Powered by Outside

Forbidden Druid

PB Forum :: Other
Forbidden Druid
O+
Posted: Nov 23, 2021 at 15:15 Quote
Anyone selling a medium frameset? Figured I'd see if there's any used available before preordering one from Forbidden

O+
Posted: Nov 27, 2021 at 23:03 Quote
Habaden wrote:
Anyone selling a medium frameset? Figured I'd see if there's any used available before preordering one from Forbidden

Druid's run a little small. I have a large i'm selling and would say it's a medium in most other brands.

O+
Posted: Nov 28, 2021 at 7:41 Quote
shapethings wrote:
Habaden wrote:

Druid's run a little small. I have a large i'm selling and would say it's a medium in most other brands.

Now that I look closer at the geo chart it is a bit on the small side, not sure I want to take the risk of running a larger frame without test riding though. The medium is quite a bit smaller than my SB130LR that I’m currently on though… what would you do? I’m 5ft 8 and have pretty average leg length

O+
Posted: Nov 29, 2021 at 6:45 Quote
Just built this Druid up, can confirm it absolutely rips!
Forbidden Druid Sram Rockshox build

Posted: Jan 18, 2022 at 6:33 Quote
What's up guys, just built up my Druid and taken my maiden ride on it. Beyond stoked, felt like home right away!
photo

O+
Posted: Jan 29, 2022 at 13:24 Quote
Hi guys.

Currently riding the druid in mullet set up with the ziggy link. Brilliant here for Scotland and the tweed valley with tight turns.
Really want to try coil and 29er though on druid.
Anyone recommend a rear coil there using/used that felt perfect?

Any info welcome. Cheers.

O+
Posted: Jan 29, 2022 at 22:52 Quote
The EXT storia is amazing

Posted: May 2, 2022 at 3:54 Quote
photo

Just build this up. Lets see how it rides, need to bleed the brakes and change the crank spacers cause I screwed them up Big Grin then its all set.

FL
Posted: Aug 14, 2022 at 13:40 Quote
Hey guys!

Anyone had any problems with the chain coming off when sprinting hard from a stand still?!?

All the transmission is pretty new, so it’s not down to wear and tear on the teeth etc.

I have tried a few different things to try and resolve the issue.I quickly made a chain guide near the bottom of the chainring to put some tension on the chain and the chain doesn’t seem to come off… is this to do with the fact that chains on high pivot bikes wrap around the front chainring less? I have seen a lot of setups with the E-thirteen mono lower chain guide, could this be why?

Cheers in advance.

O+
Posted: Aug 14, 2022 at 22:14 Quote
pedalmas wrote:
Hey guys!

Anyone had any problems with the chain coming off when sprinting hard from a stand still?!?

All the transmission is pretty new, so it’s not down to wear and tear on the teeth etc.

I have tried a few different things to try and resolve the issue.I quickly made a chain guide near the bottom of the chainring to put some tension on the chain and the chain doesn’t seem to come off… is this to do with the fact that chains on high pivot bikes wrap around the front chainring less? I have seen a lot of setups with the E-thirteen mono lower chain guide, could this be why?

Cheers in advance.

The druids come stock with the e13 chain guide down by the chainring to increase wrap. Some people run them and some without. On my previous XL Druid frame I had no issue running without the lower guide and a Sram xsync 2 chainring, same setup on the Large Druid the chain kept popping off. Put the lower guide back on and it remedied the problem, but I didn’t want the little bit of extra drag so I swapped the chainring out for something with bigger teeth that aren’t pre worn out like the sram chainrings are. Why it worked on the XL but not the L with everything exactly the same I have no idea

FL
Posted: Aug 15, 2022 at 0:08 Quote
Chasebeck734 wrote:
pedalmas wrote:
Hey guys!

Cheers in advance.

The druids come stock with the e13 chain guide down by the chainring to increase wrap. Some people run them and some without. On my previous XL Druid frame I had no issue running without the lower guide and a Sram xsync 2 chainring, same setup on the Large Druid the chain kept popping off. Put the lower guide back on and it remedied the problem, but I didn’t want the little bit of extra drag so I swapped the chainring out for something with bigger teeth that aren’t pre worn out like the sram chainrings are. Why it worked on the XL but not the L with everything exactly the same I have no idea

I have heard due to the chainring/chain contact area on high pivot bikes being so much less, even the slightest wear on the chainring will cause the chain to jump off.

My sram chainring is relatively newish… it has done some miles but not a lot. The chain has been jumping off more and more recently. Apparently using a steel chainring will resolve the issue, the teeth won’t wear as quickly.

Anyone with the same issue?

Do you notice a lot of drag with the E-thirteen lower guide?

I will probably try the steel chainring and report back.

O+
Posted: Oct 20, 2022 at 20:55 Quote
Built up a druid yesterday, have two rides on it so far with the stock dpx2 and honestly im kinda surprised how underwhelming the bike has been. i was expecting a super planted and bump eating trail bike but it definitely is not either of those things. maybe i just havent set it up right? i followed forbidden’s setup guide. any other ideas? or is that just it?

O+
Posted: Oct 20, 2022 at 22:00 Quote
newbermuda wrote:
Built up a druid yesterday, have two rides on it so far with the stock dpx2 and honestly im kinda surprised how underwhelming the bike has been. i was expecting a super planted and bump eating trail bike but it definitely is not either of those things. maybe i just havent set it up right? i followed forbidden’s setup guide. any other ideas? or is that just it?

Assuming you're running 35% sag, what size volume spacer are you running? I started at 0.6, and reducing to 0.4 made things a lot better. Opening up the rebound/compression a bit helped too.

O+
Posted: Oct 20, 2022 at 22:31 Quote
radicalpugilism wrote:
newbermuda wrote:

Assuming you're running 35% sag, what size volume spacer are you running? I started at 0.6, and reducing to 0.4 made things a lot better. Opening up the rebound/compression a bit helped too.

No idea, havent opened it up. I did adjust the rebound to fully fast and compression to full open before riding it. Ill check volume spacer tomorrow i guess.

O+ FL
Posted: Oct 20, 2022 at 22:53 Quote
What are you running for air pressure?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.034194
Mobile Version of Website