banshee wildcard VS Transition Bottlerocket

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
banshee wildcard VS Transition Bottlerocket
Posted: Dec 8, 2008 at 19:51 Quote
hucker2010 wrote:
jv86416 wrote:
igz- wrote:
Ummm try setting up your bike correctly?

i'm not an idiot. why would you want a slopestyle bike that is pretty good at climbing and pretty good at jumping when you could get a slopestyle specific bike that is amazing at jumping which is what it is meant for.

because he is not a slopestyle specific rider, he wants a bike that will do it all

well for a do it all bike, the intense would be better but i still think he could find something with a better value

O+
Posted: Dec 8, 2008 at 19:54 Quote
jv86416 wrote:
^^that would be hard to do... lol. there was a picture somewhere actually of chris kovarik doing a 360 on a m6 i think

So dont say it cant be done it is not nearly as hard as its made out to be with more travel I will admit the less the easier but my nomad spins as easy as my buddys howler 7-4" comparison so same ball park vpp and single pivot to but what ever sound like buddys really sold on this BR the one I parking lot tested was horrible I'll never buy one maestro for life as of nowSalute

Ryan

Posted: Dec 8, 2008 at 19:55 Quote
jv86416 wrote:
hucker2010 wrote:
jv86416 wrote:

i'm not an idiot. why would you want a slopestyle bike that is pretty good at climbing and pretty good at jumping when you could get a slopestyle specific bike that is amazing at jumping which is what it is meant for.

because he is not a slopestyle specific rider, he wants a bike that will do it all

well for a do it all bike, the intense would be better but i still think he could find something with a better value

he already said he can get the frame for only 200 more than the br, that sounds like pretty good value to me

Posted: Dec 8, 2008 at 19:56 Quote
oh sorry i didn't see that part. for only 200 more he'd have to be crazy to not to get the intense.

Posted: Dec 8, 2008 at 19:59 Quote
ya neither did i ya id go with the intense its definitely a higher end bike

Posted: Dec 8, 2008 at 20:08 Quote
Views: 2,828    Faves: 75    Comments: 44

some intense finger lickin goodness

Posted: Dec 8, 2008 at 20:09 Quote
i would say reign x

Posted: Dec 8, 2008 at 20:12 Quote
that looks a lot like Kamloops, is it?

Posted: Dec 8, 2008 at 20:17 Quote
Rattsl wrote:
that looks a lot like Kamloops, is it?
kamloops,some lower mainland trails and a wee bit of kelowna at the end

Posted: Dec 8, 2008 at 20:19 Quote
haha, I know my canada even though I dont live there

FL
Posted: Dec 8, 2008 at 20:41 Quote
actually the part about the intense being 200 more than a br, is just a temporary thing. on sale. but will go back to like, 2700 or something. and im not willing to spend that on a frame. plus i hear its in intense's "fro" section which i dont want, cuz that probably means its built light and what not for smooth riders, or racers, or w/e so im not exactly the smoothest, and im planning on beating the shit outta this bike. wanna 3 it and maybe t whip after i have them dialed on my ht. but im looking for a shorter travel bike, not something with 6.7 lieka reign, i may consider a banshee wild card compared to bottle rocket

O+
Posted: Dec 8, 2008 at 20:51 Quote
Go look at a nomad then if you dont want a reign which is a far superior bike to all mentioned. The wild card is the same delio as the BR heavy and inferior design to many out there.

Ryan

Posted: Dec 8, 2008 at 21:22 Quote
I love how everyone bashes the FRO. its really strong. they just slap that on there for marketing. check out the redbull rampage. robbie bourdon was riding a slopestyle with a single crown. then in NWD 9 he did a 360 on a 70+ foot jump. i doubt you will ever do any of that. the guy i ride with has been pounding his for over a year. i have seen him hit 25 foot doubles on it and have seen his pics of gully gaps and such. i love mine, i had a BR like i said earlier. The BR is a great bike but not near as nice as the SS. but to every man his own.

Posted: Dec 8, 2008 at 23:13 Quote
veet-88 wrote:
Go look at a nomad then if you dont want a reign which is a far superior bike to all mentioned. The wild card is the same delio as the BR heavy and inferior design to many out there.

Ryan

the wildcard is actually very light, deffinately a simple design but not a bad bike, my first choice would be the reighn but clearly he is not into that, but i would still much rather a wildcard over a br

O+
Posted: Dec 9, 2008 at 11:56 Quote
hucker2010 wrote:
veet-88 wrote:

Ryan

the wildcard is actually very light, deffinately a simple design but not a bad bike, my first choice would be the reighn but clearly he is not into that, but i would still much rather a wildcard over a br

I agree with everything except the light part the frames are still a bit heafty but they are lighter than most.

Ryan

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.021172
Mobile Version of Website