Powered by Outside

Zeb settings

Posted: Oct 6, 2023 at 4:33 Quote
That process will probably work but the issue may come back over time. Sucking down tends to be the age old issue with too much grease around the airshaft causing a blockage of the pos/neg transfer port.

If the problem persists I'd suggest an airspring strip down.

You can half confirm this if you try this.. with the fork in the sucked down state, hold the arch with one hand and pull up on the bars with the other. If you hear a slurping sucking sound then that's the fork clearing it's transfer port and equalizing.

Another issue can be negative pressure in the lowers. Which requires cracking the foot nuts and allowing the air to stabilize inside.

Posted: Nov 19, 2023 at 9:59 Quote
sharpy182 wrote:
3 volume spacers.. must ramp up pretty quick? Are you managing to use all your travel?
Surprisingly yes, I even bottom out frequently enough. Once a month or so.

Posted: Mar 14, 2024 at 10:56 Quote
I'm 5.10 running zeb ultimate 180 on 2023 altitude powerplay size med.
Running 105 psi with 2.8 vol tokens, 2HSC and 12 open on LSC
I seem to still use 120mm on travel. Still feels like I could go more psi and tokens, but is there any feedback on running zebs this time compared to the (100psi for emtb & 88 no Eeb for me 200lbs) recommended setting?

Posted: Mar 14, 2024 at 10:58 Quote
Wondered about going up in stack
And
120psi with 2.8 tokens, same compression
115psi with full 3 tokens or 4 tokens, same compression.

I believe max psi is 148? And max tokens is 4?

Posted: Mar 14, 2024 at 11:23 Quote
If the problem is not using full travel why don't you remove tokens and add air?
LSC seems also very soft.

Posted: Mar 14, 2024 at 11:29 Quote
Yes, only running 5 clicks of LSC.
Looking for more support to push. Not too worried about travel usage, but mainly having a strong front end.
Might add LSC a few clicks and more PSI for now.
Just seems like a lot of people find they like it better with less than recommended psi vs going more stiff.?

Posted: Mar 14, 2024 at 11:33 Quote
I'll probably try
120 psi
Tokens 2.8
Rebound 8 from closed
7 LSC (slightly more than before)
2 HSC
Fork keeps grip even being so supportive. I never thought about running this firm but it certainly helps to go faster and bigger with more confidence.

O+
Posted: Mar 14, 2024 at 12:44 Quote
What sag are you guys getting with 100+ psi??? Seems crazy stiff. I’m 220lbs running 86psi and getting 23% sag. But then again, I prefer my suspension ultra plush, no tokens.

Posted: Mar 14, 2024 at 13:01 Quote
But I'm on a medium and probably put more weight on the front of the bike, as well as a lot of 80° compressions coming off of local steep lines. That's probably why I run so little LSC, for the grip. ( Or plushness, along with decently quick low speed rebound)

Posted: Mar 14, 2024 at 13:02 Quote
On a ebike as well*

O+
Posted: Mar 14, 2024 at 17:22 Quote
Ah, that makes more sense.

FL
Posted: Mar 15, 2024 at 2:17 Quote
Looks like there’s a new damper on the way. Takes the piss this stuff isn’t sorted through testing, but anyway it looks as if the issues will be rectified…

O+ FL
Posted: Mar 15, 2024 at 2:38 Quote
oatkinso wrote:
Looks like there’s a new damper on the way. Takes the piss this stuff isn’t sorted through testing, but anyway it looks as if the issues will be rectified…

I know what you mean, these things seem to be coming out quicker and quicker, it’s like when we go to buy someone and there’s already talk of the newer version… kinda off pointing in my opinion.
I’ve got the first version of the ZEB fork…. has any had both version and how big a difference is it in terms of ride feel?

Posted: Mar 15, 2024 at 11:23 Quote
sharpy182 wrote:
oatkinso wrote:

I know what you mean, these things seem to be coming out quicker and quicker, it’s like when we go to buy someone and there’s already talk of the newer version… kinda off pointing in my opinion.
I’ve got the first version of the ZEB fork…. has any had both version and how big a difference is it in terms of ride feel?
Very good question, like do you upgrade or just wait until a significantly better version comes out.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.015470
Mobile Version of Website