Powered by Outside

Bike Painting Guides and Pictures of Your Work

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Bike Painting Guides and Pictures of Your Work
Posted: Aug 26, 2010 at 15:07 Quote
N4x4 wrote:
well those self adhesive zip cable tie things wouldnt really work cause there is already mounts on the bike for cables you just need zip ties to tie them in

i was wondering but ya never know...

if ya do some looking around you can find some REALLY BRIGHT rims for really good prices.. everyone does RED.... guess that works if its your favorite color .. Pimp

O+
Posted: Aug 26, 2010 at 18:55 Quote
Sick Pain job on your fork man
anonymousdonor wrote:
last nights work, ended up getting all mudded up to dark to get the flick of em on but heres ya go..
Steez Jobs custom Marzocchi's....pm for info!
Graffiti, abstract, neutral.. what ev send me yer part and ghet some ZAZZ!

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs046.snc4/34647_133281486694991_100000394221651_229170_2663974_n.jpg

Posted: Aug 26, 2010 at 20:21 Quote
qkenuf4u wrote:
N4x4 wrote:
well those self adhesive zip cable tie things wouldnt really work cause there is already mounts on the bike for cables you just need zip ties to tie them in

i was wondering but ya never know...

if ya do some looking around you can find some REALLY BRIGHT rims for really good prices.. everyone does RED.... guess that works if its your favorite color .. Pimp

what about chain reaction cycles, it an online store but does anybody know how good that place is. im not sure how much rims are but it seems like chain reaction cycles has pretty good prices

Posted: Aug 26, 2010 at 20:35 Quote
N4x4 wrote:
what about chain reaction cycles, it an online store but does anybody know how good that place is. im not sure how much rims are but it seems like chain reaction cycles has pretty good prices

personally ive had very good luck with CRC..... pretty quick shipping for being overseas and good prices...
lots of places to order rims right here in the USA though...

Posted: Aug 26, 2010 at 20:39 Quote
qkenuf4u wrote:
N4x4 wrote:

personally ive had very good luck with CRC..... pretty quick shipping for being overseas and good prices...
lots of places to order rims right here in the USA though...

i dont know any good places in the u.s. i dont like any bike shops where i am. what stores would you say are good

O+
Posted: Aug 26, 2010 at 22:04 Quote
Hey nice paint job really like the fork. I was wondering how you did the lettering to make it look like the kona lettering.
johnny-likes-dh wrote:
Before:
photo
Midway:
photo
After respray:
photo
Finished:
photo

Pictures really don't do the bike any justice and project glory in under way as we speak! tup

Posted: Aug 27, 2010 at 13:25 Quote
Otang wrote:
Hey nice paint job really like the fork. I was wondering how you did the lettering to make it look like the kona lettering.
johnny-likes-dh wrote:
Before:
photo
Midway:
photo
After respray:
photo
Finished:
photo

Pictures really don't do the bike any justice and project glory in under way as we speak! tup

he either got it done profesionally or he cut out his own stencils

Posted: Aug 27, 2010 at 14:23 Quote
N4x4 wrote:
Otang wrote:
johnny-likes-dh wrote:
Before:
photo
Midway:
photo
After respray:
photo
Finished:
photo

they look stenciled on

Posted: Aug 27, 2010 at 21:06 Quote
K-Forbes wrote:
N4x4 wrote:
Otang wrote:

they look stenciled on

that what im thinking

Posted: Aug 28, 2010 at 15:05 Quote
Hey guys,
Bit of a thread-jack but didn't want to start a whole new thread or gravedig, and figured that you guys would be the best to ask. I'm thinking of rawing and polishing my bike (if you feel the need to have a look, its the hardtail in my albums). Would it be possible to get a finish like this with chemical polishing such as Autosol?
photo
And how easy would it then be to clearcoat it, for example would it need sanding for something for the lacquer to grip to?
Cheers in advance for any advice
mythicman Smile

Posted: Aug 28, 2010 at 16:21 Quote
mythicman wrote:
Hey guys,
Bit of a thread-jack but didn't want to start a whole new thread or gravedig, and figured that you guys would be the best to ask. I'm thinking of rawing and polishing my bike (if you feel the need to have a look, its the hardtail in my albums). Would it be possible to get a finish like this with chemical polishing such as Autosol?
photo
And how easy would it then be to clearcoat it, for example would it need sanding for something for the lacquer to grip to?
mythicman Smile

IMHO- polish it however you need to polish it then have CLEAR POWDERCOAT put on it...

Posted: Aug 29, 2010 at 12:58 Quote
qkenuf4u wrote:
mythicman wrote:
Hey guys,
photo
mythicman Smile

IMHO- polish it however you need to polish it then have CLEAR POWDERCOAT put on it...
i does this sort of polishing your after basicly i paint stripper it and wash it of then polish it up with autosol on my little buffer then when all shiny i wipe down with thinners then 2k lacquer over the top its mint then and doesnt dull of

Posted: Aug 29, 2010 at 13:18 Quote
What's 2k lacquer? Got any links to it? I'm probably going to go Halfords tomorrow to have a look at Nitromors and Autosol and stuff, can you get it or something similar from there?
Cheers Smile

Posted: Sep 5, 2010 at 14:00 Quote
when it was 1st sprayed
photo

not long after i sprayed it
photo

when i got bored at the skate park i then painted it bluee Razz

before clear coat
photo

and how shiney it was in the sun
photo

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.047564
Mobile Version of Website