Anybody know when the new YT lineup is dropping?

PB Forum :: YT Industries
Anybody know when the new YT lineup is dropping?
Posted: Mar 3, 2021 at 10:32 Quote
SwampSlime wrote:
Motofinne wrote:
Xlr8n wrote:
From my perspective it's a marketing blunder to roll out a new web layout with no new bikes. They should have waited for the new models.
However, if they truly are hamstrung by the pandemic and are unable to release 2021 models as a whole, then just come out and say that rather than stringing folks along. People are trying to plan for the riding season.

Spot on. YT dropped the ball.

YT would never. Agreed that if anything, this website makes its more difficult to check if a bike is in stock.

It does look like you can't currently view any bikes right now. Maybe they are updating releasing them soon?

Just an hour ago all the 2020's were up on the new website. Now they are gone. They must be working on the site in real time. Odd.

Posted: Mar 3, 2021 at 12:02 Quote
Xlr8n wrote:
SwampSlime wrote:
Motofinne wrote:

Spot on. YT dropped the ball.

YT would never. Agreed that if anything, this website makes its more difficult to check if a bike is in stock.

It does look like you can't currently view any bikes right now. Maybe they are updating releasing them soon?

Just an hour ago all the 2020's were up on the new website. Now they are gone. They must be working on the site in real time. Odd.

Still there on the euro site (in English and German). Jeffsy Comp in black/size small showing as back in stock...

O+
Posted: Mar 3, 2021 at 14:05 Quote
This pretty much seals the deal that there are no 2021 bikes. It just wouldnt make sense to do an entire new webpage, new photos and graphics on bike/s that are only going to be replaced in a month.

Posted: Mar 3, 2021 at 14:08 Quote
Production is still busy catching up on new warranty frames, hasnt had time to produce anything new yet.
Or YT are waiting for market to settle in geo design

Posted: Mar 3, 2021 at 14:19 Quote
Kango wrote:
This pretty much seals the deal that there are no 2021 bikes. It just wouldnt make sense to do an entire new webpage, new photos and graphics on bike/s that are only going to be replaced in a month.

Alternatively, maybe they want the new website up and running for a bit to iron out any kinks before they release new models. Its probably fairly simple to change out the models the day of for any new bikes.

Who knows? YT is definitely anything but transparent which is frustrating. Nothing to do but wait

Posted: Mar 3, 2021 at 14:45 Quote
They aren't releasing the new bikes because me and tons of others are still waiting on 2020 bikes to be delivered! 2 months late from original delivery estimate and counting! If they released the new models before we got our bikes they would probably have to give us closeout pricing. Which I feel they should give us at this point anyways! They are last year models at this point and we are paying full price.

Posted: Mar 3, 2021 at 15:04 Quote
speedy-toast wrote:
They aren't releasing the new bikes because me and tons of others are still waiting on 2020 bikes to be delivered! 2 months late from original delivery estimate and counting! If they released the new models before we got our bikes they would probably have to give us closeout pricing. Which I feel they should give us at this point anyways! They are last year models at this point and we are paying full price.

When and what did you order? If you don't mind sharing. I had a chance to order the jeffsy blaze but hesitated and missed out. And I've heard some people have already received them.

Posted: Mar 3, 2021 at 15:24 Quote
speedy-toast wrote:

Three months for specialized bikes same with transition roughly .. commencal June July . It’s not just Yt

Posted: Mar 3, 2021 at 15:39 Quote
speedy-toast wrote:

Three months for specialized bikes same with transition roughly .. commencal June July . It’s not just Yt

O+
Posted: Mar 3, 2021 at 17:34 Quote
I was quoted 115 days for a 2021 Top Fuel, and even that was a "maybe".

So it's definitely not just YT.

Posted: Mar 3, 2021 at 18:28 Quote
Memog1 wrote:
speedy-toast wrote:

When and what did you order? If you don't mind sharing. I had a chance to order the jeffsy blaze but hesitated and missed out. And I've heard some people have already received them.

Capra Pro Race. Ordered in November 2020 with a January delivery date

Posted: Mar 3, 2021 at 19:24 Quote
speedy-toast wrote:
Memog1 wrote:
speedy-toast wrote:

Capra Pro Race. Ordered in November 2020 with a January delivery date

Same here, pro race ordered in December with an initial delivery date of 1/20; now pushed to 3/24...

O+
Posted: Mar 4, 2021 at 1:39 Quote
Yeah it might look like a blunder having a new website and no 2021 bike announcement, but obviously they are going to iron out the new website before putting up new models.

The new website does look nice, but feels sluggish and requires way to many clicks to actually get to something. Also a lot of features are also missing - no option to buy "discounted" pedals, or water bottle straight after selecting a bike, no phone number from contact page (easily found by googling tho), delayed payment or bank transfer option gone,...

Also about the YT 2021 delay comparison towards other brands (specialized, trek, etc...) Yeah its true that every company is struggling with parts, but keep in mind that every other brand started selling bikes months before. I bet Specialized sold quite a few 2021 bikes before they got to the point of struggling to output more. You don't make bikes on demand, you stock them up from last year summer onwards and assemble on demand. I don't know about Scott's 2021, but usually they released their next years model in the fall of last year (2020 models came around September 2019).

Posted: Mar 4, 2021 at 7:57 Quote
YT’s new site is a downgrade. Way too busy of a design and too much work to navigate through it

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.028387
Mobile Version of Website