Powered by Outside

Old Riders....But not "Old School"

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Old Riders....But not "Old School"
O+
Posted: Sep 13, 2019 at 5:11 Quote
It’s also Leavenworth’s octoberfest... just an added benefit.

O+
Posted: Sep 13, 2019 at 6:34 Quote
I am out, this weekend is my weekend off with no kids the 4th to the 6th would be my weekend with the kids.
Have fun guys!

O+
Posted: Sep 13, 2019 at 12:43 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
shredb4dead wrote:
bkchef2000 wrote:
I have named the October gathering shredtoberfest... I am glad I’m going! Hopefully meet some other fossils. Very much looking forward to it.

This site does bring joy.

Careful, I already own the rights to Shredtember. I'll sue. Wink

What is this Juggalo gathering (whooop whoop!) on Oct 4-6th in Leavenworth?
Shuttle, pedal or some sort of park riding?
Camping?
Condo?
Other?
I only ask because I just took the first two weeks of October off work.
Hummmmmm?

My folks place, 5 bedrooms, free to stay. Room for tones of overflow camping on acre wooded lot. We shall peddle, shuttle and generally have fun. Tons to ride. Eat, drink be merry. You come.

I went and rode with Stirling and Chef in Leavenworth last year. Was amazing and I recommend it highly. Stoked for this year.

O+
Posted: Sep 13, 2019 at 12:47 Quote
I make dinner food.... Last year it was chili with hatch chilies and braised pork. This year I might do something different. Considering a big pot of Curried Lentil Stew or bring up my custom made Kebab grill that my oven manufacturer made for me... Bring the bike, some lights for night rides on rosy boa and some beers.

Posted: Sep 13, 2019 at 12:54 Quote
Yes yes annnd yes! Stoked you’re able to put it together again this year!!!!

O+
Posted: Sep 13, 2019 at 13:07 Quote
Shred it’s less than 6 hour drive down! Come get some!!

Posted: Sep 13, 2019 at 13:37 Quote
yep straight down the 97 homie.... and quite a beautiful drive I might add. That lake district in Canada on the way down through to Penticton was something to behold.

Posted: Sep 13, 2019 at 16:19 Quote
this little gathering sounds super fun fellas! Enjoy the shred and the eats!

Posted: Sep 13, 2019 at 16:28 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
Honestly, alloy frame and carbon wheels will make more performance difference than carbon frame and alloy hoops... definitely money more wisely spent.

Strangely enough that's probably what my next full suspension bike will look like since I'm likely not doing the Levo like I planned.

Posted: Sep 13, 2019 at 16:42 Quote
onemanarmy wrote:
badbadleroybrown wrote:
Honestly, alloy frame and carbon wheels will make more performance difference than carbon frame and alloy hoops... definitely money more wisely spent.

Strangely enough that's probably what my next full suspension bike will look like since I'm likely not doing the Levo like I planned.
It really is the most economical path to performance... wheels change a bike more than anything else. I'd rather run entry level frame and components with good wheels than pro level everything else and entry level wheels. And the bigger you are or the harder you ride, the more they'll shine.

Posted: Sep 13, 2019 at 17:28 Quote
I’ve been really hyped on higher engagement hubs over the last couple years.... mostly for the tech climbing benefit. picked up an I-9 101 recently to replace the koozer cheese hub and have been impressed so far. 90 points and the same price as a hope. So far. So good. I think it was Sherbert who suggested it... good suggestion

O+
Posted: Sep 13, 2019 at 17:37 Quote
I had a set of i9 hubs a while back... loved em but in hindsight they weren’t too awesome... they looked really cool cause they were straight pull but damn I snapped a metric crap ton of $8 spokes and replaced bearings on the regular... I just glanced at their site and didn’t see any straight pull options for MTB so perhaps I wasn’t alone. That 101 looks tidy!

O+
Posted: Sep 13, 2019 at 17:49 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
I’ve been really hyped on higher engagement hubs over the last couple years.... mostly for the tech climbing benefit. picked up an I-9 101 recently to replace the koozer cheese hub and have been impressed so far. 90 points and the same price as a hope. So far. So good. I think it was Sherbert who suggested it... good suggestion

Funny, I was thinking about going the other way to lower POE. Preventing pedal kick and all.

With DT it's an easy experiment. Might be worth picking up some 18t rings in the web and comparing to my other Hope wheel.

Posted: Sep 13, 2019 at 17:51 Quote
Yeah I have never been a fan of straight pull ano aluminum spoked flashers, but the 101 is a more subdued bit

Posted: Sep 13, 2019 at 18:26 Quote
I’m the opposite, carbon frame and aluminum rims all the way for trail bikes. $500 CAD a rim for the same weight as an aluminum one? Fu*k that, a $120 aluminum rim will do just fine. Unless MTB wants drop the price and start selling carbon ones around $250 CAD. That would be double the amount, not 4 times the amount. Do that and they might get my attention.

Trip south.
Already proposed the Leavenworth weekend trip down south to the lady of the woods this morning. Only thing she said is “where you going to get the money for this trip? You complain every time you have to spend it on groceries!” Lol
Not set in stone yet but I will let you know.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.586981
Mobile Version of Website