retail, you're half way to $10k before you even buy wheels lol. I find that like $6-7k retail is really the sweet spot in most manufacturers line ups these days though, beyond that it's significantly diminishing returns.

Posted: Dec 4, 2021 at 8:02 Quote
rosemarywheel wrote:
badbadleroybrown wrote:
rosemarywheel wrote:

A road bike... Frown

Welcome to a cycling website, where we're stoked on riding and don't get cringy over what others enjoy. I'm sure you'll fit in soon!

No idea what the road bike cost. Tracking bills is for wives.

Posted: Dec 4, 2021 at 8:03 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
adm750 wrote:

Shits gotten pretty wild, the new Dura Ace 9200 is going for like $4500 retail, you're half way to $10k before you even buy wheels lol. I find that like $6-7k retail is really the sweet spot in most manufacturers line ups these days though, beyond that it's significantly diminishing returns.

To add to that, DA is currently insane. Ultegra and 105 are absolute workhorse groupsets, and I'm seeing people that normally dive right to DA going Ultegra instead. It's just dang good.

I mean, other than the hideous cranks, but whatchya gunna do?

Posted: Dec 4, 2021 at 9:35 Quote
I think that the current price of bikes is worsened by the lead time. You want a new Emonda SL 7 eTap? See you in 2023.

Posted: Dec 5, 2021 at 12:33 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
rosemarywheel wrote:
A road bike... Frown
You realize what forum you're in, right... Rolleyes

Facepalm oops.

Posted: Dec 5, 2021 at 12:35 Quote
sherbet wrote:
rosemarywheel wrote:
badbadleroybrown wrote:

A road bike... Frown

Welcome to a cycling website, where we're stoked on riding and don't get cringy over what others enjoy. I'm sure you'll fit in soon!

No idea what the road bike cost. Tracking bills is for wives.

No cringe, sherbet!

Posted: Nov 28, 2023 at 11:23 Quote
Modern Colnago with old school style lugging.

Me likey.

Love it. Nice old school style lugs mixed with a modern touch. Lightweight wheels too.

Posted: Nov 28, 2023 at 15:22 Quote
Super nice... but it almost feels sacrilegious to see Dura Ace on a Colnago though, I'd have to go Campy on a gorgeous Italian frameset like that.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.015518
Mobile Version of Website