Powered by Outside

Whats wrong with front brakes?

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Whats wrong with front brakes?
Posted: Aug 23, 2008 at 17:45 Quote
it can spin beter and it looks way better

Posted: Aug 31, 2008 at 8:35 Quote
OH MY GOD, i cant decide weather to take my front brake off or leave it on. Its drving me nuts!!

also where do i disconect the cable from my fron break to run it through the start nut?? should i disconnect it at the break or at the leaver?

FL
Posted: Aug 31, 2008 at 8:56 Quote
ottawamtb wrote:
OH MY GOD, i cant decide weather to take my front brake off or leave it on. Its drving me nuts!!

also where do i disconect the cable from my fron break to run it through the start nut?? should i disconnect it at the break or at the leaver?

caliper.

Posted: Aug 31, 2008 at 9:06 Quote
dirtjumpur wrote:
ottawamtb wrote:

caliper.

so in idiot terms( me) that would be the part that the cable is connected to, correct? like the part that squeezs the dic?

FL
Posted: Aug 31, 2008 at 9:30 Quote
ottawamtb wrote:
dirtjumpur wrote:
ottawamtb wrote:

caliper.

so in idiot terms( me) that would be the part that the cable is connected to, correct? like the part that squeezs the dic?

yep the caliper is the part that squeezes the dick.

Posted: Aug 31, 2008 at 9:54 Quote
ed--- wrote:
they flip you if you squeeze to hard and keep it simple is a good rule to follow
if you squeeze too hard and flip over you are a tool!

Posted: Aug 31, 2008 at 11:01 Quote
dirtjumpur wrote:
ottawamtb wrote:
dirtjumpur wrote:

caliper.

lmao, i meant disc but i think you new thatlol

FL
Posted: Aug 31, 2008 at 14:38 Quote
ottawamtb wrote:
dirtjumpur wrote:

lmao, i meant disc but i think you new thatlol

yeah i did, undo the bolt which holds the cable at the caliper and pull the cable out of it, then up through the steerer tube. job done.

Posted: Aug 31, 2008 at 17:25 Quote
the front brake is good for some stuff
but not others
dirt jumper's useauly take them of because whats the point
in the extra weight when you can stop with either
foot jams or just a back brake
its simple.

Posted: Aug 31, 2008 at 17:35 Quote
ayrton88 wrote:
norcorulz wrote:
dirtjumpur wrote:
surely starting a new thread about something that been discussed in detail many times before, and adding a title with the worst spelling i have ever seen is a bit unnecessary?
lol, true
as i said to you so many times my throat was sore, you have a foot, use it
front brakes add unnecessary weight and clutter your bars, its easy to control footjams once you get used to them, if not thats why you learn no foot cans Razz
i did a 2m long stoppie using just my foot going at a jogging pace, and ive never seen you use your front brake for anything else other than stoppies
yer and i did like a 25 metter nose wheelie with front brakes

yeah with brakes, i can go like 20 feet nose wheelie with no brakes at all...no one cares about front brakes they are pointless and obviusly add unnessecary weight, they are only good for stopping fast, thats why dhers use them, but even in races my dh buddies dont even use their front brakes during races, they just cause you to slide out most of the time in turns..

O+
Posted: Aug 31, 2008 at 17:41 Quote
some people dont run front brakes cuz if its rubbing, it'll slow you down, and its really easy to bend a front rotor. and yes, weight is a factor also.

Posted: Aug 31, 2008 at 17:44 Quote
I just never used front brakes so theres no point in having them, and I found they got in the way.

If I would have used them a lot I woulda left them on, but now I don't have a choice because I cut the mounts off haha.

FL
Posted: Aug 31, 2008 at 17:55 Quote
pros for takin front brake off:

loose weight, doesnt get in the way of no hander or one hander tricks, barspins. looks cleaner on the bars, not needed seein as back brake is all u really use in dj/street. u can foot jam to stop

cons:

limits ur bike to certain terrain( cant go fast on tech tight stuff, unless u dont mind using trees to slow down:P) probably a few other minor things, but nothin big

Posted: Aug 31, 2008 at 17:56 Quote
I don't have front brakes because it makes me look cool.Cool But seriously I have front brakes on my MTB because I need them, Downhill could be done with no front brake but thats not for me, I don't have that kind of skill, but on my BMX I don't have front brakes because I don't really need them.

Posted: Sep 1, 2008 at 0:45 Quote
66x66 wrote:
ed--- wrote:
they flip you if you squeeze to hard and keep it simple is a good rule to follow
if you squeeze too hard and flip over you are a tool!
i ment that they have the ability of fliping you where as bake brakes can only lock up and skid

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.021943
Mobile Version of Website