Powered by Outside

The most overrated and underrated freeriders? and why?

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
The most overrated and underrated freeriders? and why?
Posted: May 20, 2008 at 23:50 Quote
vinceliberatore wrote:
tudorm wrote:
man i do no jah drop. i'm not trying to get any attention upon myself. unlike bender. he's got balls. that's it! does not have any style at all. he just hucks and my eyes don't wanna see that in MTB movie. this is my personal opinion. oh and bourdon i don't really like either but he is way above bender. the things he does are pretty big and gutsy but he can not put some style in it due to his height. he looks like he is fighting with the bike. Vanderham is underrated period. Athertons underrated. Josh Bryceland underated. Neil Donoghue underrated and i can go on. but yet again these are personal preferences and anyone has the right of opinion.

For being 26 yrs old, your ignorance on Bender surprises me.
i have no disrespect for bender don't get me wrong but i'm not a keen fan of that kind of riding. as for my 26 years old i really had the privilige of seeing this sport grow from '94 and belive me there are so many GREAT riders that nobody ever heard of and had no coverage at all. in a few years i'll bet that the 12 yrs old kids are dissing Berrecloth, not knowing the things he did for this segment of MTB.if it wasn't for him freeriding would've been poor.

Posted: May 21, 2008 at 0:20 Quote
Bobby Root is riding for Canyon Bikes, one of the biggest bike-producer in Germany. Before that he rode for Fusion Bikes, also a german company (Guido Tschugg rides for them). I met him in cologne and he's really friendly and entertaining. He gave me hints how much speed I should have for a step up. He seems to have good connections to the "Freeride-Mag". During the last years he did some Tow-Jumps at europes biggest bike-festivals. This year he thinks of jumping off a ski flying hill, like Igor Obu did. Should be interesting.

Another aspect: Do you think that many european riders are underrotated? Because not only simmons and his buddies were pioneers of the sport. The Taillefere brothers from France as an example... And Hans Rey also is kind of a freeride pioneerSmile
In the racing scene there are more popular european top riders...

P.S.: Here's a picture of Bobby Root and his Bike:
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://www.pezcyclingnews.com/photos/tech/07ibike/073root.jpg

Posted: May 21, 2008 at 2:08 Quote
geoff gullevich is underrated and a proper nice guy with it

Posted: May 21, 2008 at 12:39 Quote
jedi1 wrote:
yea yea.. i def agree

Posted: May 21, 2008 at 20:44 Quote
Greg Watts is one of the most underrated riders on 26 inch wheels. HE can double flip, backflip double tailwhip, backflip triple barspin etc. He's amazing.

Posted: May 21, 2008 at 20:49 Quote
mtbdarren318 wrote:
Greg Watts is one of the most underrated riders on 26 inch wheels. HE can double flip, backflip double tailwhip, backflip triple barspin etc. He's amazing.

haha i second that ive never even herd of the guy

and i think bobby root is underrated also

Posted: May 21, 2008 at 22:18 Quote
Meles wrote:
Bobby Root is riding for Canyon Bikes, one of the biggest bike-producer in Germany. Before that he rode for Fusion Bikes, also a german company (Guido Tschugg rides for them). I met him in cologne and he's really friendly and entertaining. He gave me hints how much speed I should have for a step up. He seems to have good connections to the "Freeride-Mag". During the last years he did some Tow-Jumps at europes biggest bike-festivals. This year he thinks of jumping off a ski flying hill, like Igor Obu did. Should be interesting.

P.S.: Here's a picture of Bobby Root and his Bike:
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://www.pezcyclingnews.com/photos/tech/07ibike/073root.jpg

Sweet, finally get an update on one of my favorite riders! He seems like an entertaining guy, I'd like to chill with him sometime. Glad to hear he's not in jail or anything lol

Keep on riding, Bobby!

Posted: May 21, 2008 at 22:24 Quote
yeah I was really impressed with his segments in the early disorder films. Would like to see more of him rideing, I remember him being well rounded, as he could manual at 100 mph, and then hit dj's and do some trial's...

FL
Posted: May 21, 2008 at 22:34 Quote
i think andreu lacondeguy is overrated in a way that everyone thinks he is the trick king. i no he throws down. and has amazing tricks. but look at cam mccaul. he can do all the same moves, like 3 whips, flipwhips, superflips, etc. plus he can do front flips, now he can do cliffhangers. etc. i think cam should get more recognition for the tricks he lays down out there. not sayin andreu doesnt have great moves. thats just my opinion

Posted: May 21, 2008 at 23:05 Quote
steve t for sure, he was so good back in the day, he must be amazing now

Posted: May 23, 2008 at 16:04 Quote
konastuff06rider wrote:
i think andreu lacondeguy is overrated in a way that everyone thinks he is the trick king. i no he throws down. and has amazing tricks. but look at cam mccaul. he can do all the same moves, like 3 whips, flipwhips, superflips, etc. plus he can do front flips, now he can do cliffhangers. etc. i think cam should get more recognition for the tricks he lays down out there. not sayin andreu doesnt have great moves. thats just my opinion
I agree with that I think Cam is better all around rider.

Posted: May 23, 2008 at 16:05 Quote
norcodj wrote:
konastuff06rider wrote:
I agree with that I think Cam is better all around rider.
but the lacondeguy bros are great DHers

O+
Posted: May 31, 2008 at 12:41 Quote
poozank shut the f*ck up, they can dh, they're not amazing at it, there dj specialsit. cam would destroy them in dh, same with tyler. teh lacondaguys are amazing but there not well rounded, and there not consistant, don't get me wrong andreu and luis are up there with my favourite riders, but cam has what they got and more, and more consistantly.

Posted: May 31, 2008 at 13:10 Quote

yeah he was a good guy to ride with, when he came to Esher Shore with Wade Simmons about 2.5 years back

Posted: Jun 1, 2008 at 15:19 Quote
g-off7 wrote:
poozank shut the f*ck up, they can dh, they're not amazing at it, there dj specialsit. cam would destroy them in dh, same with tyler. teh lacondaguys are amazing but there not well rounded, and there not consistant, don't get me wrong andreu and luis are up there with my favourite riders, but cam has what they got and more, and more consistantly.
time for your prozak they are good dhers they are dj and ss heavy but that doesnt mean they arent good at other things cam and tyler are great as well besides i never said the cam and tyler where bad so they was no need for you childish out burst if you cant respect other people then take your crap somewhere else

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.025922
Mobile Version of Website