Powered by Outside

Nukeproof Owners Club

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Nukeproof Owners Club
Posted: Apr 5, 2024 at 8:04 Quote
I don't think so, you'll not notice an appreciable difference in stiffness and the 36's can be had for a much more reasonable price and are lighter.

Posted: Apr 5, 2024 at 12:42 Quote
Does anyone know where to get a new/used Giga mx link by chance? Would like to try mullet setup but have had no luck tracking one down in the us or finding shipment from uk. cheers

O+
Posted: Apr 5, 2024 at 20:22 Quote
Howmex wrote:
Hi folks,
Just building up a mega 290 and am intending on putting on some 36Rhythms. Mostly ride trail/Enduro in Tweed Valley so wondering if 38s are worth throwing on instead?
Am 75kg kitted up and just ride bikes for fun, not racing.
Any tips appreciated
Cheers

At 75kg, I’d think a 35/36mm stanchion fork would be perfectly adequate.

I used a Fox 36 and found it to be a great fork, however I’m 130kg kitted up so moving to a 38 was a good choice for me

Posted: Apr 8, 2024 at 5:38 Quote
Hey all,

Tried emailing info@nukeproof.com but the domain is down so I guess they're gone. Hope someone here can help Smile
I have a Nukeproof Mega 290 from 2020 but managed to lose a screw off the rear triangle, unfortunately rendering the bike unrideable for the moment.
The parts missing are:
NukeP.# - Description - Quantity
NPMG-3 - Chainstay Clevis Bolt - 1
NPMG-7 - 6902-2RS Bearing - 2
NPMG-8 - Chainstay Clevis Spacer - 3

I got this from the support documentation/manual for the Nukeproof Mega 2020 (https://nukeproof.com/pages/technical-support-documents & https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0438/3296/7322/files/2020-Mega-Frame-Manual-rev01.pdf?v=1600075092). The actual number of items needed is only half (1 / 2 / 3) as I am only missing the bolt/bearings/spacers from one side.

For the bolt and spacers it seems like there WAS a hardware kit (https://nukeproof.com/collections/bikes-spares/products/mega-275-290-hardware-kit) but I can't find availability of this anywhere, does anyone have a recommendation for what dimensions/threading to look for to find compatible bolt/spacers from a hardware store for example?

And with regards to the 6902-2rs bearings, these seem to be hard to find as well, any recommendations here? Would either of the 2 following options be suitable?
https://www.bike-discount.de/de/dt-swiss-kugellager-fuer-dt-swiss-naben OR https://www.bike-discount.de/de/cema-naben-kugellager-6902-keramik-15-x-28-x-7-mm

Basically I just want to get back on the bike as soon as possible, the weather is perfect for riding right now.

Cheers!

O+
Posted: Apr 10, 2024 at 18:57 Quote
Just a random thought.

With Nukeproof bikes no longer existing as the same business, does anyone know if the bikes might be subject to any direct patent infringements etc?

In other words, if someone bought the existing carbon moulds and produced the same frames but branded them differently, would there be an issue with the copyright?

I know so many bikes are very similar in their design but I'm just curious.

Posted: Apr 10, 2024 at 20:39 Quote
Doubt it, IF that happened I would've thought the buyer would be smart enough to buy the patents...
If there is /were any patents?

Posted: Apr 11, 2024 at 14:47 Quote
photo

Hello, unfortunately it looks like I’ve got a crack on my 2023 nuke proof giga 290. It’s above the bottom bracket, just below the bottom pivot. It goes from on black line to the other.

Has anyone else had a crack here?
Sounds like warranty is out of the question.
Wondering if this is something I can continue to ride or if I should start looking at other options.

Posted: Apr 12, 2024 at 9:06 Quote
moppop999 wrote:
... it looks like I’ve got a crack on my 2023 nuke proof giga 290. It’s above the bottom bracket, just below the bottom pivot. It goes from on black line to the other...

How do you know it's not just a crack in the paint? It could be impossible to tell without serious investigation.

First option: you should attempt warranty, but with the state of Nukeproof it may not happen.
Second: I'd personally keep riding, but I'd start looking for another bike.

Posted: Apr 12, 2024 at 9:47 Quote
BenLow2019 wrote:
moppop999 wrote:
... it looks like I’ve got a crack on my 2023 nuke proof giga 290. It’s above the bottom bracket, just below the bottom pivot. It goes from on black line to the other...

How do you know it's not just a crack in the paint? It could be impossible to tell without serious investigation.

First option: you should attempt warranty, but with the state of Nukeproof it may not happen.
Second: I'd personally keep riding, but I'd start looking for another bike.

That’s a good point about possibly just being a paint crack. The mechanic at the local shop pointed it out. That’s why I am reaching out to this group, to see if anyone else has had a crack here and if it turned out to be serious, or maybe they kept riding it and it’s been fine.

Unfortunately I don’t think they is a carbon repair place close to me that would be able to properly inspect it.

It’s been a few weeks since nukeproof was contacted and there hasn’t been a word back. I’m probably going the new frame route. Might go on a couple chill rides while I figure things out.

O+
Posted: Apr 13, 2024 at 7:27 Quote
Anyone had any luck with chain reaction on problems with recent purchases? I expect not but would give me hope!
Cheers

Posted: Apr 19, 2024 at 3:34 Quote
Got myself a clogged cable guide inside a nukeproof mega carbon. Any tips?

O+
Posted: Apr 22, 2024 at 17:33 Quote
moppop999 wrote:
photo

Hello, unfortunately it looks like I’ve got a crack on my 2023 nuke proof giga 290. It’s above the bottom bracket, just below the bottom pivot. It goes from on black line to the other.

Has anyone else had a crack here?
Sounds like warranty is out of the question.
Wondering if this is something I can continue to ride or if I should start looking at other options.

I have a similar crack; unfortunately, no response from Nukeproof or Chain Reaction about the warranty claim.

Posted: May 5, 2024 at 15:09 Quote
Hello! I'm looking for a rear triangle for my giga, 290 or 297. If by any chance someone switched from 290 to 297 and have a 290 triangle let me know.

Posted: May 12, 2024 at 5:22 Quote
photo
photo
burnt out on riding I Bought this six months ago i the Nov sale to try an get me stoked again but, it did'nt.... Finally just got around to building it up with parts from the tranny scout that I may change into a franken bike uplift rig with parts from the Supreme....... I dunno I'm just clutching at straws here mannnn!
all ready thinking 26" rear rim

Posted: May 12, 2024 at 14:47 Quote
bonntec wrote:
Hello! I'm looking for a rear triangle for my giga, 290 or 297. If by any chance someone switched from 290 to 297 and have a 290 triangle let me know.

I also have a crack on my rear triangle caused by a rock or smth. I need a 297 chainstay but now we can’t even get those

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.020336
Mobile Version of Website