Powered by Outside

Old Riders....But not "Old School"

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Old Riders....But not "Old School"
Posted: Sep 14, 2019 at 8:31 Quote
I love my Ripmo too. I may actually start riding it regularly again with the park closing this weekend. Lol

BBLB is correct about today’s bikes. As a self-confessed bike weight watcher you do have to wrap your head around the idea you’re on a 29 inch wheeled bike with a bigger cassette out back. You will be heavier than your old 27.5 one from four years ago. My 2015 HD3 was 28.5 lbs with carbon bar, carbon cranks, X01 and 27.5” wheels. My 2019 Ripmo is 32lbs with carbon bar, aluminum cranks, GX 12 speed and 29” wheels. I’m learning to cope with the extra 3.5 pounds of bike. Snicker snicker.
Seriously though I feel this 29er Ripmo is more durable. If I were to change one thing about it though I would’ve went X01 again. I don’t love the GX shifting.

On another note, BBLB, I see a lot of your ride logs popping up on here. It looks like you are riding a route right along the beach front quite often. Are you riding your road bike near the beach or some sort of bike right on the sand? Either way riding some sort of bike along a Florida beach can’t be that bad. Send us a picture dammit.

Winter is coming.

Posted: Sep 14, 2019 at 15:53 Quote
picked up the ladys first mtb today while she is out of town. Really hoping she enjoys it a little bit.

Wife Lady s first Mtb Cant wait to see if this sticks a little bit...

Posted: Sep 14, 2019 at 15:56 Quote
Ohhhhhh thats a nice whip!

Posted: Sep 14, 2019 at 16:10 Quote
whoadragon wrote:
Ohhhhhh thats a nice whip!

I think it shall do the trick for her Smile

Posted: Sep 14, 2019 at 16:19 Quote
photo
I just got a barely used Ripmo frame and i noticed the bottom bracket has a weird shape on the drive side but is totally flat on the other side. Why is this like this?? Does it affect installing new bottom bracket? I wish I knew how to post pics on here but I am an old guy.

any info is appreciated

Posted: Sep 14, 2019 at 16:30 Quote
bauer3 wrote:
I just got a barely used Ripmo frame and i noticed the bottom bracket has a weird shape on the drive side but is totally flat on the other side. Why is this like this?? Does it affect installing new bottom bracket? I wish I knew how to post pics on here but I am an old guy.

any info is appreciated
There's a great diy thread for learning to post.

Posted: Sep 14, 2019 at 16:36 Quote
bauer3 wrote:

any info is appreciated
Can you elaborate a bit on what you mean by weird shape? The bottom bracket is supposed to be fully cylindrical on both sides but it isn't precisely centered if that's what you're talking about...

Posted: Sep 14, 2019 at 16:43 Quote
And no advice is free.... Vegas eh? Hmmmmm must send all responders 17 free passes to the most vicious strip clubs and 12 all you can eat steak dinners coupons....

Posted: Sep 14, 2019 at 17:26 Quote
Congrats on getting your own jiggle bunny Sterling.

Waaaaay back when my wife rode, I'd ride ahead and watch her coming......for her safety of course......

O+
Posted: Sep 14, 2019 at 19:19 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
picked up the ladys first mtb today while she is out of town. Really hoping she enjoys it a little bit.

Wife Lady s first Mtb Cant wait to see if this sticks a little bit...

Which one is that? Kona has sone dialed hardtails.

Posted: Sep 14, 2019 at 19:40 Quote
bauer3 wrote:
photo

any info is appreciated

Probably just some boost crank/ chain-line offset thing.....

Posted: Sep 14, 2019 at 19:42 Quote
Jiggle bunny lol

Its a Mahuna Huss.... basic stuff but she’s probably going to be on gravel paths for quite a bit yet. For the price it is a go.

O+
Posted: Sep 14, 2019 at 20:13 Quote
bauer3 wrote:
photo

any info is appreciated

Looks like a press fit adapter of some sort. Totally guessing.

Posted: Sep 14, 2019 at 20:40 Quote
some new progg a la 70's

Posted: Sep 14, 2019 at 21:07 Quote
husstler wrote:
bauer3 wrote:
photo

any info is appreciated

Looks like a press fit adapter of some sort. Totally guessing.
Iscg adapter interface. There's a plate that gets sandwiched by the bb that allows chain guides to be used.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.059990
Mobile Version of Website